We don't look good

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The defense looks outstanding, but as any football fan knows - one good play or one really screwed off call from an official (or several, as in GB) can offset that.

Regardless, our offense reminds me of when I watched McGuire, Gelbaugh and Mirer (ick, ick ,ick) on some of those teams we had in the Kingdome. (Or Husky Stadium for a while)

The reality is that we are likely going to struggle all year to score TDs.

Carson looks good at the end of games and he at least will fight for yardage, but he isn't going to scare teams and he isn't going to carry a team. Baldwin is a stud and will keep us in games, but eventually he is going to draw a lot more attention. Lockett is fast but we have to have the time to get the ball to him, same with Ricardson. And guys that run long aren't going to be much help when we are in the EZ.

So AZ looks weaker, thankfully. But the Rams seem to be getting better and until we can prove otherwise, they own us.

Given our inability to score TDs but given our cakewalk schedule - what is the realistic % chance of us winning the NFC West this year? The Rams look better and at least they can score. AZ took a step or two back, SF looks better but still pretty bad.

On the surface it seems like a given, but then you have to factor in that we cannot seem to score TDs. Can you legit win a division without being able to score? And if so, will we be like the great Ravens teams with an amazing defense and one of the worst offenses ever in the playoffs?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
4-4

Seahawks/Rams series since 2013. Rams play the Hawks tough. They do not "own" them.

Rest of the post I pretty much agree with.

DrDix

Reaction score
It's two games. Any absolutes about what we will be way in the future is just hilariously misguided.

The offense is completely abysmal right now. The O-Line is hot garbage, Russ isn't at his best right now, and coaching does not appear to be helping. However, it's a 16 game season, things can turn around. Now, I'm not saying they will or they won't have any problems later in the season, but all this assuming this and that going on this forum is out of hand. There is tons of time for improvement yet.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DrDix":2uavfzcd said:
It's two games. Any absolutes about what we will be way in the future is just hilariously misguided.

The offense is completely abysmal right now. The O-Line is hot garbage, Russ isn't at his best right now, and coaching does not appear to be helping. However, it's a 16 game season, things can turn around. Now, I'm not saying they will or they won't have any problems later in the season, but all this assuming this and that going on this forum is out of hand. There is tons of time for improvement yet.

My only concern with optimism is that the team had similar issues last season. It just feels like a dramatic change is needed to really get the team going again.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
In the past the success of a football team was from the OL and DL.

It still holds true.'

In this day of CAP, which I hope they do away with, you have to skimp somewhere. Maybe we need a good moderately expensive players and not great expensive players. It's become pretty apparent, the OL is not a place you wanna be cheap at.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Some of the responses act as if this is new.

THIS was festering for a bit, we just blamed it on injuries.

Now, it continues when people are healthy.

We got rid of Kearse, who took a lot of crap for dropping passes, but he was also a guy that would end up making circus catches when our QB would run around and fling the ball up in desperation. As I recall, it ended up extending some crucial drives.

But given the roster, I am not seeing who, besides Baldwin, is really going to be a solid TD threat? Since the D will key on Baldwin, Locket and Richardson could potentially help but since the forte is running long that might not really be something to count on. Worse, considering Wilson LOVES to throw high.

The only guy we got that can seem to high-point the ball is Baldwin and MAYBE Graham.

This isn't a new issue or something we are entirely shocked by.

What we are realizing is that it got worse.

Now can we win the division considering what we are seeing, because this looks more like a trend than an outlier.

Seafan

Reaction score
I'm most concerned about Bev/RW but that has been a concern for a long time. Doesn't look to be getting better any time soon.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm not concerned, but am extremely optimistic about the hope for this team. The offense is in good hands and will contribute to what they've been doing as a team for the past 5 years -- win!

sdog1981

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3k5ub0ht said:
It's become pretty apparent, the OL is not a place you wanna be cheap at.

