Free Eddie!!!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Carson is a legit runner/receiver.

Very impressed with him so far especially working within such a weak azz offense.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3or3uy7m said:
And Lacy's .6 ypc this season will?

Sigh.

Its. The. Line.

Agreed.

I asked a general question in another thread today regarding the run blocking philosophy and strategy, and was thinking that it would be great if we tried to go to a more power run game versus zone blocking. Now, I realize this simply can't happen overnight...it's probably too late for this season. But with the players we have, I always wonder what if?

I think Carson could do great behind the spirit of a run blocking scheme. But maybe I'm full of it.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
What a joke of a thread. OP is living in a bizarro world where slow, plod horse Lacy is somehow our RB answer and future. Did you not see the 1st game with Lacy? Did you not see Carson's great game last week and awesome catch and run TD today?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Have you actually seen Eddie Lacy play running back? The dude needs 3 yards of open space to get going and he ain't getting that with Cable's Cowards.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Cyrus12":phsozdxc said:
I agree free him...as in make him a free agent...

This is most likely what will happen. He has no Special Teams value and the Seahawks aren't going to use him. Rawls is the backup.

Lacy is a waste of a roster spot at this point.

inda2o6

Reaction score
YES! Free him from his diet and make him an O-Lineman... perfect plan!! Atleast he can be mistaken for ifedi, when it comes to blocking.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Mjolnir":yj8jbp48 said:
FlyingGreg":yj8jbp48 said:

Sigh.

Its. The. Line.

Agreed.

I asked a general question in another thread today regarding the run blocking philosophy and strategy, and was thinking that it would be great if we tried to go to a more power run game versus zone blocking. Now, I realize this simply can't happen overnight...it's probably too late for this season. But with the players we have, I always wonder what if?

I think Carson could do great behind the spirit of a run blocking scheme. But maybe I'm full of it.

I think that the man blocking scheme might be easier for the linemen, but Carson is a really good fit for the ZBS. He has great vision, which he is still improving, and is a one cut runner, which is ideal for the ZBS. ZBS has the lineman moving laterally instead of forward in the power/man blocking scheme. The RB squares up to the line after the handoff and looks for the hole. If there isn't one such as when the defense overpursues, the RB cuts it back.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
adeltaY":1a5gl8bd said:
Mjolnir":1a5gl8bd said:
FlyingGreg":1a5gl8bd said:

Sigh.

Its. The. Line.

Agreed.

I think that the man blocking scheme might be easier for the linemen, but Carson is a really good fit for the ZBS. He has great vision, which he is still improving, and is a one cut runner, which is ideal for the ZBS. ZBS has the lineman moving laterally instead of forward in the power/man blocking scheme. The RB squares up to the line after the handoff and looks for the hole. If there isn't one such as when the defense overpursues, the RB cuts it back.

Seems like Rawls was doing just that in Cincy when I was at that game and thru the rest of the year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Dredging this one up again....with a new question.

Could we get something for him in a trade? Opinions are requested.

Seymour

Reaction score
I vowed to let up on the Lacy jokes since he came out and admitted a struggle.

So I will just ask. You do realize this term originated from the Free Willy the whale story correct?

sutz

Reaction score
HawkFan72":k0ycw795 said:
Cyrus12":k0ycw795 said:
I agree free him...as in make him a free agent...

This is most likely what will happen. He has no Special Teams value and the Seahawks aren't going to use him. Rawls is the backup.

Lacy is a waste of a roster spot at this point.
Might be waiting to see how durable the other backs are and keeping him as an emergency backup plan for now.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I was surprised, when watching the SF footage, how many of Carson's runs were for valuable first downs. So that mollifies my concern over his YPC a bit.

sutz

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3w13quab said:
I was surprised, when watching the SF footage, how many of Carson's runs were for valuable first downs. So that mollifies my concern over his YPC a bit.
Yeah, we actually had a few 3rd and shorts that would kind of depress his avg YPC.

Seymour

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3n5ex26y said:
3.1 ypc by Carson isn't going to get it done.

Judging a RB with a crap oline is not a great way to evaluate his talent.

Example A.

2015 Marshawn Lynch (with a better oline) 417 yards 111 att. 3.8 ave.

2017 Chris Carson 166 yards 37 att. 4.5 ave.

Is Carson 16% better than Lynch was in 2015?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. Eddie Lacy should be given away for free ASAP.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seymour":3ow2z6in said:
ImTheScientist":3ow2z6in said:
3.1 ypc by Carson isn't going to get it done.

Judging a RB with a crap oline is not a great way to evaluate his talent.

Example A.

2015 Marshawn Lynch (with a better oline) 417 yards 111 att. 3.8 ave.

2017 Chris Carson 166 yards 37 att. 4.5 ave.

Is Carson 16% better than Lynch was in 2015?

Considering Lynch was hurt all year and lost motivation playing behind our turnstile OL .... yeah I would say Carson is better than Lynch's last season with us.