Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

We Will At Least Win Our Next 5 Games

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I'll add to my previous post that I certainly think we COULD win the next 5. Actually, we can beat just about any team when we're on. But this team isn't inspiring a lot of confidence right now. The only thing that gives me hope is that we are notoriously known for slow starts to the season. Then we catch a little fire. November and December is our safe haven, we just need to have a decent record by then
    Scorpion05
    NET Starter

• And people actually thought we would go 2-3, or 1-4 following the Titans loss. It's all about the schedule. We could run off 11 in a row. Likely not, but the schedule is favorable. I think it is reasonable we go 12-4. On the road against Dallas and Jacksonville won't be easy.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:Good lord there are delusional people on this board.

No chance to beat Rams (we have lost last 3 road games vs them) or Giants. We might not even beat the Colts, who have a mobile QB. Houston will be tough as well.

We are paying the price for not doing enough on the line.

Your plate of crow is waiting for you.

A lot of crow for a lot of posters in here to eat. 5-0 looks very realistic. Giants are the worst team in the league and just lost all three of their wideouts. I don't see us losing at the CLink to Washington or Houston. If you do think we lose, tell me our record at the Clink in the RW era.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Well, the Giants can't run the ball, and are out of receivers.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:Good lord there are delusional people on this board.

No chance to beat Rams (we have lost last 3 road games vs them) or Giants. We might not even beat the Colts, who have a mobile QB. Houston will be tough as well.

A lot of crow for a lot of posters in here to eat. 5-0 looks very realistic. Giants are the worst team in the league and just lost all three of their wideouts. I don't see us losing at the CLink to Washington or Houston. If you do think we lose, tell me our record at the Clink in the RW era.

It tastes good lol.

We got lucky today, in all fairness. 5 turnovers, great field position, a terrible Russ pick ... and we STILL needed a lucky pass that should have been caught to win. Defense was solid, offense is still weak sauce.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

• Good ass win today, statement win. What this team needed, and what i think some of us needed to see.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:Good lord there are delusional people on this board.

It tastes good lol.

We got lucky today, in all fairness. 5 turnovers, great field position, a terrible Russ pick ... and we STILL needed a lucky pass that should have been caught to win. Defense was solid, offense is still weak sauce.

Offense wasnt the greatest show on turf. But they honestly did better than i thought they would against the rams.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Huge win going in to the bye. There is no NEW Sheriff in town.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Three in a row
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Three in a row

If we win our next two, I'll ask you to predict our total outcome for the season.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:If we win the next 5 I will send you 10 dollars via paypal.

Realistically I think we go 3-2 with both losses on the road.

NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Three in a row

If we win our next two, I'll ask you to predict our total outcome for the season.

Once I get your $10 I'll give you our predicted season record.

To be honest, it was pretty obvious we were going to go on a run. We were suppose to lose in GB and Tennessee. Every game we play at home we will be favored, and likely all our road games we will be favored with the exception to the Cowboys. This team could easily win 10 in a row. The NFL is all about schedule. I know people will be worried about the Eagles, but a second year QB isn't coming into the CLink and beating us. Eagles are like the Chiefs of the AFC, they are good but I don't see them being a serious contender for the Super Bowl.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:To be honest, it was pretty obvious we were going to go on a run.

It really wasn't.

Hawk-Lock wrote:I know people will be worried about the Eagles, but a second year QB isn't coming into the CLink and beating us. Eagles are like the Chiefs of the AFC, they are good but I don't see them being a serious contender for the Super Bowl.

Perhaps you haven't watched Carson Wentz play yet. He's the real deal and will win a Super Bowl at one point in his career, I'm pretty sure. Terrific play-calling behind him.

Like you, I've got the Eagles game posted as a win for us largely due to home-field advantage, but it'll give us fits nonetheless.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Way to stick to your guns. One thing this team always does, is it starts out slow at the beginning of the year, and picks up as it goes along.

I have confidence in this team, and the O-Line will keep improving, all we need now is for Rawls to get some more carries so that he can get in a groove. Right now he's pressing too hard.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• It starts out slow at the end of the year also. 20 games is now our new NFL record for games without an opening TD drive.
    Obviously that record goes well into and past late last year.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Re: We Will At Least Win Our Next 5 Games
Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:52 pm
  • 3-0 with two home games coming up. Not bad sir.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:To be honest, it was pretty obvious we were going to go on a run.

It really wasn't.

