O-line PFF player grades for week 2

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
C - Justin Britt - #3 Center in NFL Overall: 81.5 (Above Average) - Pass Block: 71.8 (Average) - Run Block: 82.9 (Above Average)
RT - Germain Ifedi - Overall: 52.9 (Poor) - Pass Block: 66.4 (Below Average) - Run Block: 41.5 (Poor)
LG - Luke Joeckel - Overall: 45.1 (Poor) - Pass Block: 38.9 (Poor) - Run Block: 59.0 (Below Average)
RG - Mark Glowinski - Overall: 38.4 (Poor) - Pass Block: 35.2 (Poor) - Run Block: 42.3 (Poor)
LT - Rees Odhiambo - Overall: 30.7 (Poor) - Pass Block: 33.9 (Poor) - Run Block: 30.4 (Poor)

I bolded anything above a poor grade because it shows improvement.

Justin Britt will probably be a pro bowler, and Ifedi is showing better play in his second year. Would like to maybe see Pocic at RG as Glow's high grade for a season is 54.6.

I thought the line played pretty well in the first half, Russell Wilson definitely had an off game regardless.

------

Here is week 1's PFF grades.

C - Justin Britt - Overall: 75.1 (Average) - Pass Block: 42.3 Poor) - Run Block: 80.9 (Good)
RT - Germain Ifedi - Overall: 44.5 (Poor) - Pass Block: 48.2 (Poor) - Run Block: 37.9 (Poor)
LG - Luke Joeckel - Overall: 42.9 (Poor) - Pass Block: 39.8 (Poor) - Run Block: 45.6 (Poor)
RG - Mark Glowinski - Overall: 36.8 (Poor) - Pass Block: 36.3 (Poor) - Run Block: 38.0 (Poor)
LT - Rees Odhiambo - Overall: 26.3 (Poor) - Pass Block: 26.0 (Poor) - Run Block: 34.6 (Poor)

massari

Reaction score
Wonder how much longer they'll stick with Odhiambo and Glowinski?

Joe Thomas and John Greco (workout) please.

BBQHawk

Reaction score
Dead cats do bounce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I thought Odiahmbo played "okay," while Glowinski absolutely sucked. He needs to be benched they need to put in Oday.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
massari":3s68hdz5 said:
Wonder how much longer they stick with Odhiambo and Glowinski?

Joe Thomas and John Greco please.

Yea trade Jimmy for one of them.

djb28

Reaction score
I can not believe that as an NFL organization and as so-called "professionals" that they think this line is worthy to be placed on a field each Sunday for people to pay money to see.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I want to know if Seattle is just missing alot in the draft or if the guys we draft don't fit what Cable is trying to do, which apparently is nothing.

That being said we were better overall this week, so hopefully we just continue to improve.

PasteyNuTTeR

Reaction score
Anyone catch when asked how the Seahawks fix their offensive line issues, Dungy responded, "Get better players."

Hopefully hearing stuff like that begins to light a fire under the oline and their coach.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Sweeet, they got better this week and we won the game.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sorry but having grading done 2 1/2 hours after game seems a bit rushed to to a thorough job. Who is there to call PFF out since they own the industry?
That said, I mostly agree with their appraisals since they mostly pass the eye test.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seymour":1spcja10 said:
Sorry but having grading done 2 1/2 hours after game seems a bit rushed to to a thorough job. Who is there to call PFF out since they own the industry?
That said, I mostly agree with their appraisals since they mostly pass the eye test.

I was curious about this too. Honestly, I put a lot of it on Russ and on the passing schemes. I thought there was enough time given today if the passes were going to be quick passes. But what seems to happen is that Russ drops deep, the tackles let the ends go far upfield, but they are still blocking and then Russ reallizes there are people around him and he starts to scramble. If he would take a shorter drop, the DEs would be behind him, and if he'd throw the ball quicker the ball would be out before any of these blocks lost (well, except for Glows whiffs, nothing helps those).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We aren't "missing" on the draft.

We are shooting for upside instead of ability, and most of those risks do not pan out.

We also tend to let a lot of our competent OL go, believing we can develop OL. We can, but it takes years and we end up letting them go like Sweezy or keeping them like Britt. But like Sweezy & Britt we have years of struggling with them before they find their groove and when they do we don't reap much benefit.

The problem isn't just bad drafting. The problem is we make really stupid decisions on which OL players we keep in the first place. And then we can talk about why we "miss" on the draft, because we are shooting for stars instead of just trying to get competent players.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Something I just noticed on the touchdown pass, another 9er does a better job of blocking the DT than Glow does.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2gsqcny0 said:
We aren't "missing" on the draft.

We are shooting for upside instead of ability, and most of those risks do not pan out.

We also tend to let a lot of our competent OL go, believing we can develop OL. We can, but it takes years and we end up letting them go like Sweezy or keeping them like Britt. But like Sweezy & Britt we have years of struggling with them before they find their groove and when they do we don't reap much benefit.

The problem isn't just bad drafting. The problem is we make really stupid decisions on which OL players we keep in the first place. And then we can talk about why we "miss" on the draft, because we are shooting for stars instead of just trying to get competent players.

I would reword what you said, I think it has more to do with drafting players who can play multiple positions instead of drafting a lineman who plays one position really well.

davidonmi

Reaction score
All the improvement I'm seeing is from dreck to terrible.
Sans britt of course

Fudwamper

Reaction score
HawkGA":35ywj1bq said:
Something I just noticed on the touchdown pass, another 9er does a better job of blocking the DT than Glow does.

Wasn't it Glows guy that actually blocked Odiambo's man? It was a hell of a block. It kept russ from being sacked. I hope someone can gif that block.

Yep Just re watched the highlight on ESPN, Glow wiffs big time, Odiambo gets beat around the corner, Russ dodges Glow's man causing him to block the guy behind him. :34853_doh: