Lets be real here

RussB

Reaction score
Im taking the homer glasses off, this team is not a serious contender. They are a borderline playoff team, but wont get past the divisional round again unless the offensive problems are fixed asap. And judging by the last 2 years, its not looking good. They look worse than the past 2 years already on offense. The defense is great, but they cannot just win games by themselves.

GB manhandled them, look what ATL did to GB. Both those teams crush us to be honest. With this historically bad offense, we dont stand a chance against any serious NFC contender its just too much of a weakness. ATL would stomp this team as it is right now just like they did the last time we played them. This team is not a serious superbowl contender unless the offense can atleast become mediocre, and that honestly seems like a huge task right now.

Just venting, hope they turn it around. Oh and fire cable/bevell.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RussB":2mucfogq said:
Im taking the homer glasses off, this team is not a serious contender. They are a borderline playoff team, but wont get past the divisional round again unless the offensive problems are fixed asap. And judging by the last 2 years, its not looking good. They look worse than the past 2 years already on offense. The defense is great, but they cannot just win games by themselves.

GB manhandled them, look what ATL did to GB. Both those teams crush us to be honest. With this historically bad offense, we dont stand a chance against any serious NFC contender its just too much of a weakness. ATL would stomp this team as it is right now just like they did the last time we played them. This team is not a serious superbowl contender unless the offense can atleast become mediocre, and that honestly seems like a huge task right now.

What other team in the NFC is a "contender" over us

Dallas just got POUNDED by Denver and lost by 25 points
GB just got POUNDED by ATL losing by 11 but were down 24 points going into the 4th quarter

ATL is probably the "front runner" right now but then again how good are they actually when they have faced the Bears and Packers. I didnt think the packers looked that great against us and we got hosed by refing so hard.

Is Carolina a darkhorse. They have only let up 6 points and are 2-0 but again..have only played 49ers and Bills so .... idk

This D is hands down the best in the NFC and when playoff time comes around defense becomes even more important. The offense sucks right now but they only have to be average for us to probably win 90 percent of our games.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2gfi1ic0 said:
RussB":2gfi1ic0 said:

GB just got POUNDED by ATL losing by 11 but were down 24 points going into the 4th quarter

ATL is probably the "front runner" right now but then again how good are they actually when they have faced the Bears and Packers. I didnt think the packers looked that great against us and we got hosed by refing so hard.

Is Carolina a darkhorse. They have only let up 6 points and are 2-0 but again..have only played 49ers and Bills so .... idk

This D is hands down the best in the NFC and when playoff time comes around defense becomes even more important. The offense sucks right now but they only have to be average for us to probably win 90 percent of our games.
All those teams probably beat us to be honest. They just went life and death with the niners bro .....THE NINERS . Only TD was a broken play its time to wake up, we cant even convincigly beat the niners anymore what makes you think we even beat dallas?

Dallas D which is average would probably dominate this crap offense just like the past 2 teams we faced, defense would eventually gas and then dallas runs it down seattles throat to win the game. Carolina would do the exact same, especially with carolinas D line....forget about it.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
I have to agree, at this point I don't see a team capable of winning a Super Bowl. We have nothing going on offence at all and I don't see our coaches able to make any adjustments or bold moves to facilitate any improvements. Russell won't be able to ad-lib us to another title if he's not getting any protection and the guys he does manage to find drop catchable balls. These have been two frustrating games to watch.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's game 2 and people are already jumping ship.

I don't understand this mentality.

We have an elite defense.

You just saw what Chris Carson is capable of!

All this offense has to do is slowly improve on the O Line!

Doug Baldwin is one of the best!

"No E" is a dam good receiver and returner!

Jimmy Graham will get better when they STOP trying to force him in to being aTE

Our rookieWR will only get better, and I see him as Anquon Boldin light.

THis is a playoff contender, and has been every year!!

onepicknick1

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1lyfdgmc said:
RussB":1lyfdgmc said:

I would say Alt, GB, Dal, TB, Car, Rams, Min, Phi, and well see how we do against Az.

Is it even possible to have a worst offensive line then last year? SF is ranked 32nd on the defensive line we are ranked 32nd on our offensive line.

I don't see us making the Playoffs but then again who would want to watch it it's almost like the game tape is different then the game on TV meaning Pete has a lot of positives.

Veilside

Reaction score
ivotuk":25q8rut1 said:

Yes, agreed. :ditto:

Crizilla

Reaction score
The Rasm have scored 3 times as many point as us

hold me bros

Attachments

• feel-bro_o_728117.jpg
    feel-bro_o_728117.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4,844

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":rhcceohh said:

We almost lost to the Niners,,,,,at HOME. How many teams in the NFC are worse than the Niners?

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
A lot of the problems today (Wilson's inaccurate passes, the drops, lack of returns, etc) are things I'm confident were just a bad day and not systemic. The offensive line is the concern that I'm not convinced is just going to fix itself in time (although it likely will get a little better). If we can't find some solutions to the oline - and after 2 or 3 years I'm not confident things will get fixed in the next few months - this team will eventually hit a wall in the playoffs.

