All Things Considered

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks weren't the only team having to deal with the wet weather conditions at the Clink, the 49rs were facing the same challenges, they had a damn decent Run game, and their Defense showed some glimpses of early Seahawks (minus the LOB of course)
Now I don't know about Y'all, but I'm glad to see the 49rs climbing their way out of the cellar; I think it crowds the Seahawks into upping their game...."Iron Sharpens Iron" + I feel good about reestablishing my ill will on them :49ersmall:

mrt144

Reaction score
That looked like Jello sharpening Jello out there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I said last week that the Niners had a good young defense, and this game was going to be closer than people thought.

I wasn't counting on all the drops and brainfarts by our defense over pursuing running lanes, so should have been more a 17-3 type game, and not this close.

But I saw offensive improvements, and that's a positive sign. Hopefully we can build on that and not lay another dud on the road next week. Cause Tennessee also has a very good young defense.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hyde running for nearly 100 yards on two plays put our Defense on notice, and the sacks they had on Wilson says that they're on track to playing some really respectable Defense.
But yeah wet conditions affected the overall performances of everybody, on both sides of the field.

edogg23

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks offense just made them look respectable just like we did for the packers D. Honestly they could have had 3 picks out their easily.

Jville

Reaction score
scutterhawk":22h5jseo said:
Hyde running for nearly 100 yards on two plays put our Defense on notice, and the sacks they had on Wilson says that they're on track to playing some really respectable Defense.
But yeah wet conditions affected the overall performances of everybody, on both sides of the field.

I reviewed only one of Hyde's two big runs. In that review, one of our new rotation defensive ends lost outside containment. If Clint Hurtt hasn't already address that mistake, I'm certain it will be attended to today. Team personnel are still settling in and becoming familiar with this years schemes and team mates. This season looks promising.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Hyde got almost half (61) of his 124 yards on one carry. Take away the defensive breakdown on this play and SF had no running game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":39fb95x3 said:
I said last week that the Niners had a good young defense, and this game was going to be closer than people thought.

I wasn't counting on all the drops and brainfarts by our defense over pursuing running lanes, so should have been more a 17-3 type game, and not this close.

But I saw offensive improvements, and that's a positive sign. Hopefully we can build on that and not lay another dud on the road next week. Cause Tennessee also has a very good young defense.

I hope you're right about offensive improvements.

I never bought the Seahawks at -13.5

Yes, I let that and some other things (last year's Niners' peformances, last week vs. Carolina) shade my prediction in Aros' thread, but I never would've put money on it.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It's a little weird that our offense was so bad but our time of possession was rather dominant.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I guess i'm not as enamored with the 49ers defense as some are. Our pathetic offense makes any defense look better than what they truly are. Ex- Packers.

12thbrah

Reaction score
We often play down to our opponent. Or in some cases up to our opponent like in New England last year. So really who knows what this team is about yet?

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
12thbrah":26feaqem said:
We often play down to our opponent. Or in some cases up to our opponent like in New England last year. So really who knows what this team is about yet?
That was my point.....We haven't even come close to getting on track yet.....Too many miscommunications on both sides of the ball, so I don't see them as having taken the 49rs for granted....No NFL team is just going to roll over for us.
Some folks here want to play down the talents of the competition, but the 49rs put up a good fight.
Our Offense, (O-Line in particular) NEEDS this kind of hammering competition, as it's not going to get any easier, and in fact, as the competition starts jelling, and getting a lot more into their playbooks, (49rs included) we're going to see the intensity dial turned way up.
I Just hope that the O-Line play will rise to the occasion.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plenty of good 1-1 teams out there. Hawks w/a typical slow start. Left a lot of plays and points on the board yesterday. Should be been an easy 2 touchdown win.

NINEster

Reaction score
StoneCold":2rh9ood4 said:
By the numbers, other than score (yes I know that's all that matters) we dominated the 9er's.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201709171 ... ab=analyze

Take away the two freak runs by Hyde and they had no running game at all.

The Niners (Goodwin) dropped every significant downfield pass, some which would have been significant for the Niners.

Can't always isolate plays like that.

The 2013 NFCC was a game of big plays, and no offense whatsoever to speak of otherwise:

Aldon strip sack fumble on Wilson
Kap long run
Lynch long TD run
Boldin TD catch over Thomas
Wilson TD to Kearse on 4th and 7 free play
Seahawks long punt return (Tate?)
Lynch fumble near the goal line
Kap sack fumble
Kap interception to Chancellor

Outside of that, it was all defense.

You can say, "man, if we didn't let Kap run for 55" or "Wilson with his lucky free play", etc.. etc....

I believe Hyde has the most 100 yard games at Century Link. Big runs, garbage time....stat still stands.

NINEster

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":216v0y6h said:
Hyde got almost half (61) of his 124 yards on one carry. Take away the defensive breakdown on this play and SF had no running game.

And they never have running games in Seattle. Who ever kicks ass on the ground in SEA?

Maybe Dallas did? AZ?

BTW, this has been the Wilson refrain from NFL fans for the longest time......

"He did nothing the entire game, and then made 3 throws"....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Him getting game winning drives and having a short memory is very common. Very few QB's finish like he does.

On another note, tip of the cap to your Niner's D line, they were solid.

StoneCold

Reaction score
NINEster":3uaaqvgi said:
StoneCold":3uaaqvgi said:
By the numbers, other than score (yes I know that's all that matters) we dominated the 9er's.

The Niners (Goodwin) dropped every significant downfield pass, some which would have been significant for the Niners.

The 2013 NFCC was a game of big plays, and no offense whatsoever to speak of otherwise:

Kap long run
Lynch long TD run
Kap sack fumble

You can say, "man, if we didn't let Kap run for 55" or "Wilson with his lucky free play", etc.. etc....

I believe Hyde has the most 100 yard games at Century Link. Big runs, garbage time....stat still stands.

All true. The end score turns on a few plays, but play in and play out we made it far more difficult for you than you did to us.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":11yjzkt6 said:
StoneCold":11yjzkt6 said:

Kap long run
Lynch long TD run
Kap sack fumble

Cherry picking plays of the past, by players that may or may not even be on the teams any longer, says nothing of where we are right NOW......Game 2, of '2017'
LOL, No team is even close to being at their peak just yet.

Rat

Reaction score
The Niners are not "climbing out of the cellar". They screwed up badly by passing up their chance on Mitchell Trubisky, and they won't be decent until they find a QB. That guy is clearly not on their roster right now; I watch a lot of Big 10 football, and I couldn't believe CJ Beathard went before the 7th round, let alone the third. He's not their guy either.

Shanahan was probably a decent hire, but that squad is going to be nearly completely turned over before they're good again.