1st place...

TAB420

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I couldn't resist. :49ersmall:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They could easily have been 0-2 and in last place. The offense tried to give the game to the Niners. Luckily the defense showed up and wouldn't have any part of that.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Ugh, I know you're kidding but this reminds me of that Rams fan last year who was gloating about the Rams being in 1st place after two games. Guy wouldn't listen and ended up looking like a complete idiot after the rather predictable implosion that happened. What was his name? Pops or something, LOL!

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
Thar's what I was thinking when I posted it... :D

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
hawksfansince90":22uac6xr said:
It helps when you play in the weakest division of NFL.

AFC south is the worst division.

Has been for some time.

zhawk

Reaction score
is or has the patriots division really been any stronger... for years?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
It is pretty awesome. We always start out in last place too. We are on our way.

Arizona 0-0
LA 0-0
SF 0-0
Seattle 0-0

Cc5674

Reaction score
Titans are in first as well in AFC South so maybe Sunday will tell which division is best.

rjdriver

Reaction score
xgeoff":2x6asuge said:
Ugh, I know you're kidding but this reminds me of that Rams fan last year who was gloating about the Rams being in 1st place after two games. Guy wouldn't listen and ended up looking like a complete idiot after the rather predictable implosion that happened. What was his name? Pops or something, LOL!

I think it was redalice. One of my favorite posters. Anyway....

I don't want to go into this again, but I'll make the same argument I made with her. We are tied for first place with two other teams in the division. That's right. All three of us are tied for first place. If we were all three 2-0, we would be also tied for first place.

I know what's going happen now. I'm going to get bombarded with how we have a better something rather that puts us in first place. These things are only used to decide playoff seeding and division winners at the termination of the season. They also have a name. They are called "tiebreakers". There is a reason they are called "tiebreakers". Because teams with identical records are tied.

Go ahead and crucify me.

To placate Ro, they might actually be called tie breakers or even tie-breakers. I have no inclination to check.