Offense identity?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I know I know there will be tons of funny names an jokes but I would like to take a somewhat closer look a this. By watching the game it seemed like there was less identity than skill. It was a weird game with the dropped passes as well.
IMHO opinion it has more to do with coaching and leadership. I think they are trying to constantly get back to smash mouth football and that is just not the way our offense is built. Work with what you have. They want one thing but have the pieces for another. Then you get what we have here today. I don't like it any more than you do.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The first ingredient in "smash mouth" is having an offensive line capable of smashing someone in the mouth!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3v4rs2o3 said:
The first ingredient in "smash mouth" is having an offensive line capable of smashing someone in the mouth!

Agreed. What we play is smashed mouth football.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":b2xfd17p said:
Right. We don't have that no matter how much they want it. So it becomes leadership at that point. Pete I ma looking at you.
Maybe with Pete's style and desire for ball control and smash mouth desire is very hard to reconcile for Bevell with what we have. Maybe him not all to blame. Also given a poor line to work this all out with as well.

In the end I think they will figure things out. Unfortunately it will take several weeks to figure it out.....At least I hope.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3ehn2qic said:
brimsalabim":3ehn2qic said:

Agreed. What we play is smashed mouth football.

80d5a6a732164075c0286d39a53f2eee.jpg

HawkGA

Reaction score
The thing is, they don't even have the personnel for smash mouth football nor do they line up in formations to do it. And yet that is supposedly what they want.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I liked the hurry up/no huddle.

maybe not an "identity" but perhaps a reflection of necessary changes to the pace the offense plays with (which would be part of their identity)

seedhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3jkffo0f said:
I liked the hurry up/no huddle.

maybe not an "identity" but perhaps a reflection of necessary changes to the pace the offense plays with (which would be part of their identity)

Could be just my impression but, while the TD drive was mostly no huddle, it really was not hurry up as even with Russ running more, he went out of bounds at least twice and stopped the clock. The drive took over 5 minutes off the clock and covered 84 yards. With the exception of the either timeout or penalty, when we huddled again, the common denominator is/was, we did not sub anyone. We had the correct people in the correct position and just lined up, not giving the 9ers a chance to sub. Running no huddle does not mean you are hurry up. You can still burn a lot of clock, and wear down the D.

Latest posts