Time out before the half

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I tried to do a quick search to see if there was a thread on this and didn't see one, but sorry if this has been beaten to death. Curious about people's opinions on this. I hated that time out used on D before the end of the half when the Niners had the ball. It looked to me like they were happy to sit on it and go into the half down 6-3. We use timeouts, leading to their big run on the draw and penalty giving them 3.

I know you want to play aggressive and show faith in your team but realistically, if the Niners punt, the Hawks get the ball at what our 30 our so? Our offense is not like the Pats or Falcons. When we can't hold up a pass rush, are we really going to see them get 40 yards or so in 3 plays to get into range?
Until our offense shows signs of life, I would prefer to see us play ultra-conservative in spots like that.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think it was the right call, and in a game like this a 15 yd retunr and a first down and we'd have got more points. So far we had dominated on D and I would have been pissed if they didn't try to the the ball in the O's hand. Even if we were 60 yds out we could have tried a Hail Mary.

Just got unlucky, and it will come back around. We will eventually get that break in a game that counts.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I felt like the D would hold and the timeout was our chance to do a quick up tempo drive to end the half. It didn't work out but I don't disagree with calling it there

lukerguy

Reaction score
I agree with the time out. The Hawks shouldn't have allowed 15+ yards on a draw play- poor tackling.

The offense only moved the ball well in 2 minutes offense in GB, so perhaps they would have done it again.

getnasty

Reaction score
The way it went down rarely happens and unfortunately it back fired on us this week. I liked the timeout and I promise everyone and their brother would have been mad if Pete would have just let the clock run out.