A bit of good & a whole lot of bad...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
D wilted (again) in the 2nd half. We used to do that to other teams not so long ago when the league feared us. They don't fear us anymore. Older legs and bigger egos does not a full-time dominant defense make.

RW had a few brain farts but he also had moments of sheer brilliance. He never ever gives up. I don't feel the same for the rest of the team.

Carson continues to show himself to be a very capable back with good hands as well. And he's doing this with a shaky O-line that often doesn't give him much room to run.

Jimmy G had a nice comeback game. Seems he does best when we are up tempo and RW is overthinking out there. Dropped a gimme pass early on. Weird. He never did that before.

O-Line had moments where they held and too many times where the pocket collapsed in about second. This learn on the job routine is way old. No need to repeat what so many in here have already said regarding that situation.

That penalty at the end? Kind of sums up Seattle football for the last few seasons doesn't it?

We are being outplayed & outcoached too many times to call ourselves an elite team. We are a barely better than .500 at this point. Some in here not so long ago thought this game was a gimme. There are no gimmes with this Seahawk team. None. We aren't good enough to think in those terms. Any team can beat us at any time.

Sad.

We are a long ways off from our heyday. The team is looking older, bitchier, and more unfocused than I can recall it being in quite some time.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
semiahmoo":37zppzhs said:
We are a long ways off from our heyday. The team is looking older, bitchier, and more unfocused than I can recall it being in quite some time.

Yup, we look "entitled" and not like the young, angry punks who turned the NFL on its ear just a few years ago.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Reaneypark":fc9ov2i0 said:
semiahmoo":fc9ov2i0 said:

Yup, we look "entitled" and not like the young, angry punks who turned the NFL on its ear just a few years ago.

Agreed. The "it" factor is no longer there with our guys.

When Bennett was doing his tantrum thing at the end of the game I shut it off. Can't stand to see that crap. Big crybaby.

He got whooped today - they all did. That O-Line pushed our D around like dolls. They were owned.

I never thought that would happen with this crew but time marches on and they have a lot of tough accumulated playing miles on them. Seems for our defense these days 30 is the new 40...

Scorpion05

Reaction score
That ALMOST Paul Richardson Td pass was big. Richardson hangs on to that and we might have had an ending similar to our game against the Steelers 2 years back

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3cgwnc8n said:
Reaneypark":3cgwnc8n said:
semiahmoo":3cgwnc8n said:

Agreed. The "it" factor is no longer there with our guys.

When Bennett was doing his tantrum thing at the end of the game I shut it off. Can't stand to see that crap. Big crybaby.

He got whooped today - they all did. That O-Line pushed our D around like dolls. They were owned.

I never thought that would happen with this crew but time marches on and they have a lot of tough accumulated playing miles on them. Seems for our defense these days 30 is the new 40...

...And only babies throw tantrums, so...

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3kxnyvze said:
That ALMOST Paul Richardson Td pass was big. Richardson hangs on to that and we might have had an ending similar to our game against the Steelers 2 years back

Doesn't negate the fact our D was throttled by a better offense.

Absolutely dominated/manhandled/pummeled.

Bennett looked like an ass out there. He knew he was getting whooped on and all he could do was whine and cry about it. As someone else in here said , he's finding it tougher and tougher to back up his mouth.

They all are.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This team has resiliency. There were a lot of positives to come out of this game. Graham finally got integrated in the offense (unfortunate that he became integral after Baldwin went out). Carson has some good runs. CJ Prosise with a great catch. Just make CJ a fulltime WR. Lots of good things to take from this game. Titans are a playoff team. I'd be very surprised if they aren't in the playoffs this year. They have a solid OL and the Seahawks D had them shut down for most of the 1st half. Just too many penalties. They need to clean that up. Next week it's the Colts. Much easier team to win plus it's SNF game.

IrishNW

Reaction score
The fall of Troy

its eerie how similar this is.

or whatever that documentary was called

davidonmi

Reaction score
we can't block a 3 man rush. hell Tennessee was getting pressure with 2. just go back to the 4th quarter. it was an embarrassment

HawaiiD

Reaction score
So many mis blocking reads on the o-line again in pass protection. Can some other NFL team please, please offer Tom Cable a head coaching job? That probably is the only way we will get rid of him any time soon.

Can we go a freaking game without a stupid offsides penalty?
Although, I don't blame the defense for wilting in that heat giving up 33 points will not win many games in the NFL.
Is it me or does RW although he looks in better shape still looks alot slower compared to 2012-14?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
3/4 in the redzone for Wilson. That's really encouraging especially since people were bagging on him about this issue. I have more faith in giving Wilson the free range in the 1st half. It seems like those scripted plays are not working and we are heavily relying on Wilson to create magic on every turn.

Also Wilson had both ankles bandage in the game, that's something to look out for.

I think we need someone to compete against Ifedi.

I've said it awhile back not to extend the contracts of our defense because they would be older and the injuries that piled up in their careers would limit them to what they use to be. Instead those money should be put towards an Oline that can create holes and open up the pass plays. You only need a top 16 defense to get to the playoffs and close to winning a SB if you have a top 5 Offense, Brady has done it for years.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":95eb1lpt said:
3/4 in the redzone for Wilson. That's really encouraging especially since people were bagging on him about this issue. I have more faith in giving Wilson the free range in the 1st half. It seems like those scripted plays are not working and we are heavily relying on Wilson to create magic on every turn.

Also Wilson had both ankles bandage in the game, that's something to look out for.

I've said it awhile back not to extend the contracts of our defense because they would be older and the injuries that piled up in their careers would limit them to what they use to be. Instead those money should be put towards an Oline that can create holes and open up the pass plays. You only need a top 16 defense to get to the playoffs and close to winning a SB if you have a top 5 Offense, Brady has done it for years.

Excellent point. The redzone offense was much improved. That was good to see.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1f6pbaqu said:

One of the wisest things said by anyone in here for some time.

Back in the day the Seahawks offense was run through Beast. RW was a supporting character. Beast also fed the entire vibe of the team - unique personalities with chips on their shoulders. They played to prove something and were feared by other teams for it.

Then "The Play" and the fork in the road. For those few seconds we decided to be something else - something we weren't.

Russel Wilson's team.

It's been a slow but consistent decline ever since.

red17hawk

Reaction score
Semiahmoo: you've been talking about upcoming changes next offseason. Is this something you know, or just an educated guess or just pure speculation?

nanomoz

Reaction score
Agree except about Wilson. Wilson was horrid until the 2-minute drive in the 1st half. And garbage again for half of the 3rd quarter.

Seymour

Reaction score
If the D is going to continue this sudden collapse syndrome, it will unravel the team. The second the offense begins to generate points, the D collapses. We've seen this game before, and it is sad and ugly to watch. And please for the love of all good, get Ifedi off the field and into some shock therapy or something.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
IF we kept WRs with great hands, we wouldn't have as many drops.

At some point, you have to acknowledge we have WRs on the roster (Baldwin not included and likely not Lockett as well) that are going to drop passes. Sometimes during important parts of the game.

There are no IFs because you need to account for the possible drops.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2za9bevc said:
Scorpion05":2za9bevc said:

Its always "IF's" with this team.

Yup - for the last few seasons actually but def. as bad as it's ever been this season.