Pete says changes in the offense this week

sutz

Reaction score
I hope so. After all, we'll be playing a different team. ;)

2_0_6

Reaction score
That's coach speak for..

Jimmy will be out this week and Willson will be starting.

hawk45

Reaction score
Jimmy struggling early is the best thing that could happen to us IMO. My worst fear is that we re-up him somehow instead of using that money on the OL where it is more sorely needed and going with a blocking TE that is a 1000% better fit for this offense. The Graham signing was totally defensible since it was thought to be a sinecure for red-zone woes, but that isn't how it has worked out to put it mildly.

When people ask where the money for OL is supposed to come from, it is their "easy button" offensive signings like Harvin and Graham. We are doing just fine at the skill positions with home-grown players.

Before someone throws up the Marshawn Lynch example out there, we gave up a 4th rounder in 2011 and conditional 6th rounder in 2012 and overthecap.com shows his cap hit was less than 700k his first season here in 2010. So in terms of cap we did not bet the house on him before it seeing if it was going to work out.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't mean we force feed to Jimmy. We were best when he went out a few years back and Russ was hitting different receivers with 3 steps drops. When he's playing, Russ forgets there are other receivers on the field.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Better mean Glow takes a seat on the bench this week, he was been horrendous. Rees wasn't expected to start and it shows, I hope they can find someone to take his place as well.

Stop having Jimmy in blocking. Treat him as a wide receiver.

hawk45

Reaction score
mistaowen":7ucefo21 said:
Better mean Glow takes a seat on the bench this week, he was been horrendous. Rees wasn't expected to start and it shows, I hope they can find someone to take his place as well.

It's a bit mind-boggling how stubborn they are being on this front. This could be his last year here and they are still asking their 10 million dollar TE weapon to do something he totally sucks at. Man is he ever an awful fit.

He still can go off for 10 catches and a TD in a game here or there, he's fantastic talent, but it'll still be an awful fit for this team for the money.

mistaowen

Reaction score
hawk45":3lf3kd29 said:
mistaowen":3lf3kd29 said:

It's a bit mind-boggling how stubborn they are being on this front. This could be his last year here and they are still asking their 10 million dollar TE weapon to do something he totally sucks at. Man is he ever an awful fit.

He still can go off for 10 catches and a TD in a game here or there, he's fantastic talent, but it'll still be an awful fit for this team for the money.

Yep agreed. He can still put up big numbers when used correctly. If they just never want to have him be used as a wide receiver and instead as a traditional TE, just trade him now to get something in return.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Abushi over Glow at RG
Paul out with the dislocated finger
Carson the starter
More Luke and less Jimmy

James in PA

Reaction score
Good they need to try something different with the O line. And if this doesn't work, PLEASE try getting something done before the trade deadline!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smellyman

Reaction score
The Patriots only had 3 WRs on the roster against the Saints, so they completely revamped their offense in a week.

After over 2 years the hawks have no clue how to use Jimmy. Or any of their offensive personnel really

Get it together. sheesh

Mojambo

Reaction score
They don't need new players on the offensive line, they need to go away from this ridiculous zone blocking scheme. I'm SO sick of watching all five guys take two steps and fall down at some defender's legs.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawk45":3ei71tm7 said:
Jimmy struggling early is the best thing that could happen to us IMO. My worst fear is that we re-up him somehow instead of using that money on the OL where it is more sorely needed and going with a blocking TE that is a 1000% better fit for this offense. The Graham signing was totally defensible since it was thought to be a sinecure for red-zone woes, but that isn't how it has worked out to put it mildly.

Yup. We need to invest time and money into finding the next Zach Miller. That's who was a perfect fit for this Offense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mojambo":fvgc93i0 said:
They don't need new players on the offensive line, they need to go away from this ridiculous zone blocking scheme. I'm SO sick of watching all five guys take two steps and fall down at some defender's legs.

That's something you do in February and March, not September. It takes months, even years to install and find the right personnel and coaches for a wholesale scheme change.

We know the ZBS works, we had the best run game in the entire league for years...........and with Carson, a healthy Russell and hopefully the line gelling together more and more I think we can get back to that.

2_0_6

Reaction score
If he for some reason is out for a few weeks, I wouldn't mind them taking a flier on Gary Barnidge

randomation

Reaction score
Let me know when Cable is gone and this moronic ZBS experiment is finally done because that is the change the O needs.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Why does everyone think Jimmy Graham is out? ONE bad game and he is benched? Sheesh. He has built up enough credit to blow by the last game. We have already paid for him this season so why not make him earn it. I understand he is not being utilized enough for the cap space he is taking but that does not diminish his abilities. I be he comes out this week and kicks ass because he is pissed about the game he had.