Not true. Good teams are very cheap on the Oline. You just need to have the right coach along the Oline. With the limits on practice, you have to have a coach that is a good teacher and a master communicator. Tom Cable has shown that he is a complete failure in this regard. He wants players that need more practice time then he has available, he tries to convert Dlinemen to Olinmen. He drafts Tackles to play guard and guards to play tackle. He has wasted so many draft picks you would have to think that he is trying to be this bad out of spite.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2tx58pyp said:
I'm not concerned, but am extremely optimistic about the hope for this team. The offense is in good hands and will contribute to what they've been doing as a team for the past 5 years -- win!
170303-Reality-Check-Ahead.jpg

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ak17s9q said:
DrDix":1ak17s9q said:

My only concern with optimism is that the team had similar issues last season. It just feels like a dramatic change is needed to really get the team going again.

And the season before. Someone here has brought up "Ground Hogs Day" and is spot on, 2015 and 2016 seem to be identical seasons. This season seems to be starting off the exact same way.

Another poster brought up the 2011 Tavaris Jackson year. The frustration that offense produced was infuriating, similar to today. So what is the difference between 2011 and now? Three things and offensive line is not one of them.

1. Marshawn Lynch
2. Russell Wilson
3. Read option.

In 2012, 2013, 2014 we had all three of those things. During any other years of the PC era we are at the very least just 1 short of those 3 and the difference shows.

I'm sure ET is a component but he has pretty much not been injured most of his career and there was a noticeable drop off last year when he did get hurt.

Josea16

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3lqmm56u said:
4-4

Seahawks/Rams series since 2013. Rams play the Hawks tough. They do not "own" them.

Rest of the post I pretty much agree with.
Jeff Fischer isn't there. Rams are better offensively and worse defensively. Donald or not. Advantage Seahawks. Won't you like 4-1 into the bye. All of you need to chill already.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Speaking of Groundhog Day, seems like I hear these complaints every year in the early part of the season. But then what happens? We start making plays and get on a roll and before you know it, we're right back in the playoffs. By then, those panickers have faded away. It'll happen again this year.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2cn9h1xw said:
The defense looks outstanding, but as any football fan knows - one good play or one really screwed off call from an official (or several, as in GB) can offset that.

Regardless, our offense reminds me of when I watched McGuire, Gelbaugh and Mirer (ick, ick ,ick) on some of those teams we had in the Kingdome. (Or Husky Stadium for a while)

The reality is that we are likely going to struggle all year to score TDs.

Carson looks good at the end of games and he at least will fight for yardage, but he isn't going to scare teams and he isn't going to carry a team. Baldwin is a stud and will keep us in games, but eventually he is going to draw a lot more attention. Lockett is fast but we have to have the time to get the ball to him, same with Ricardson. And guys that run long aren't going to be much help when we are in the EZ.

So AZ looks weaker, thankfully. But the Rams seem to be getting better and until we can prove otherwise, they own us.

Given our inability to score TDs but given our cakewalk schedule - what is the realistic % chance of us winning the NFC West this year? The Rams look better and at least they can score. AZ took a step or two back, SF looks better but still pretty bad.

On the surface it seems like a given, but then you have to factor in that we cannot seem to score TDs. Can you legit win a division without being able to score? And if so, will we be like the great Ravens teams with an amazing defense and one of the worst offenses ever in the playoffs?
You're insane if you can't see Wilson blows away any QB the Hawks ever had. I saw those guys you mentioned. I remember Mudbone. Wilson has HOF potential if he can ever get a good offensive line.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":i43yvfs7 said:
Some of the responses act as if this is new.

THIS was festering for a bit, we just blamed it on injuries.

Now, it continues when people are healthy.

We got rid of Kearse, who took a lot of crap for dropping passes, but he was also a guy that would end up making circus catches when our QB would run around and fling the ball up in desperation. As I recall, it ended up extending some crucial drives.

But given the roster, I am not seeing who, besides Baldwin, is really going to be a solid TD threat? Since the D will key on Baldwin, Locket and Richardson could potentially help but since the forte is running long that might not really be something to count on. Worse, considering Wilson LOVES to throw high.

The only guy we got that can seem to high-point the ball is Baldwin and MAYBE Graham.

This isn't a new issue or something we are entirely shocked by.

What we are realizing is that it got worse.

Now can we win the division considering what we are seeing, because this looks more like a trend than an outlier.

Now Graham does not want to be hearin that mess.