Rare Talents, Special Players

Sealake80

Reaction score
We got some rare birds on this team.

A lot of really special players.

Who are the generational players on this squad, this year. I say that cause for me Beast is right at the top of this kind of list. But he is a Raider now so.....

Who are those rare guys, on this squad, you will definitely tell legends of a long time from now...

I will start:

Earl Thomas
Kam
Bobby
Sherman
Wilson
Baldwin

I am throwing in Bennett because of his bicycle ride.

Who you all got on the list?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Earl and Kam. I think they will go down as the greatest safety tandem of all time.

OP
OP
S

Sealake80

Reaction score
Ooooooh greatest safety tandem of all time?

I think that is probably true.

Awesome.

If Chris Carson is good enough to make that list... we have a chance to win SB again this year!

Maybe we should get a line for him :D

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I remember Rawls being on that list, now most want him out.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Without excluding any of our any special players, Sheldon Richardson has looked pretty impressive. His presence alone has aloud for Jarran Reed to be a participating pass rusher, not to mention when Bennett sits out we are still able to put pressure on the QB with a 4 man rush.

Hope he is signed for the long term by mid season, if not sooner.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
When you say Rare talent I think Tom Brady, Payton Manning, JJ Watt, Julio Jones, Megatron, Deion Sanders.

I think Lynch was is this rare talent. I think beside Earl and Kam, that Sherm is the next closest. As good as Baldwin, Wagner, Bennett, Richardson, and Avril are they don't strike me as rare.

Thing is Russ is rare but I think the thing that is rare and amazing is what he has accomplished for his stature. he has some elite intangebiles but he also has some glaring weaknesses that prevent him from this Rare or Elite club you are asking about.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
LMAO at the RB who had one good game being a potential future great.

You guys did this with Rawls too.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Earl and Sherman. Kam needs help to be effective, the other two can do it wholly on their own.

Wagner is borderline.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Frank Clark never gets enough love from the fan base. Opposing teams are as scared of him as anyone on the defensive line. He will be a star before its all said and done.

mistaowen

Reaction score
FO needs to lock Sheldon Richardson up long term. He is a monster and the missing piece of interior pressure this defense has needed.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sheldon Richardson
Kam
Earl
Shermouth
Probably Bobby

Russell Wilson

We have some other very good players but the above names are the special talents. You can find a comp to the rest of our very good players on every NFL roster.

Now we also have a few players that start who could also be termed "special" because they are so bad that you can't find other starter comps on NFL roster. No point in naming them here but we have a special kind of special.

OP
OP
S

Sealake80

Reaction score
Bobby underestimated.

Dude is prob best middle LB in league for several seasons now.

I also think he leads this D more than people give him credit 4.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The 3 best overall defenders on the team are Wagner, Kam, and Bennett. Their abilities are far and away greater than just their positions on a static defense. They could play multiple positions on many defenses and still play at a pro bowl level. Earl and Sherm are more static to their positions in this defense. Sherm wouldn't be as good on a defense with more man coverage and Earl is still small for the position and is strictly a FS only who's been allowed to play on mostly instinct due to having a SS captain, be it Milloy or Kam. Contrary to popular belief, Sherm and Earl are more fitted here than being truly scheme diverse like the other 3 even though they may be specifically more fitted to be here.

All 5 fit the bill of the thread title, however. EASILY.

Also, I don't think anyone sane thinks that Rawls needs to be a goner. He's just not as overall talented as Carson. Carson didn't slip because of anything other than exposure. He was a JUCO guy who came in late and then broke a thumb metacarpal, if I remember right. Carson could fit into this bracket. Rawls and Prosise possibly could, but there's sort of a reverse Emmitt Smith argument here. Emmitt went 4 yards before being touched in most of his career (OL) and I don't think he was truly a great RUNNING talent, but he was also one of the most durable RBs ever. He played...always. Is that a talent? I guess it has to be. We'll see if Carson falls into that category too, but he's kind of more bad arse than a lot of guys on the field and he knows it.

Baldwin's 6.56 3 cone isn't really legendary(it kind of is), if you put it in perspective. There are proabably 30 guys in the last 25 years who are at that level of quickness or even better (I literally looked this up about 3 years ago in terms of 3 cone), but almost none of them are actually great WRs on top of that. Combine his monstrous quickness with his mental makeup and you have something special.