Josea16

Reaction score
RussB":gd23xu7o said:

Currently? With no improvement of the OL this is a 7-9 or 6-10 team. I almost hope I'm right so the trash is removed via the coaches but that won't happen until Pete is gone.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":29l7cst7 said:

I don't think anybody is jumping ship, just merely being objective with our team. I'll support this team no matter what but it doesn't mean I'm blind to their current deficiencies.

stang233

Reaction score
Unfortunately the David Carr syndrome and now kicked it. It is very obvious. It could take a full year to recover.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We have an elite defense but a near incompetent offense.

And I love Carson too, because he can give you 2 when it is 3rd & 1, and this team sorely needed that for YEARS...but he isn't the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders or even Dave Meggett. He is a very good RB, he isn't however a transcendent rookie like a Kareem Hunt. He is good, but he isn't going to stop the bleeding and he isn't going to carry this offense.

We have succeeded in making 2 very average defenses look very good. That is a sign we suck, not a sign that the defenses are suddenly getting good for a week.

Yes, I know the refrain "It's Only Week 2" then it will be "Only Week 3", "Only Week 4", etc...the problems are evident and systemic.

Our OC is below average and now our QB is not bailing him out like he used to.

We cannot score TDs, so we have to rely on a defense that is going to get more & more tired as we use them more and more to save the game.

This is not a good team. This is a team producing like the 2-14 teams I used to watch. It isn't that bad. We are likely 7 wins or 9, maybe. But only because of our candy-cake schedule.

And if we beat the Wildcard team in whatever playoff game we might stumble into, we are going to get shelled in the very next game. Like we did last year and the year before. (Then Soohawk will come in saying we win 70% of our games and nothing is wrong because just making the playoffs is an amazing accomplishment....yay.).

The window shut because we gambled that Wilson was a young Steve Young and as the defense got older, the offense would make up for it. But that didn't happen AT ALL. So this year they figured it out and went all in on defense again, because this offense cannot carry a team, it relies on the defense to do that. (If we had not signed Richardson we would have been screwed...can you image this team with THIS offense but last year's defense? Yikes.)

Josea16

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":jjr796va said:
We have an elite defense but a near incompetent offense.

And I love Carson too, because he can give you 2 when it is 3rd & 1, and this team sorely needed that for YEARS...but he isn't the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders or even Dave Meggett. He is a very good RB, he isn't however a transcendent rookie like a Kareem Hunt. He is good, but he isn't going to stop the bleeding and he isn't going to carry this offense.

We have succeeded in making 2 very average defenses look very good. That is a sign we suck, not a sign that the defenses are suddenly getting good for a week.

Yes, I know the refrain "It's Only Week 2" then it will be "Only Week 3", "Only Week 4", etc...the problems are evident and systemic.

Our OC is below average and now our QB is not bailing him out like he used to.

We cannot score TDs, so we have to rely on a defense that is going to get more & more tired as we use them more and more to save the game.

This is not a good team. This is a team producing like the 2-14 teams I used to watch. It isn't that bad. We are likely 7 wins or 9, maybe. But only because of our candy-cake schedule.

And if we beat the Wildcard team in whatever playoff game we might stumble into, we are going to get shelled in the very next game. Like we did last year and the year before. (Then Soohawk will come in saying we win 70% of our games and nothing is wrong because just making the playoffs is an amazing accomplishment....yay.).

The window shut because we gambled that Wilson was a young Steve Young and as the defense got older, the offense would make up for it. But that didn't happen AT ALL. So this year they figured it out and went all in on defense again, because this offense cannot carry a team, it relies on the defense to do that. (If we had not signed Richardson we would have been screwed...can you image this team with THIS offense but last year's defense? Yikes.)
Kansas City isn't as good as they seem because the injuries are stacking up unlike in the Seahawks case. Just a hint from a guy living on the Northside of the river. 8)

Kansas City is good, seriously good but aren't New England playoff good without Eric Berry. That's a safety that can and does cover Gronkowski. The Seahawks don't have that.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Kareem Hunt hasn't proven he's a transcendent talent, chill out. I agree Carson has limitations, but if we can combine him with a healthy Rawls and a Prosise who catches the flippin ball, we can make it work.

I'm starting to wonder if our defensive investment is worth it. I love them, but unless they start scoring TDs every game, there's no way we can win consistently. This offense HAS to improve or we are one and done even if we make the playoffs.

razor150

Reaction score
With how bad this offense is I am starting to wonder how many times we will get shut out. We have made 2 mediocre defenses look like our defense. What will the Rams do to us?

cymatica

Reaction score
Maybe Pete's idea of a balanced team requires a little spending balance between offense and defense.

HawkGA

Reaction score
cymatica":us2lj0j6 said:
Maybe Pete's idea of a balanced team requires a little spending balance between offense and defense.

Not really. The money just hasn't been spent all that wisely on offense. Neither the Harvin trade and the Graham trade have worked out (with one being a bust and the other being meh). The problem on offense has been more about spending money trying to get skill positions rather than building up the offensive line.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Right now we should be happy to be 1-1, and not 0-2. The wins will come slowly and Carroll's teams are notorious for slow starts. We are OK, and will improve. I doubt we get to SB level but I think by the mid-season pint we will be contending. The offense will find an identity and things will click.