O-Line Changes

original poster

Reaction score
I'm very much a glass half full type of guy so I refuse to admit that our line won't improve week on week and we won't still be playing like we have to date in November however our weakest links are (IMO) RG and LT.

I'd like to see what Pocic can do at RG, surely he can't be any worse than Glow has been to date?

This second one is probably not going to happen due to the shortage of decent tackles in this league but trading for a mid tier LT would be a huge improvement, 3rd or 4th round pick type guy that has been in the league a couple of years that can at least help stabilise the line.

Opinions? Likeliness? Any possible trade partners? I'm not aware of any teams with 'spare' LT's, that's not to say there isn't any!

We are an average line away from a historically good team.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Highly doubt a trade happens for a tackle, but I'll speculate anyway.

1.) Niners would most likely move Staley for the right price, though not necessarily within the division.
2.) The beaten to death trade for Joe Thomas.

Something I didn't realize until looking at tackle contracts... Russell Okung is currently the second highest paid LT in the league. Chargers gave him four years and $53M with $25M guaranteed. Would you have the Seahawks match that?

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3a5p6paf said:
Highly doubt a trade happens for a tackle, but I'll speculate anyway.

1.) Niners would most likely move Staley for the right price, though not necessarily within the division.
2.) The beaten to death trade for Joe Thomas.

Something I didn't realize until looking at tackle contracts... Russell Okung is currently the second highest paid LT in the league. Chargers gave him four years and $53M with $25M guaranteed. Would you have the Seahawks match that?

I wouldn't touch the Okung contract with a barge pole!

Never been too keen on the JT trade talks, too old IMO. I agree, any trade is unlikely.

massari

Reaction score
LT Joe Thomas, LT Kelvin Beachum, LT Joe Staley- those are the only decent LT options that I know of who MIGHT (probably not) be available at the trade deadline. Okung has a ridiculous contract.

Would love if they brought in free agents G John Greco, LT Cyrus Kouandjio and LT Branden Albert for workouts...are they worse than what they have? Even try to get LT Clady out of retirement for a workout lol.

Member they released RG Jahri Evans before last season? I do. :34853_doh: Lions stole G TJ Lang from them as well.

Unless Pocic/Aboushi/Roos/Tobin can play average T or G, they have to find somebody to trade for.

Free agent TE Gary Barnidge is one the best pass blocking TE's as well.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I know it's only been two games, but pretty interesting that Joeckel is making more this season than KJ, Kam, Cliff, Doug, and Frank Clark.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Shuffling our oline is similar to changing bad batteries out from an already used supply.

Seymour

Reaction score
I've been saying this all off season. Don't expect Cable to get the line right (5 best playing --not fixed) until game 4 at least. He has no clue on an eye for talent, therefore he has to rely on game tape. Practice won't help him figure it out either.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what their timetable looks like. Pete and company generally seem to extend the pre season into the first few regular season games. A little tinkering here and there until they are ready to turn it on and go. Anyone seen the snap counts from yesterday yet? Are they just trying to get this green group as many reps as possible instead of trying some different combos? How many more games until we see some different combos? Glowinski is a well oiled turnstile at RG. He seemed much better at LG and has 2 years of experience there. Move him back. Put Pocic at RG. BTW, even my autocorrect understands this as it changed Pocic to logic! LOL!

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
In my option the offensive line can be made to work if we use more three step drop.

Glowinski struggles with defensive linemen in space. Using three step or run blocking action will fix some of the issues.

Seymour

Reaction score
HawkNuts":2cxpomim said:
In my option the offensive line can be made to work if we use more three step drop.

Glowinski struggles with defensive linemen in space. Using three step or run blocking action will fix some of the issues.

Then Cable should only put him in when they are back down on earth. :twisted:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Trade Graham back to the Saints for their draft pick that we traded Graham for.
San Deigo is a team that exploits the TE.. don't they have some linemen?