Fox NFL crew - Tells it like it is.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
"What was the identity of their Superbowl teams? Run the football and play defense. They've gone away from it."

"Throwing tje football 49 times is not what you want out of Russell Wilson. You want to run the football and let Russell Wilson make plays with his legs and extend drives and keep that defense off the field."

"That defense is wearing down in the 2nd halves due to being on the field so much."

Now, we obviously had to pass the ball a lot since the mid 3rd, but up until then we were still passing the ball too much. The belief of Russell Wilson, however, has changed this team and not for the better. WILSON IS NOT THE SEAHAWKS. Wilson's needing to prove this or that shouldn't cost the team their winning identity, but it very clearly has.

We are no longer those Seahawks. We are now Russell Wilson's Seahawks. Congrats! You got your wish. We can win the next 11 games and make the playoffs, but we will win no more superbowl games as a passing, all about RW offense.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
That's because Lynch was our offence...everyone else just climbed on his back. We have not replaced that here

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We do not have a good enough RB or other personnel to be a run first team.

And when we were a run first team, we were read option. Not sure where that went.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I'm confused what your point is? Are you blaming Wilson for a lack of a run game?
Do you want to get rid of Wilson for someone else?
What's your point?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I think this analysis is lazy and false

I get the gist of it...we were a power running team blah blah blah. But much has changed since then, including some members on defense.

And I completely disagree. Russell Wilson is the IT player on that offense. The Seahawks need to stop being confused and establish once and for all this is Russell's team. Invest in him and the O-line, similar to what the Seahawks did with Big Ben. With a good O-line around Wilson we're 3-0 easily. He IS the key, and we need to stop deluding ourselves into thinking someone will replace the mystique of Lynch

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
vin.couve12":ubjd3wpy said:
"What was the identity of their Superbowl teams? Run the football and play defense. They've gone away from it."

"Throwing tje football 49 times is not what you want out of Russell Wilson. You want to run the football and let Russell Wilson make plays with his legs and extend drives and keep that defense off the field."

"That defense is wearing down in the 2nd halves due to being on the field so much."

Now, we obviously had to pass the ball a lot since the mid 3rd, but up until then we were still passing the ball too much. The belief of Russell Wilson, however, has changed this team and not for the better. WILSON IS NOT THE SEAHAWKS. Wilson's needing to prove this or that shouldn't cost the team their winning identity, but it very clearly has.

We are no longer those Seahawks. We are now Russell Wilson's Seahawks. Congrats! You got your wish.
A bit harsh I’d say. You can’t keep running the ball for 0, 1, or 2, yard gains and keep the Defense off the field. This game was lost on penalties and an opponent that was more physical and more focused.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
vin.couve12":y9kqf6tj said:

We are no longer those Seahawks. We are now Russell Wilson's Seahawks. Congrats! You got your wish.

Well, I've been critical of Wilson on many points but never his heart. The guy wants to win but I agree w/you 100% in that Wilson does not have the capacity to carry a team week to week to a Super Bowl. He never has. Moments of brilliance, yes. Perhaps even stretches of it. But he is not and will likely never be a true "franchise" QB.

I know that ticks some people off in here for me to say it but until I'm proven wrong I will continue to do so.

The elite version of the PC Seahawks was a Beastmode. RW was the beneficiary of that time. It made him appear better than he actually was. WIthout Beast RW's weaknesses have been more fully exposed.

And so too has our Defense. Beast along with Wilson, kept opposing defenses on the field longer. This allowed our D to come in fresh and pummel opposing teams offenses.

We don't do that anymore and our D is older/more tired/banged up/bitchy/whiny etc and RW is at times looking more and more uncertain out there.

He is a great talent and perhaps the hardest working QB in the league - but he will never be at the level of a Tom Brady or even a year in year out Top 5 QB over his career.

Perhaps a change of coaching scenery might change all that. We won't know that until next season after those coaching changes take place.

(Yes, that's a promise.)

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2a9zsrxn said:
I'm confused what your point is? Are you blaming Wilson for a lack of a run game?
What's your point?
It's very clear what my point is and you're very clearly a believer of Russell Wilson's greatness. Otherwise you wouldn't ask butt hurt questions like that.

