Titan Thread on Us

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Im not confident in winning this game, due to all the obvious things that have been talked about here.

But damn, some of the comments on there.... :x They have no idea about the Seahawks. At all. I thought about logging on there and pointing some things out, but why bother at this point.

:Dunno:

2_0_6

Reaction score
Lots of hype over there for a team that has been irrelevant for so many years.

Rat

Reaction score
A few myopic comments, particularly regarding our run D, but for an opposing fan base, the insults are small potatoes. They seem pretty rational as a whole.

mistaowen

Reaction score
They have reasons to be excited, especially in that division, but haven't faced a defense like this. They are quite confident Richard Sherman will be burned all day, which just...hasn't ever happened. If Seahawks can get the run game going (big if), forcing the Titans to pass would favor the Hawks I think.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Other than the "Hyde ran all over us" comment, pretty accurate opinions.

I'd like to think this will be another 4th quarter nail biter that Russell can work his magic and we sneak out of there with an ugly 10-6 type victory.

But my fear is Tennessee is treating this like the Bucs treated their game against us last year. "We finally have an elite team coming into our house for us to prove we're faster and nastier than they are."

This smells like the latter, and not the former to me. The Titans have waited 3-4 years for the league to take them seriously, I just hope this is not another trap game like the Bucs.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2dywpy52 said:
But my fear is Tennessee is treating this like the Bucs treated their game against us last year. "We finally have an elite team coming into our house for us to prove we're faster and nastier than they are.".

They did host the Raiders week one, so if its an Elite team they wanted to see they already have.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
My fear is, do we sound this dumb to outsiders? Even their accurate depictions of our team are marred with backwoodsyness. LOL

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":3eiga2c0 said:
My fear is, do we sound this dumb to outsiders? Even their accurate depictions of our team are marred with backwoodsyness. LOL

Yes. But it's all good.

I did post over there. This game kind of gives me the same 2011 Ravens game vibe. We were an up and coming team looking to validate our new physical approach to winning. The Ravens were the gold standard for that style. It was a great physical game and really to me vaulted us into the kind of defense that we've enjoyed for 5+ years now.

Seems kind of a role reversal here.

That they think we don't defend the run well -- that's pretty funny. Since we do that better than anything else other than lead the NFL in scoring. Still, I think that team in particular has a matchup that is problematic. They are a team more than willing to slog it out for 60 minutes. They will keep pounding the ball. And they're physical. But more than that, they have a mobile QB who can get those maddening 3rd and long conversions by way of scramble. Seattle seems particularly vulnerable to those kinds of plays. Tennessee doesn't seem like a team that is going to abandon the physical fight if they don't succeed right away. They'll keep at it until one of us cracks.

Would be nice if we made good on some of our TD opportunities. Instead of dropping/slipping on them. Our outlook would be much different if we hadn't squandered 60% of our chances.

Just feels like we're collectively misfiring. Whether it's reading the blocking wrong. Not seeing the open outlet. Overthrowing streaking WRs on a clear path to the end zone. Outright dropping TD throws. Getting pigpiled in the endzone for no PI call. Just feels like we're inventing new ways to not score.

hawk45

Reaction score
How many of them watched the entire game? If I only watched highlights I'd come away with the impression that Hyde ran all over us as well. To me it's a defensible impression to hold.

The Hammer

Reaction score
Rat":1ap7xu0f said:
A few myopic comments, particularly regarding our run D, but for an opposing fan base, the insults are small potatoes. They seem pretty rational as a whole.

If you want to see irrational fans check out our division rivals

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.p ... pid1026685

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=22989

Screen-Shot-2014-10-13-at-12.26.16-AM.png

ivotuk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2alnesho said:
KARAVARUS":2alnesho said:

Yes. But it's all good.

I did post over there. This game kind of gives me the same 2011 Ravens game vibe. We were an up and coming team looking to validate our new physical approach to winning. The Ravens were the gold standard for that style. It was a great physical game and really to me vaulted us into the kind of defense that we've enjoyed for 5+ years now.

That they think we don't defend the run well -- that's pretty funny. Since we do that better than anything else other than lead the NFL in scoring. Still, I think that team in particular has a matchup that is problematic. They are a team more than willing to slog it out for 60 minutes. They will keep pounding the ball. And they're physical. But more than that, they have a mobile QB who can get those maddening 3rd and long conversions by way of scramble. Seattle seems particularly vulnerable to those kinds of plays. Tennessee doesn't seem like a team that is going to abandon the physical fight if they don't succeed right away. They'll keep at it until one of us cracks.

Would be nice if we made good on some of our TD opportunities. Instead of dropping/slipping on them. Our outlook would be much different if we hadn't squandered 60% of our chances.

Just feels like we're collectively misfiring. Whether it's reading the blocking wrong. Not seeing the open outlet. Overthrowing streaking WRs on a clear path to the end zone. Outright dropping TD throws. Getting pigpiled in the endzone for no PI call. Just feels like we're inventing new ways to not score.

Love the bolded part I had forgotten about that, and I now remember the joy I felt at that game, because I LOVE elite defenses. I've always been jealous of those good ones, and have been extremely proud to be a fan of the team that had the #1 Scoring Defense 4 years in a row.

