Against which opponent can the Offense do something?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Please tell me against which team we will maintain some form of a rhythm on offense? This is not about wins or losses, just the offense. I can only identify 2 teams against which we can get something done unless a miracle happens.

Tennessee? Jurrell Casey, Brian Orakpo will make life difficult up front. Sylvester Williams is a blob that just doesn't want to be moved.

Colts? I can see some consistency.

Rams? LOL. No comment needed. Hopefully Russ doesn't get injured.

Giants? Great secondary and a top 3 DT combo in the league. JPP on the edge.

Texans? We're not capable enough to stop Watt and Clowney. Good secondary and was the #1 defense last year. Gave up the fewest yards per game.

Redskins? Kerrigan can take over a game in stretches and Josh Norman will shut down one side of a field.

Cardinals? Division foe who knows us inside out.

Falcons? Dan Quinn shut us down after the 1st TD in the playoffs. He was the brain behind our defensive adjustments.

49ers? See yesterdays result.

Eagles? Cox and Graham on the D Line. Criminally underrated LB crew.

Jags? 10 sacks week 1. Calais Campbell owns our OL. Much improved defense.

Rams? See above.

Cowboys? Maybe some rhythm.

Cardinals? See above.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Only way this offense will work is if Pete and Bevell will swallow their pride and run an uptempo offense, letting Russell play hero ball.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Guys. we always start slow. Remember the Miami game last year? The Rams game? Years prior, Carolina, Houston

Seymour

Reaction score
If you simply lower your expectations, you won't have to worry about all those games.

I don't see a SB contender anymore, so I'll just look for improvement and pray that Cable gets axed by the end of the year. By years end I may be ready for Pete to hit the road if he continues to let this madness he calls an offense continue. Looking at the talent we have going to waste makes me want to :pukeface:

Sign37now

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3gdy9d95 said:
Guys. we always start slow. Remember the Miami game last year? The Rams game? Years prior, Carolina, Houston

I don't see that happening this year. This offense looks especially offensive this year...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This question is like the people who try and decide wins and losses when the schedules comes out.

Just doesn't work that way in the NFL, the NFL is a week to week league. Things change so fluidly on a week to week basis with injuries and effort, answering this question is silly.

What I do know is this, now that Carson has settled into the starting job and Russell seems a little more in sync I expect our offense to continue to improve. Can you say the same for all those defenses? Hope they have as good of depth as our defense, cause as the season moves along those defenses are going to wear down and sustain injuries.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
We have a high school team here.. Bad DB's but I"m a little worried about their DL.

kobebryant

Reaction score
It becomes really tough to predict when the offense will get it together, and that makes it frustrating; like last season I think we were at peak frustration, and then they go and play great at New England.

So, your guess is as good as mine.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3do3tsrx said:
We have a high school team here.. Bad DB's but I"m a little worried about their DL.

The problem is that our game plan will be to run face first into the strength of their defense, and refuse to attack their weakness until we're down 10 points.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawks46":v82bet2z said:
Bobblehead":v82bet2z said:

The problem is that our game plan will be to run face first into the strength of their defense, and refuse to attack their weakness until we're down 10 points.

I've been bringing this up again this year. "It's not about them, it's about us" arrogance and stubbornness is going to kill us again this season.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seymour":2i92umfj said:
By years end I may be ready for Pete to hit the road if he continues to let this madness he calls an offense continue.

Its getting close to that isnt it? Shame but true.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Pete's not going anywhwere anytime soon. He is one of the best coaches in the league and has assembled a staff that understands what it takes to get to the postseason.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":d93lb56t said:
Pete's not going anywhwere anytime soon. He is one of the best coaches in the league and has assembled a staff that understands what it takes to get to the postseason.

don't need Pete to go anywhere, just need him to dump his oc. Pretty sure with a new OC pete will still be able to remember how to get to the post season...he's not senile

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2jurlf5w said:
Siouxhawk":2jurlf5w said:

don't need Pete to go anywhere, just need him to dump his oc. Pretty sure with a new OC pete will still be able to remember how to get to the post season...he's not senile
Pete answered this kind of nonsense for you back in January, if you remember.