Reece, if he were here, is/was one of these players. He's learned to be a great blocker over the years, but he doesn't just have great receiving skills....he was literally a WR. One that ran a 4.4 40 at that. Him at 240 pounds at 28-29 years old was the reason why the FB position stayed alive as long as it has and his level of play was transcendent of the position.

Lockett is fast approaching a real level of special. He's still smaller. While really fast, he may not be a true burner. While really quick, he's not on the quicks level of Baldwin. High pointing can be a problem. His innate really special ability is spacial awareness. His timing on cuts and how he feels defenders closing in even when he's not really directly looking is something he just has. You can't teach it.

Probably missing stuff here, but eh.....

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3f0x0fbn said:
The 3 best overall defenders on the team are Wagner, Kam, and Bennett. Their abilities are far and away greater than just their positions on a static defense. They could play multiple positions on many defenses and still play at a pro bowl level. Earl and Sherm are more static to their positions in this defense. Sherm wouldn't be as good on a defense with more man coverage and Earl is still small for the position and is strictly a FS only who's been allowed to play on mostly instinct due to having a SS captain, be it Milloy or Kam. Contrary to popular belief, Sherm and Earl are more fitted here than being truly scheme diverse like the other 3 even though they may be specifically more fitted to be here.

Also, I don't think anyone sane thinks that Rawls needs to be a goner. He's just not as overall talented as Carson. Carson didn't slip because of anything other than exposure. He was a JUCO guy who came in late and then broke a thumb metacarpal, if I remember right. Carson could fit into this bracket. Rawls and Prosise possibly could, but there's sort of a reverse Emmitt Smith argument here. Emmitt went 4 yards before being touched in most of his career (OL) and I don't think he was truly a great RUNNING talent, but he was also one of the most durable RBs ever. He played...always. Is that a talent? I guess it has to be. We'll see if Carson falls into that category too, but he's kind of more bad arse than a lot of guys on the field and he knows it.

Baldwin's 6.56 3 cone isn't really legendary(it kind of is), if you put it in perspective. There are proabably 30 guys in the last 25 years who are at that level of quickness or even better (I literally looked this up about 3 years ago in terms of 3 cone), but almost none of them are actually great WRs on top of that. Combine his monstrous quickness with his mental makeup and you have something special.

Reece, if he were here, is/was one of these players. He's learned to be a great blocker over the years, but he doesn't just have great receiving skills....he was literally a WR. One that ran a 4.4 40 at that. Him at 240 pounds at 28-29 years old was the reason why the FB position stayed alive as long as it has and his level of play was transcendent of the position.

Lockett is fast approaching a real level of special. He's still smaller. While really fast, he may not be a true burner. While really quick, he's not on the quicks level of Baldwin. High pointing can be a problem. His innate really special ability is spacial awareness. His timing on cuts and how he feels defenders closing in even when he's not really directly looking is something he just has. You can't teach it.

No. Without dissecting all of what you have said, with much being of good substance, ET is the best player on this team. Has been for several years. No disrespect but the guy is not only a HOF player but high level HOF.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm going to go wild and say George Fant. I can see him developing into a real stud at LT.

Walter Jones? Nah. Lock down the position as one of the best tackles in the league? I think he has a good chance.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":j5mrmqck said:
vin.couve12":j5mrmqck said:

No. Without dissecting all of what you have said, with much being of good substance, ET is the best player on this team. Has been for several years. No disrespect but the guy is not only a HOF player but high level HOF.

Earl is an awesome player, man, but Earl will have to wait decades to have a chance at getting in. If he does, it will be more on reputation than anythung else. Statistically, Reggie Nelson would get in before ET, for instance. And he's not the best player on the team. Not at all.

Kam would be in the same boat as far as reputation.

Sherm and Wagner would make it to the hall long before either, if any of them make it at all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":4vryovsl said:
I've got the new guy, Chris Carson. I think he's going to be special long-term.

Yep, said this a while ago, dude just jumps off the screen when he runs.

I had the same reaction when I saw Russell and Frank Clark for the first time.