Hawk-Lock wrote:I know people will be worried about the Eagles, but a second year QB isn't coming into the CLink and beating us. Eagles are like the Chiefs of the AFC, they are good but I don't see them being a serious contender for the Super Bowl.

Perhaps you haven't watched Carson Wentz play yet. He's the real deal and will win a Super Bowl at one point in his career, I'm pretty sure. Terrific play-calling behind him.

Like you, I've got the Eagles game posted as a win for us largely due to home-field advantage, but it'll give us fits nonetheless.

It's not a for sure win. And that's for sure.

Schedule doesn't look easy, but other than Philly there are no real dominant teams on the slate. Philly is just that solid all the way around and has a good DL to screw with our offense.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:To be honest, it was pretty obvious we were going to go on a run.

It really wasn't.

It's not a for sure win. And that's for sure.

Schedule doesn't look easy, but other than Philly there are no real dominant teams on the slate. Philly is just that solid all the way around and has a good DL to screw with our offense.

We lucked out with the Philly game, it's in our house and in prime time. This really bodes well for us. Any other circumstance and I might say Eagles for sure, but not in our house in prime time

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• You got lucky though. We should have lost to the Rams. Thankfully Kupp had butterfingers.
    Vpk0718
    NET Starter

• oh brother, we didn't get Lucky. Rams got plenty of lucky breaks in that game, Hawks blew a LOT of opportunities. 5 turnovers and could have easily rolled up a lot more points. :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:oh brother, we didn't get Lucky. Rams got plenty of lucky breaks in that game, Hawks blew a LOT of opportunities. 5 turnovers and could have easily rolled up a lot more points. :roll:

Kupp literally dropped the game winning touchdown, if thats not the definition of "luck" I don't know what is?

It's ok to admit we got lucky. Every championship team has luck on its side.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• 60 minute game. BOTH teams had their share of luck. He didn't make the play, too bad.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• That was a really difficult catch. It's a bigger deal that he was open, but Goff threw it too far and high in front of a rookie. Somehow it has turned into a legendary drop.

Hasselbeck is right. You don't win a Super Bowl without a lot of luck on top of being good.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• Four in a row.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Four in a row.

Hell of a prediction. I'm ready for your 10 in a row prediction to come true as well.
    F-16 Viper Driver
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• austinslater25 wrote:This will be fun to revisit when the Seahawks are 6-2.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just one more week.

Props to you, I just went through this entire thread and I think you were the only believer. A couple other posters said it's possible but not likely.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Strong!
    "God loves football, and He is particularly fond of the Seahawks!" :D :mrgreen:
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:This is the NFL, it's all about the schedule. Before the season started, I think most people envisioned a 1-2 start. We will likely be a favorite in every game the rest of the season with an exception to the Cowboys game on the road and possibly the Cardinals game in Arizona. We should still finish with at least 11 wins.

We will beat the Colts next week. They're arguably the worst team in the league without Luck.

We will beat the Rams on the road. I'm not buying their fast start, they've played three bottom 10 teams.

We will beat the Giants on the road. This one won't be easy, but the different will be RW's legs. Eli can't quite move like our QB.

We will beat the Texans at home. Watson looks impressive, but a rookie QB isn't coming into the CLink and beating us.

We will beat the Redskins at home. I think we should beat them easily, they are a finesse passing team.

If we can get past Atlanta, it would not shock me if we can pull off 10 in a row. The schedule really softens up.

This league is all about the schedule.

Great call so far. The Rams was the really gutsy one. We used to always have problems there, but I don't know it that still applies, now they're the Hollywood Rams.
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• falcongoggles wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Four in a row.

Hell of a prediction. I'm ready for your 10 in a row prediction to come true as well.

YEah for real--make more predictions. :)
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• I'll be traveling from Canada & will be at the Washington game next weekend & the Arizona game the following Thursday so I'm hoping for at least a 6 game winning streak.

After the offense finally coming to life, other than the 2nd half against Indy which I was coincidentally also at, for this Houston game I can see us being a serious contender.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Bench Warmer

• The phrophecy is coming true lol dam it I like it
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

• Geez reading those September negative remarks was cringeworthy.

Anyone who has watched the NFL for a few years, and better yet the Seahawks under Carroll, should know better than to overreact after losses, especially early season ones.

