Hurry Up / No Huddle Offense

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Ever since Russ arrived in 2012, we've seen end of half (1st and 2nd) heroics and the ability to march the ball down the field in the Hurry-up almost at will. Have we ever received a clear response from Pete or Darrell why the Hawks don't employ this tactic full-time over the course of a game or for extended periods over a season? Is it really just because Pete wants to control the clock and pound the ball? At some point you'd have to look at what you've got an the success you've had and adjust your game plane, right?

For a coach that preaches getting the best out of his players and putting them in positions that accentuate their skills/talents, why would he not at least give the hurry up a shot?

I always remember the Bills teams from the 90's that ran the hurry-up and how much trouble they gave opposing defenses. Opposing teams would have to game plan specifically for it and it drove their opponents nuts. Additionally with the versatility we have across our offense with RBs that used to be receivers and a TE who plays like a WR and a QB that could run for 1000 yards if he really wanted to, we'd be nuts to not at least try it for a game or two.

Thoughts? Am I crazy?

=====================
Apologies if this has already been beat to death or brought up in another thread. I've been away from .NET for a while.

Cheers

***Update - I see this has kind of come up in a way in some other threads. MODS: feel free to close if you think it's redundant.