Hi From Titans Fans

The Hammer

Reaction score
Titans fan here,

This should be a good game this Sunday, though I expect it to be a low scoring one. A lot has changed in recent years for the Titans and we seem to be on the right track.

Some facts about the Titans:

-- Bad pass defense and good run defense. If you want to beat the Titans you need to do so through passing, which is not terribly difficult

-- that being said we have two new starers at CB -- a first round pick and a high priced free agent. And our young FS is quite good -- a third round pick from last year who was not even invited to the combine. So the pass defense is improving.

-- The Titans have a strong offensive line with probably the best OT tandem in the league -- both first round picks.

-- The run offense is one of the best in the league with Demarco Murray and Derrick Henry. The offense is also a very conservative and power based.

-- The pass offense, like the pass defense, is a work in progress. We also made major upgrades at WR with Eric Decker and a first round pick, Cory Davis. Despite missing the preseason Davis looks very good so far. We also have an old but very good starting TE.

-- Mariota is the real deal. He is good, getting better and learns from his mistakes. Most of us are huge fans. There is though a small but vocal group of Mariota haters among our fans base. I think for many of them they were not able to handle with the Titans actually being somewhat good last year. We had been bad for so long they did not know how to deal with success.

-- Special teams were a disaster last year and the FO put a lot into improving them. Adoree Jackson, first round CB, looks amazing returning punts.

To close, you guys are probably still the better team however the Titans are not the cakewalk they were the last time these two teams met.

:irishdrinkers:

mrt144

Reaction score
The Hammer":2zbjmfdj said:
Titans fan here,

This should be a good game this Sunday, though I expect it to be a low scoring one. A lot has changed in recent years for the Titans and we seem to be on the right track.

-- Bad pass defense and good run defense. If you want to beat the Titans you need to do so through passing, which is not terribly difficult

-- that being said we have two new starers at CB -- a first round pick and a high priced free agent. And our young FS is quite good -- a third round pick from last year who was not even invited to the combine. So the pass defense is improving.

-- The Titans have a strong offensive line with probably the best OT tandem in the league -- both first round picks.

-- The run offense is one of the best in the league with Demarco Murray and Derrick Henry. The offense is also a very conservative and power based.

-- The pass offense, like the pass defense, is a work in progress. We also made major upgrades at WR with Eric Decker and a first round pick, Cory Davis. Despite missing the preseason Davis looks very good so far. We also have an old but very good starting TE.

-- Mariota is the real deal. He is good, getting better and learns from his mistakes. Most of us are huge fans. There is though a small but vocal group of Mariota haters among our fans base. I think for many of them they were not able to handle with the Titans actually being somewhat good last year. We had been bad for so long they did not know how to deal with success.

-- Special teams were a disaster last year and the FO put a lot into improving them. Adoree Jackson, first round CB, looks amazing returning punts.

To close, you guys are probably still the better team however the Titans are not the cakewalk they were the last time these two teams met.

FWIW, not even a cakewalk feels like a cakewalk up here in the PNW right now. I hope its a good game rather than seeing us flail haplessly for all but one drive.

Sign37now

Reaction score
If you guys have at least a capable DL they will run right over our OL. It could be ugly.

Tical21

Reaction score
We're a little salty right now. The Titans haven't earned the right to play with the Seahawks yet. Will be a learning experience. They'll play better against a team of our caliber next time. 27-6 Hawks.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Our offense is essentially toothless in its current form. Don't know what to expect, honestly. I'm excited for the game as I haven't had a chance to see Mariota play much.

Hearing a fan speak endearingly of tackle play makes me jelly.

Is Henry going to take over for Murray?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I just looked. 1:05 kickoff. We dodged the dreaded 10am kickoff bullet!

This is gonna be a defensive slobber knocker. I suspect the first team to 17 wins.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Tical21":2usje82e said:
We're a little salty right now. The Titans haven't earned the right to play with the Seahawks yet. Will be a learning experience. They'll play better against a team of our caliber next time. 27-6 Hawks.

You've lost your marbles.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I've been following what the Titans have been building for a few years and I'm impressed. That offensive line of yours is great and I'm pretty jealous after seeing what we throw out there each week. Definitely setting up some pieces for the future in a very winnable division. I think this will be a low scoring close game.

ducks41468

Reaction score
If you guys can score 10 points and don't repeatedly commit turnovers and give us short fields you'll probably win. Since you have a good run defense we'll probably spend most of the game running right into the d-line in a valiant but ultimately failed attempt to assert our dominance.

RussB

Reaction score
Im calling it right now, your titans will beat the seahawks and possibly blow them out.Your offense is pretty legit, mariota is a young beast and that run game is legit. Defense also has a nice front that will terrorize this horrific offense.

This offense will get shut down, defense eventually gets tired and titans score some points.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
RussB":25m4kebv said:
Im calling it right now, your titans will beat the seahawks and possibly blow them out.Your offense is pretty legit, mariota is a young beast and that run game is legit. Defense also has a nice front that will terrorize this horrific offense.

This offense will get shut down, defense eventually gets tired and titans score some points.

Oh come on now. The Defense held Aaron Rodgers at home to 17. We very well could lose but let's not get crazy.

This is the best defense Mariota will see all year.

Tical21

Reaction score
gowazzu02":wt688k75 said:
RussB":wt688k75 said:

Oh come on now. The Defense held Aaron Rodgers at home to 17. We very well could lose but let's not get crazy.

This is the best defense Mariota will see EVER throughout his career..
FIFY

Tical21

Reaction score
RussB":3e4iouzp said:

Yeah, cause we get blown out all the time.

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
Sign37now":1xo1m7t5 said:
If you guys have at least a capable DL they will run right over our OL. It could be ugly.

I hope you are right.

Front 7 is a strength for us. Jurrell Casey and Brian Orakpo are Pro Bowlers, Derrick Morgan is close to being one and there are some other good guys there too.

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":363xyean said:
The Hammer":363xyean said:

Sigh.... so jealous.

It was a longtime coming. We went several years in a row with probably the worst OL in the league.

Aircrew

Reaction score
The Hammer":1vc4q8zh said:
Titans fan here,

We're a dumpster fire on offense. You'll probably win a close game due to our 1992-esque Defense keeping it tight. Be gentle.

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
RussB":2t90shhs said:

I do not see us blowing the Seahawks out. We do not blow anyone out except the Jaguars.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I had this as a loss prediction for the Hawks prior to season opener, which I have little doubt it will be based on the last 2 games. Titans look like an up and comer. Your team only needs 2 touchdown's to beat us which with some of your offensive weapons, and our horrible offence, causing our good defence to get gassed by the 3rd quarter, will no doubt happen. Our o line will crumble, our run game short of Carson is non existant. Watch for some bubble screens that won't work. The only thing your team needs to watch for is if Wilson escapes the 8 guys coming at him somehow and gets a few yards on a run or makes a pass, which about half the time be 5 feet over the receivers head. It will be close and very low scoring at the half but you guys will open it up in the 3rd as out defence will be spent. Should be a 2 td win for the Titans.