Something that baffles me

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I wonder what a Seahawks practice and training camp looks like. Does our defensive line take it easy on our offensive line during practices or whats the deal? You think they would be accustomed to going against strong defensive line play since they see it every day. Does our defense just go back to the huddle rolling their eyes? I've often wondered about that.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Sadly, limited contact in practice thanks to the CBA. That's why guys like Cable hate the new CBA, since you can only get guys adjusted to games by playing games. Practices are glorified walkthroughs most of the time in shorts and helmets.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":mbetit8m said:
I wonder what a Seahawks practice and training camp looks like. Does our defensive line take it easy on our offensive line during practices or whats the deal? You think they would be accustomed to going against strong defensive line play since they see it every day. Does our defense just go back to the huddle rolling their eyes? I've often wondered about that.

Not even sure how one can even be that much of a fair judge of players or positions in practice anymore because of the fact of not having at least 1 day of full contact.

Huge difference between thud and tackle. Bigger difference between full contact practice and full contact regular game.

So yes, by the fact of not having to tackle, the D-line probably does go easy on the O-line.

mrt144

Reaction score
Dinosaurs were unprepared for the meteor strike just as Cable was unprepared for the CBA and college OL situation.

cymatica

Reaction score
mrt144":eak98sij said:
Dinosaurs were unprepared for the meteor strike just as Cable was unprepared for the CBA and college OL situation.

Seems that way. Better off drafting linemen with poor technique and adapting the offense. Is it really a good idea to try and build these guys up from scratch with limited practice? By the time they get it we can't pay them.

The limited contact rule is destroying the game.