Some veteran, rational posters now look foolish with their 0-5, 1-4 type predictions. Glad this got bumped.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• Yep, the negative doom and gloom crowd will have to wait even longer to be "right"
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Hawkpower wrote:Geez reading those September negative remarks was cringeworthy.

Anyone who has watched the NFL for a few years, and better yet the Seahawks under Carroll, should know better than to overreact after losses, especially early season ones.

Some veteran, rational posters now look foolish with their 0-5, 1-4 type predictions. Glad this got bumped.

LOL, back off there, young whippersnapper. Nobody's required to be optimistic to earn their membership here.

As far as the season, heck, I predicted a Super Bowl win, but we're winning all the games I thought we'd lose and losing the games I thought we'd win. Shows what I know.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• One person said thanks for the laugh. How'd that work out? OP will be 100 percent correct when the Hawks beat the Redskins on Sunday. Another person will be sending you 10 bucks when you are correct on your prediction. :irishdrinkers:

Here's my favorite quote from the thread:

Good lord there are delusional people on this board.

SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Gotta be some people feeling pretty crunchy...

Great call OP!

:irishdrinkers:
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:This is the NFL, it's all about the schedule. Before the season started, I think most people envisioned a 1-2 start. We will likely be a favorite in every game the rest of the season with an exception to the Cowboys game on the road and possibly the Cardinals game in Arizona. We should still finish with at least 11 wins.

We will beat the Colts next week. They're arguably the worst team in the league without Luck. :2thumbs:

We will beat the Rams on the road. I'm not buying their fast start, they've played three bottom 10 teams. :2thumbs:

We will beat the Giants on the road. This one won't be easy, but the different will be RW's legs. Eli can't quite move like our QB. :2thumbs:

We will beat the Texans at home. Watson looks impressive, but a rookie QB isn't coming into the CLink and beating us. :2thumbs:

We will beat the Redskins at home. I think we should beat them easily, they are a finesse passing team.

If we can get past Atlanta, it would not shock me if we can pull off 10 in a row. The schedule really softens up.

Hawk-Lock, I like the way this is going! :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:49 pm
  • Shoot, if we can take out the Skins and nothing crazy happens in AZ, I don't see why we shouldn't be at 7-2 heading into that ATL matchup on MNF! Props for keeping faith Hawk-Lock!
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:19 am
  • Nothing is a given in the NFL. Just like the movie "Any Given Sunday" teams that are underdogs might really surprise a good team if caught unprepared and having no consistent sense of urgency for every game.

Having said that... at least the Seahawks offense is getting better. Just needs to get better in the run game by providing better frontline blocking. That should be pretty much all a decent running back requires.

Go Hawks!
    Blindside
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:24 am
  • Blindside wrote:Nothing is a given in the NFL. Just like the movie "Any Given Sunday" teams that are underdogs might really surprise a good team if caught unprepared and having no consistent sense of urgency for every game.

Having said that... at least the Seahawks offense is getting better. Just needs to get better in the run game by providing better frontline blocking. That should be pretty much all a decent running back requires.

Go Hawks!

I'm thinking Duane Brown may help us get back to the game we prefer to play.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:00 am
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:If we win the next 5 I will send you 10 dollars via paypal.

I'm trying to decide how I want to spend your $10.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:16 am

We will beat the Colts next week. They're arguably the worst team in the league without Luck.

We will beat the Rams on the road. I'm not buying their fast start, they've played three bottom 10 teams.

We will beat the Giants on the road. This one won't be easy, but the different will be RW's legs. Eli can't quite move like our QB.

We will beat the Texans at home. Watson looks impressive, but a rookie QB isn't coming into the CLink and beating us.

Atlanta isn't the game we may lose it will be Jacksonville on the road and a 10am start. With the way the Rams and other teams are sticking around it just might take 14 wins for HFA throughout.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:If we win the next 5 I will send you 10 dollars via paypal.

Looks like someone counted their chickens before they hatched.

Was really hoping this thread would turn true, but...jinx?
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Hawk-Lock wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:If we win the next 5 I will send you 10 dollars via paypal.

I'm trying to decide how I want to spend your $10.

:2thumbs:
    907Hawk
    NET Rookie

• Came close 4-1 I'll take it

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie

• So close.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

We went 4-1, so I'll take that I guess.

Also I liked this game thread, more please.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• Hawk-Lock wrote:So close.

You have to account for the Seahawks beating themselves which could literally happen in ANY game.

Which is a coaching problem and annoying as hell.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information