We have been here before

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The Hawks are fine. The Hawks are literally getting ready to roll. 11 to 13 wins and another playoff win is a minimum for this team. We have been here before. Relax.

DonovanJM

Reaction score
Well my memory is quite fine and I have been a fan since about 1981 and I am quite frustrated with this pile of poo that they call an offensive line. It wouldn't be so frustrating if it wasn't a yearly occurrence.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for that refreshing post, BlueBlood. It's good to see some sensibility.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I get it. They haven't done well, Russel seems to be off in la la land and he is not above reproach. That said it sounds like you have 2 years on me and perhaps you are as hardcore as I am. Just I wonder, have we ever had a great oline under Pete? No, serviceable at best and without Lynch playing the part of wrecking ball. I saw a lot of change from week one to week 2 in blocking scheme and I think it continues to be tweaked. A couple heads could roll but it won't be Pete, Bevell or Cable. I see Graham being traded and Lacey has days numbered. Its a work in progress and progress will it be.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Started slow last year if I recall. Won 12-10 against the Dolphins, lost 3-9 against the Rams the next week, then won 37-18 against the 49ers. Maybe things will start clicking for the offense and put up a good showing this week. Lot of new pieces on this O.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3201ksdg said:
Nice story Greenblood :greetingsearthling:

41 years this year :D

a 1-1 start for a very good team playing not to lose until the wrinkles are ironed out. Its a long season and a cherished history. Enjoy the future blokes! This season is going to be special. I made a post like this in 2013 as well and it turned out OK.

Aircrew

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1oytzxe2 said:
The Hawks are fine. You either haven't been a fan long or have a terrible memory. The Hawks are literally getting ready to roll. 11 to 13 wins and another playoff win is a minimum for this team. We have been here before. Relax.

So, in your last life as one if the band members on the Titanic, what instrument did you play?

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2nk9fjad said:
400WattHPSHawk":2nk9fjad said:
Nice story Greenblood :greetingsearthling:

41 years this year :D

a 1-1 start for a very good team playing not to lose until the wrinkles are ironed out. Its a long season and a cherished history. Enjoy the future blokes! This season is going to be special. I made a post like this in 2013 as well and it turned out OK.

I hear you fellow fan. I recognized what wad brewing in 10-13 and it came to fruition. After 14 things seemed to go stupid

iigakusei

Reaction score
I like your positivity, but these I am a better fan posts don't usually rally the troops.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I watched the first Hawk game..it wasn't memorable.
I remember before the season during the expansion drafts, we lost the right for the first Collgate draft and remember being really sad by it, turned out it was Lee Roy Selmon we would have gotten, we drafted some bum as I recall and the franchise draft we went for older past their prime players ..

RussB

Reaction score
They are not fine. I dont see how going life and death with one of the worst teams is fine. Sure they will probably win anywhere from 10-12 games just because of the defense and wilson heroics. but once the playoffs come and they run into another elite team like ATL they will lose.

This offense is worse than terrible. They made the packers and 49ers look like the 02 bucs and 2000 ravens.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
Or there could be some folks who remember the end of the Holmgren era when the team got bad and feel that this team is having its own decline. I hope that you're right, but this team feels like its about to crash and have a couple bad years.

sdog1981

Reaction score
seanmatt":2r1pi777 said:
Or there could be some folks who remember the end of the Holmgren era when the team got bad and feel that this team is having its own decline. I hope that you're right, but this team feels like its about to crash and have a couple bad years.

Yeah, remeber the fun 2007 season? That team had problems running the ball and had to throw it all season to win they went 10-6 but the problems with the running backs and aging defense were still there and showed up when the team got blown out by Green Bay then they followed it up with a 4-12 and 5-11 seasons.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
For me, I have watched them for decades, and there have been stretches that I did other things with my sundays because it was so bad. I never rooted for another team, but at the same time I was sick of watching the shitshow for 4 hours.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Well there is a lot of "The End is Near" going on around here.

Fire everybody, turn out the lights and go home.

Last week they were saying the same things in New England. Some of the headlines they showed on TV were atrocious.

Let's not over react, it's a long season and there are 14 more games left.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
ivotuk":3v38863r said:
Well there is a lot of "The End is Near" going on around here.

Fire everybody, turn out the lights and go home.

Last week they were saying the same things in New England. Some of the headlines they showed on TV were atrocious.

Let's not over react, it's a long season and there are 14 more games left.
Yeah for real. THE HAWKS DO THIS EVERY YEAR

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's all in how you look at it. 1-1, and haven't played nearly up to their capabilities as a whole. I'll take it, and I believe.