In season moves

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
JS/PC have shown in the past that they are not afraid to make big moves in season. In 2010 they traded for Marshawn Lynch. Not a lot was given up for him, but it was a big move. A few years ago Percy Harvin was dumped in season, in what was a huge move.
This season feels like it's ripe for another big in season move. Whether it's ridding the team of a big name player or 2 or acquiring a big name. Who or what will it be? It feels inevitable.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I think the Richardson acquisition was as big a move as we'll see this season.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Yep on Richardson.

I would think Lacy is a candidate to be cut the way they have with other free agents but I just don't see it. Too much injury risk at the position and not enough upside to cutting him.

I would put Graham as a possible too but just really don't see it happening, though if a Kansas City loses their TE to an injury or something like that I could see it happen.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":ehsr8bv5 said:
Yep on Richardson.

I would think Lacy is a candidate to be cut the way they have with other free agents but I just don't see it. Too much injury risk at the position and not enough upside to cutting him.

I would put Graham as a possible too but just really don't see it happening, though if a Kansas City loses their TE to an injury or something like that I could see it happen.

Cutting Lacy would be a waste unless we get really desperate at another position. We've already put a lot of cash guaranteed into this season for him. I could see a trade if another team gets into a rough situation with RB though, but I doubt anyone would want to take on a guy with his contract who was a healthy scratch.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Agree that Richardson was probably it.

Also, most teams probably know that we will more than likely let Jimmy go next year. So most will want to wait it out. Unless some team has to make a move due to major injury.

HawkGA

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2d0gr1el said:

Also, most teams probably know that we will more than likely let Jimmy go next year. So most will want to wait it out. Unless some team has to make a move due to major injury.

I agree, but that's why I could only see it if Kansas City doing it if they lose their tight end. It would have to be a team that is in contention this year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
kidhawk":3q9jsrq9 said:
HawkGA":3q9jsrq9 said:
Yep on Richardson.

Cutting Lacy would be a waste unless we get really desperate at another position. We've already put a lot of cash guaranteed into this season for him. I could see a trade if another team gets into a rough situation with RB though, but I doubt anyone would want to take on a guy with his contract who was a healthy scratch.

I agree, but I think much was gained by cutting Jamarcus last year and yet they still did it. I don't see it happening with Lacy but it's not a 0 probability event.

Reflecting on it, though, I actually see Jimmy as more likely just because I could imagine a scenario where it happens, even if they scenario is unlikely.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkGA":2ru0u8yf said:
KitsapGuy":2ru0u8yf said:

I agree, but that's why I could only see it if Kansas City doing it if they lose their tight end. It would have to be a team that is in contention this year.

The bad thing about this would be they actually could use him correctly. That precludes him going there....so it probably will happen.

ivotuk

Reaction score
If they treat Jimmy like a WR, then he would be worth what we gave up for him.

It's idiotic to trade for a guy that does so well as a WR in New Orleans, then try to change him in to something that he's not! It's like trying to make Gary Gilliam a "dirtbag" Offensive Lineman. It's just not in his DNA.

I too think Sheldon Richardson was our big trade, and I hope that they are able to re-sign him.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see someone trade for Eddie Lacy. He's a good running back, he averaged 5.1 YPC before he got hurt last year, 4.1 the year before that, and 4.6 the prior year. I believe that he is the guy that they signed, but he's not as good as Chris Carson.

He can be a 1,000 yard rusher for somebody, but we're overloaded at running back here.

I've heard some silly comments about "Why did they sign Lacy if they drafted Chris Carson?" Eddie Lacy was signed Mid-March, the draft was in April. Even then, they didn't know what they had in Chris Carson until last Sunday. There was a reason he lasted until the 7th round

Sure he did well in pre-season, but we've seen lots of pre-season heroes fail when the pads come on for real.

So I'm hoping someone gets desperate for a running back, and comes to John Schneider for help. :2thumbs:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Lacy is the obvious choice to be let go, but I don't think we should. The way our RB's seem to get hurt during the season, having Eddie would be a nice luxury when the time comes.

JGreen79

Reaction score
HawkGA":2xi9x1iz said:
KitsapGuy":2xi9x1iz said:

Or New England. Although his cap hit may be to high. I could see them taking him if Gronk goes down again before the deadline.

Latest posts