How long before we ruin our frachise QB??

How much longer before we ruin our QB with poor oline play given the current level of play?

• 1) It has already happened.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • 2) By the end of this season.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • 3) 2-3 more seasons at this rate.

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • 4) 4+ seasons.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 5) Not going to happen, he is too resilient.

Votes: 43 35.5%

• Total voters

Seymour

Reaction score
This is becoming a valid concern as time, hits, and ghosts wear on our QB. Many of us have spent a lot years wanting a true top 10 franchise QB to always keep us in the hunt. Wilson will likely be here long after Cable, Bevel, and Pete, and him getting ruined by poor oline play may already be having at least some effect IMO. I'd like to hear others thoughts on if, when, or will this eventually happen given the current (or close) level of oline play. Please assume bottom 5 in protection continues, and answer the survey.
Lastly. By ruined I mean there no hope of him returning to very near his best years of play.

Atradees

Reaction score
RW is one amazing player. I think we are wasting him. He is too resilient to be damaged goods. I think he needs to be coached up by someone qualified.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Atradees":2x95ceff said:
RW is one amazing player. I think we are wasting him. He is too resilient to be damaged goods. I think he needs to be coached up by someone qualified.

Part of me still wants to believe that, and I admit, it was a difficult question to answer. I went 2-3 years, but there are signs IMO of the effects now. No chance was my 2nd choice though, as he always has found a way in the past.

adeltaY

Reaction score
How many times was Wilson hit yesterday? It seemed like he was ending up under some massive DL guy way to often, even after getting the ball out pretty quickly. I tried to look up the stats but I can't find them yet.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I will admit I am worried it is happening this season.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Russell has PTSD (Post traumatic Sack Disorder). Pete Carroll is to blame and once retired, I will always tie his legacy to a coach that ruined a franchise QB due to his failure at Offense line scouting coaching drafting and signing.

Seafan

Reaction score
It's good to see him finally running again. It's been too long. His passing this season has been sub-par so he needs to do something to get the offense moving.

The offense is all on Bevell/Wilson. He can stand there like a fool and take sacks or he can get out and run. Standing in the middle so he can overthrow his targets makes no sense. I'd rather see him get first downs.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
iigakusei":ow2ubmli said:
I will admit I am worried it is happening this season.

Nobody can blame anyone for making any of those selections in my mind. I think this poll will end close in range from 1-5...possibly 4+ lagging behind since that could be stretch to predict. We will see.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
ludakrishna":131793e8 said:
Russell has PTSD (Post traumatic Sack Disorder). Pete Carroll is to blame and once retired, I will always tie his legacy to a coach that ruined a franchise QB due to his failure at Offense line scouting coaching drafting and signing.

LMAO...(not funny really though). Vent, let it out, this is the place. I disagree, but I have no certain proof either.

quadsas

Reaction score
If he is to play his whole career like that, he wont reach 10 seasons. Hes basically taking running back load at this point

WmHBonney

Reaction score
He already has happy feet. Not his fault though.

RussB

Reaction score
its already happened, wilson is shook from all the pressure the past 2 years and he sometimes runs in the pocket even when he doesnt have to. he has no condfidence to stay in the pocket anymore. he also misfires alot of throws from being so shook.

irocdave

Reaction score
The way RW turtles up and spins around in a clean pocket then runs in to DT's so far this season almost made me choose it has already happened. Watching him look like a caricature from a Nintendo game with a turtle hat on Sunday pissed me off.

Tom Cable and DB are ruining what could have been the Hawks best franchise QB to date. He is starting to look a lot like Rick Mirer. Yea, I said it, and I was around for his year one, he looked like Steve Young, then he got the shit pummeled out of him in years 2 and 3. RW hasnt regressed that far, but he is regressing. He is better than the average running QB, to bad our OC cant come up with a game plan that accentuates his strengths, like roll outs, running back screens etc.

kf3339

Reaction score
Cyrus12":ljxfp3qs said:
David Carr 2.0

He's not there yet, but going in that direction. PC IMO is oblivious to the situation.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
OK I am a bit surprised at the results honestly.

I just want to be sure everyone understands "ruined" mean he has ZERO chance to return to say 2013-2015 form once the problems are solved for him. Not just happy feet that every QB goes through.

Atradees

Reaction score
This offense is certainly some of the ugliest offense I have ever seen. I have been privet hating the annual just wait till mid season and hope the line improves. If you give RW an inch, he will find away to win.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
This franchise hasn't been the same since February 1st 2015. Things are getting progressively worse. RW is a part of the problem.