Try being Seahawks centric and not Russell Wilson centric. You'll see better without those cataracts.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3qnywwgh said:
vin.couve12":3qnywwgh said:

A bit harsh I’d say. You can’t keep running the ball for 0, 1, or 2, yard gains and keep the Defense off the field. This game was lost on penalties and an opponent that was more physical and more focused.
That's not quite what was happening, but yes you can. We used to bang until it broke and that's exactly what the Titans just did.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
He is literally already a franchise QB and every metric proves it. As great as Lynch was the Hawks don't make either SB without the play of Russ...truth

Natethegreat

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3ne0t5b9 said:
Natethegreat":3ne0t5b9 said:
What's your point?
It's very clear what my point is and you're very clearly a believer of Russell Wilson's greatness. Otherwise you wouldn't ask butt hurt questions like that.

Try being Seahawks centric and not Russell Wilson centric. You'll see better without those cataracts.
What is your solution then? The o line is not opening holes in the run game.
You want to go three and out every time?
Are you blaming Wilson for our lack of run game?
Do you want to get rid of Wilson and believe this will solve our run game problems?

The moves they made in the off season was to reestablish a run game so do you blame Russel for the lack of results so far?
I'm honestly trying to figure out where you are going with this and what you want them to do.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":11uhroq6 said:
He is literally already a franchise QB and every metric proves it. As great as Lynch was the Hawks don't make either SB without the play of Russ...truth

Come on man! you know that does not fall in line with those that believe Shawn was the Seahawks savoir all by himself.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":3f72abie said:
Sure. Russell Wilson needs to be a PART of the offense. Not the focal point. We'll never see another Lombardi with RW being the focal point.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Wilson was also 500-900 yards of the rush offense. Don't even run the Read Optioin anymore. Lynch AND Wilson kept the D off balance not being able to key on either.

It's a head scratcher. Mariota threat of actually keeping the ball made the Seahawk D honor him.

Defenses playing the Hawks aren't honoring anything. Nothing is scary.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":26w1rs8b said:
vin.couve12":26w1rs8b said:
Natethegreat":26w1rs8b said:
What's your point?

What is your solution then? The o line is not opening holes in the run game.
You want to go three and out every time?
Are you blaming Wilson for our lack of run game?
Do you want to get rid of Wilson and believe this will solve our run game problems?

The moves they made in the off season was to reestablish a run game so do you blame Russel for the lack of results so far?
I'm honestly trying to figure out where you are going with this and what you want them to do.

He has always wanted Wilson gone. Same story new year. Same poster

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":26i6npib said:
Flyingsquad23":26i6npib said:
Sure. Russell Wilson needs to be a PART of the offense. Not the focal point. We'll never see another Lombardi with RW being the focal point.

Opinion and that is all. We win it all this year with Russell being the most major part on offense. How do you know that is not true. Opinion Dude

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There was a belief that this team needed to make a transition from a team that was lead by Lynch and the Defense, to a team that was led by Wilson.

At some point, the coaches bought into that too.

Some of the Seahawks were tired of Lynch's 'antics' but ultimately enough was leaking out about there being a Lynch faction and Wilson faction (which I think the staff was pushing) that ultimately either Lynch left or was pushed out.

A lot of the Seahawk fans and staff were excited to see what happened once it was 'Wilson's team' but I think they figured out that Wilson can help a team tremendously, but he cannot carry a team. He will never be Aaron Rodgers-ish, more like McNabb instead of Young. And I think they finally realized this, hence the Richardson trade.

(Can you imagine how god awful this team would be WITHOUT Richardson this year? Yikes)

Wilson isn't the answer but he is what we got. So maybe we have to figure out how to win with what we got.

I will mention that the Bengals fired their OC and suddenly started scoring. Maybe we need to start figuring out how to bring in an OC that does more with less instead of focusing on what we don't have on offense, forcing square pegs into round holes and sticking with our OC that less with less. Maybe under another OC, Wilson might do much better?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Wilson had to try and carry the team again today, like he has in his numerous 4th qtr comebacks in his career.

Problem is a dog poop offensive line is killing him.

Did you see the stat? Mariota was pressured twice by a supposedly great dline. RW was hit, harrassed and body slammed all game long.

Give me RW behind a decent oline any day of the week.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
At the same time, let's be fair here. An extreme few QB's have ever been "the answer." There's been a fallacy about the QB position for decades now. No QB wins the big one without a running game.

We need 50/50 again.