The Seahawks are big time #ESPN #StephenA

sdog1981

Reaction score
Look at that, our local boys are now so big time that they are now targeted by the wind-up anger puppet Stephen A Smith. There was a time that if the Seahawks offense sucked no one would know about it. But now this team is relevant and talked about. A show based on the east coast that targets an east coast audience feels the need to call out the Seattle Seahawks.

Here is the clip

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20775396

These are Halcyon days my fellow 12's enjoy them.

HawkerD

Reaction score
GO ahead and not like the guy for whatever reason you want but dude is exactly on point. This forum has woken up to it as well as most of the local media. Can't really deny it unless you are of the homer variety.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkerD":3bx5w5zx said:
GO ahead and not like the guy for whatever reason you want but dude is exactly on point. This forum has woken up to it as well as most of the local media. Can't really deny it unless you are of the homer variety.

Yep.

Funny that we've all been yelling for two weeks about our terrible offense, but as soon as Stephen A. calls us out, it's "OMG he's an idiot I hate that guy!"

He's right, our offense is pathetic. How could you argue otherwise?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The offense has been pathetic for some time.
Cannot just blame DB either as there is plenty of blame to go around.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2mpivfoi said:
HawkerD":2mpivfoi said:

Yep.

Funny that we've all been yelling for two weeks about our terrible offense, but as soon as Stephen A. calls us out, it's "OMG he's an idiot I hate that guy!"

He's right, our offense is pathetic. How could you argue otherwise?

Just to be clear...

He's calling out a group that has been struggling for two years...

"Hey... that sun is hot!! Comes out every day too!!"

"Ya know.. Si is right. But cloud homers will say he's an idiot."

Seriously. Can't the board beat itself up enough without needing Stephen A Smith as the ring announcer?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2smcms3b said:
Seriously. Can't the board beat itself up enough without needing Stephen A Smith as the ring announcer?

That's his job, what do you want him to talk about?

His job is to get clicks, and obviously it worked cause here were are talking about it.

Maybe as a forum fanbase, we should stop being so thin skinned about the national media saying negative things about our team. I just agreed with the irony.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
The offense has had issues for some time, but welcome to the modern NFL. There's no such thing as a complete team anymore. Some teams have great offenses, some great defenses. Some defenses are good up front and soft underneath. Kansas City tore up New England by torching their secondary because New England, as impressive a team as they are year upon year, has a bad secondary.

The one chink in our armour - and it's a major one that no one is doubting - is our offensive line. QB is good. RB is good. WRs good. TEs good. Defense exceptional at every level. Just a bad OL.

But we *can't have everything*. If that's where we have elected to have our weakness, then that's where it is and we need to work at mitigating it as much as possible, but mainly we need to accept that's where our weakness is and get on with it.

This forum is nothing but thread after thread about our OL deficiencies, as if someone suddenly discovered it. We as a fan base are better than this, and we as grown ups are hopefully better than children who think they should have everything just because they exist.

We can't have everything. We know this. We know that what we don't have is an OL. What is the use of constantly harping on it? The horse is well dead.

We should have one "OL sucks" thread that is pinned so that all these "new" threads can be combined with that one and the rest of us who *understand the way the NFL works in the cap era* can get on with how the other parts of the team cope with our known weakness.

StoneCold

Reaction score
HawkerD":3t6714xl said:

I won't deny the offense has looked anemic. But this is such a "What have you done for me lately" way of looking at the early season. If we reel off 3 wins and the O starts to click (the way it would have looked with fewer dropped passes) This narrative will have no meaning. If it continues for the whole season, then you can run with this as far as you want.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
"Who's this guy Britt at center?" The one position that is actually good.

:snack:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not sure bout you guys, but I consider this a positive.

This team thrives on negative national media coverage, I want more talking heads crapping on the Hawks. Bring it on, the more the merrier.

Maybe that's the problem, we're not a good front runner. We play much better as the slighted underdog no one respects. It's why Sherman makes a big deal out of the most innocuous of statements from the media.

razor150

Reaction score
Where is what he said either wrong or uncalled for? Only thing you could maybe argue with him about is how we've spent too much draft capital to have a line this bad. But really, who here wouldn't rather have Okung, Carpenter, Sweazy and Giocomini than the clowns we have in there now? Some might even include Unger over Britt. At some point this team has to prioritize talent, proven ability, and experience on our o-line, and maybe that would mean keeping guys like Okung or Carpenter and give them more money than we would care to do. Especially when we have no clear successor or path to an upgrade or side move, as was the case with almost every player we've let walk.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Like him or hate him, I think he does pretty good on occassion because he calls out players when they screw up.

When he went off on players abusing their wives, that should have been given National Play. It was legit.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Stephen A is speaking to the remaining 300+ millions in America who don't follow the Seahawks daily like you and I do. Because we already know what he just said: "Our offense is anemic". What's wrong with what he said? He calls out Pete (which most of us have done) for his lack of action in trying to fix this pathetic offense.
Pete needs to be BOLD this year in trying to fix this mess. Tired of watching him using patch work to address this.