• Top10

Votes: 28 19.6%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
I voted top 3 but with his legs it's possible best in the league

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Best Seahawks QB ever but he's not a top 5 QB.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Russell played poorly last week outside of the realm of poor o line play, they aren't inclusive.

RussB

Reaction score
They will probably make a 30 for 30 someday about how russell wilson got david carr sydrome and never lived up to his full potential.

sdog1981

Reaction score
RussB":ajovrvhn said:
They will probably make a 30 for 30 someday about how russell wilson got david carr sydrome and never lived up to his full potential.

The story will be about the Seahawks as the NFL's new bully getting punched in the mouth twice in the 2015 NFL playoffs and were never the same. They were fresh they were young no one could beat them they would beat other teams up and then the NFC title game leaving Wilson crying during the post game interview followed by the interaction in the Super Bowl leaving the fans crying during the post game.

adeltaY

Reaction score
He can be the best. Unlikely, but it's possible. See second half of 2015. Unfortunately, we might never give him a legitimate shot to be the best.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I see his ceiling as being #2, behind Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers is simply the most gifted and accurate QB I've ever seen in my life

But also put it this way. Russel is surrounded by the lowest paid offense in the league. No other team spends as little on offense. So really, it's kind of amazing what Russell has been able to pull off, even if it doesn't always seem like much

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Top 5 is the ceiling, which isn't something to scoff at.

He's not the QB to lead some super duper passing attack to the tune of 60-70% pass playcalling though (Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc.).

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
As long as he didn't give the ball to Marshawn, he can't ever be #1....at least not in the eyes of the world.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
He struggles mightily in the red zone, which is not all on him, but a combination of the offensive line, play calling and Pete's no turnover philosophy.

You can't be a top 5 QB and be bad in the red zone. He struggles with the fade and fitting balls into tight windows. With a good OL I'm sure it would improve, but Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers etc are just so damn efficient in the RZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2i9dhefc said:
Russell played poorly last week outside of the realm of poor o line play, they aren't inclusive.

I mostly agree with this, it's not all on the O-line.

Russell takes sacks he shouldn't, holds onto the ball too long and threw high 3-4 times last weekend. Now how much of that is PTSD from the O-line? Only Russell knows that, but it has to factor into Russell's occasional happy feet and seeing ghosts when they're not there.

But to answer the question, I already think Russell's a top 10 QB. Behind a good line? I think he's easily top 5, because all the things I mentioned above would slowly go away.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Probably Top 5. He's too inconsistent a passer on middle of the field throws to have him at the top, but would be really short sighted to not think even that part of his game could improve and develop if he didn't have to panic in about "1 Mississippi" after the snap.

My biggest fear with Russ is that he's starting to see a pass rush that isn't there. He's getting the David Carr yips, and once that happens, VERY hard to go back on that.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2rrb35f4 said:

I recall all episode of the show "Top Chef" where the contestants were given a basket of sea cucumbers, periwinkles, kelp, and a sea otters bladder to cook. The Chefs worked pretty damn hard only to have the judges criticize them over their awful results. I wonder if you were one of those judges.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Top 5. As long as Brady continues to lace them up he'll be the greatest to ever take the field. Then comes Rodgers. Rest are debatable. Matt Ryan doesn't get the respect but he's a better performing QB than Russell currently.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Top 10. Even with a solid pocket, he struggles with high throws. This us especially evident early in games.

His inability to get Graham involved more often is on him. Russell is an elite playmaker, and a hell of a lot of fun to watch. But if he's throwing for 35+ times in a game, it's highly likely that game results in a loss. He's not an elite passer. Period.

Ozzy

Reaction score
vin.couve12":ys5gfhzo said:
Top 5 is the ceiling, which isn't something to scoff at.

He's not the QB to lead some super duper passing attack to the tune of 60-70% pass playcalling though (Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc.).

He's already performed at that level so I have a hard time understanding how that's his ceiling unless you don't think he can get better. Based on DVOA, passer rating, 2nd half of 2015 and statistically even behind a terrible line since joining the league he's been borderline top 5 by most advanced stats and metrics.