If it hadn't been for the devastating injuries late last year, it very well could have been 5 years in a row. We ended up #3 at 18.3 ppg, just behind the Giants (17.8) and the Patriots (15.6). A difference of 2.7 points per game. Aggravatingly close.

That's still one hell of an accomplishment, and with Sheldon Richardson and the development of "Quille" Griffin, Jarran Reed, Frank Clark and Nazair Jones, I think this will be an improved defense over last year.

That's pretty damn good for a team with double digit wins every year and picking high in the draft.

That's where Tenn has the advantage, like the 49ers, they've had losing seasons and have been picking high, and doing a good job of it. That Titan OLine should be pretty good with Conklin, Lewan, and Chance Warmack isn't too bad.

The one I really wanted that they got was Conkling, and Tretola. Tretola opened some big holes for Alex Collins at Arkansas.

StoneCold

Reaction score
One of the teams will not score more than 13 points. Problem is I don't know which.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Hammer":2u6e9mah said:

I almost just spit my lunch out when I read this

I don't want to be negative after such a huge win for our franchise, but I've got to tell you....the blatant media bias against the Jags has absolutely chapped my rear end. I wake up so excited Monday and the first thing I do is go to the Power Rankings, fully expecting the Jags to be anywhere between 1-3 and what do I see:
[/quote]

To even think the national media gives enough of a rat's ass to even remember the Jags exist is going too far, let alone there being some "bias."

Hell, I feel sorry for England. No wonder we're having a hard time converting soccer fans to football fans, all they ever see are the Jags every year. I'd hate football too.

The Hammer

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2hq07qkr said:
The Hammer":2hq07qkr said:

I almost just spit my lunch out when I read this

I don't want to be negative after such a huge win for our franchise, but I've got to tell you....the blatant media bias against the Jags has absolutely chapped my rear end. I wake up so excited Monday and the first thing I do is go to the Power Rankings, fully expecting the Jags to be anywhere between 1-3 and what do I see:

To even think the national media gives enough of a rat's ass to even remember the Jags exist is going too far, let alone there being some "bias."

Hell, I feel sorry for England. No wonder we're having a hard time converting soccer fans to football fans, all they ever see are the Jags every year. I'd hate football too.[/quote]

Oh yeah, they beat up on a horrible Texans OL in one game and they act like the Jags are the 1970s Steelers.

They were full over delusional overconfidence last week -- not so much this week lol

TruckedAtPike

Reaction score
ivotuk":2zhye1oi said:
Attyla the Hawk":2zhye1oi said:
KARAVARUS":2zhye1oi said:

Yes. But it's all good.

Love the bolded part I had forgotten about that, and I now remember the joy I felt at that game, because I LOVE elite defenses. I've always been jealous of those good ones, and have been extremely proud to be a fan of the team that had the #1 Scoring Defense 4 years in a row.

If it hadn't been for the devastating injuries late last year, it very well could have been 5 years in a row. We ended up #3 at 18.3 ppg, just behind the Giants (17.8) and the Patriots (15.6). A difference of 2.7 points per game. Aggravatingly close.

That's still one hell of an accomplishment, and with Sheldon Richardson and the development of "Quille" Griffin, Jarran Reed, Frank Clark and Nazair Jones, I think this will be an improved defense over last year.

That's pretty damn good for a team with double digit wins every year and picking high in the draft.

That's where Tenn has the advantage, like the 49ers, they've had losing seasons and have been picking high, and doing a good job of it. That Titan OLine should be pretty good with Conklin, Lewan, and Chance Warmack isn't too bad.

The one I really wanted that they got was Conkling, and Tretola. Tretola opened some big holes for Alex Collins at Arkansas.

Tretola and Warmack don't play for the Titans

AgentDib

Reaction score
Seahawks are the underdogs on the road and it's reasonable for Titans fans to be excited. It should be a close game (-2.5 spread) that will come down to the breaks either way. Maybe we'll get lucky and a couple of RW interceptions will bounce off Titan hands, maybe we'll drop the ball on some key third down conversions and TDs, maybe Lockett will return a punt for a TD.

I do think our defensive line is going to surprise Titan fans. We may not have JJ Watt, but IMO we have the best front seven in the league right now from top to bottom. The 1 pm PST start is also favorable and many outside of Seattle will not be aware that our road splits are surprisingly good under Pete Carroll in games that start at 1 pm or later.

This should be a fun game and I'm regretting not making Nashville my road trip this season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Hammer":ywapdg4n said:
They were full over delusional overconfidence last week -- not so much this week lol

I'd like to tell you this is a unique thing to Jags fans, but it's not.

We have quite of few of our own everyone in the media hates us/the league is out to get us tinfoil hat wearing fans here as well.

But at least we've earned the right to be conspiracy theorists.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1zrchkwd said:
But my fear is Tennessee is treating this like the Bucs treated their game against us last year. "We finally have an elite team coming into our house for us to prove we're faster and nastier than they are."

Par for the course. Every team on our schedule will be foaming at the mouth to beat us.

Same thing happens to every NFL contender.

NJlargent

Reaction score
They should be confident. We are regressing and they are improving. We are easy to prepare for because we don't adjust