We got beat by a better team in their house

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Seahawks are no longer the class of the league.

Get used to it. It happens.

This is the new normal.

When we play weak teams, we will probably wins. Better teams will probably beat us.

We don't have the horses or the coaches to consistently beat very good teams. And our defense is older and going to wear out quickly, especially with an OC that refuses to do anything unless we are behind.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":34g7eask said:

This is the new normal.

When we play weak teams, we will probably wins. Better teams will probably beat us.

We don't have the horses or the coaches to consistently beat very good teams. And our defense is older and going to wear out quickly, especially with an OC that refuses to do anything unless we are behind.

Agreed.

I warned this was happening long before this season.

Some chose not to listen and subscribe to the "all is well" mantra.

Reality has hit home and it's getting harder and harder to ignore it.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
All is not well. That's for damn sure. Being optimism does not win game. With no consistency in the running game and an aging defense, the window is closing, fast.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1lfmosqu said:
TwistedHusky":1lfmosqu said:

This is the new normal.

Agreed.

And if you keep up this kind condescension, nobody's going to care whether you were right or not. All you'll get is on people's ignore list. Which is where you're going with me. Again.

And no, you're not right. Nothing from our previous 10-win season could have given you the idea that our receivers would develop dropsies this severe, or that Russell Wilson's vertical accuracy would start suffering for three straight games, because none of that was happening back then. You guessed, and got lucky.

This team isn't fun to watch right now. The BOARD can also become less fun with frustrated fans throwing out "I told you so" posts trying to get some kind of weird Nostradamus cred. I can't control what you post, but consider all that next time you do.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Excellent post. I can tell you put a lot of thought into it.

James in PA

Reaction score
I heard Sando say yesterday that the "feeling around the league" is that the Seahawks are still a good team, but they do not travel well. I completely agree with this. A few years ago, we were decent on the road. But we've gone back to being a really poor road team. I think we're like 3-7-1 in our last several road games. In another thread, someone said we'll win our next 5 in a row. If we beat both the Rams and Giants, I'd be stunned. Sure we're better on paper than those teams, but they are still road games. It's a shame because the 12's still seem to travel well, just not the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
James in PA":2klsblbx said:
I heard Sando say yesterday that the "feeling around the league" is that the Seahawks are still a good team, but they do not travel well. I completely agree with this. A few years ago, we were decent on the road. But we've gone back to being a really poor road team. I think we're like 3-7-1 in our last several road games. In another thread, someone said we'll win our next 5 in a row. If we beat both the Rams and Giants, I'd be stunned. Sure we're better on paper than those teams, but they are still road games. It's a shame because the 12's still seem to travel well, just not the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to buy this. We beat the Patriots in their house last year. It's still tempting for me to chalk this down to early-season jitters and Russ not playing well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":9of4hdv1 said:
When we play weak teams, we will probably wins. Better teams will probably beat us at their home.

I fixed your statement.

It's very hard to beat good teams at their house, it's even hard to beat average teams at their house.

Are the Skins really that much better than the Raiders? Are the Bears better than the Steelers? How bout the Vikings without Bradford, are they better than the Bucs? Jets just beat the Dolphins at home. Are all these games indicative of who's "weak" and who's "better?"

This is what the NFL is all about for contenders............you win your home games, and then try and win 2-3 on the road, and voila, you're in the playoffs. I see some winnable road games still, just so happened we played two of our toughest road games all in September, where we stink EVERY year.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
OP: If the Seahawks play a team that is better than them, they will probably lose. If they play a team that is worse than them, they will probably win.

John Madden Football II Coverart

BigMeach

Reaction score
semiahmoo":tl9vtxjg said:
TwistedHusky":tl9vtxjg said:

This is the new normal.

Agreed.

Why wouldn't people ignore it? This is a-typical of the start of our seasons.

RW92

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1lfgfs0i said:

This is the new normal.

Could not agree with you more. If you watched last nights Monday Night Game between Dallas and the Cardinals and you watched Dallas on the defensive side and offensive side you could easily see what they have and we do not. Who on our team could match the athleticism of that young stud Demarcus Lawrence. That kid single handedly took over the game on defense. A single player game changer. They're aren't many like him in the league. And who is going to mess with that creature Tyron Smith. Add on Bryant, Butler, and T. Williams and that team will put a hurt on you when you play them. They simply have things we don't have and need to acquire in the draft, as long as John S. doesn't give away the farm to draft prospects who like to become so daring on their ATV's. Not giving up, just a realist who see's things from an honest perspective that I think few would who are honest can not deny, unless you're like Pete where the glass is always full. Just venting, because this mess were're in could get worse. Take the good with the bad. That's life.

Smellyman

Reaction score
semiahmoo":18yc2toq said:
TwistedHusky":18yc2toq said:

This is the new normal.

Agreed.

Earl Thomas is slow. His thighs are too big.

I remember that warning too.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
The hawks always start slow so I take the first six games with a grain of salt anymore
Yeah it royally sucks to lose but it's what we've been doing every
year , even when we won the SB we started out a little slow
Buck up youngin's , I remember even six or seven years ago people flippin me off and yelling seahawks suck after we'd lose a game cuz that's when I would fly my colors the most because I felt like my team needed it
So just cuz we look crappy now no need to get yer panty's in a bunch, it's not like i'd root for the other team if my kid always lost in T-ball and I'm not about to give anytime soon so just hang on or maybe some therapy
Ya never know , Ya never know

Seafan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ls88cah said:
Well, being Negative doesn't win or lose games either. Nothing wrong with believing in your team.

True that. The Hawks were 2 tackles away from winning that game. The Hawk OL is terrible right now but that wasn't why the team lost. The Hawks have never been a great road team and most of us knew this was going to be a loss.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I didn't think they were a better team but the Titans still won by 6 in their house. The Hawks were coming on strong at the end, but it was too little, too late.

Frankly the O started very slow again, that put a lot of pressure in the D early in conditions where that would be costly later in the game. The team once again was uncoordinated as a whole. The D let the O down late in the game after the O had let them down earlier. The two things were related. The Titans were better on the day but if the game had continued longer the result may well have been happier for the Hawks.

The run D was the culprit, but two missed tackles against the run were the real difference. After the long Murray run I thought there was no way, but started to believe it might just happen at the end of the game. A better onside kick at the end might have sparked a comeback that would have energized the board and quieted the negative discorse here.

I for sure thought our team could beat them and that all in all the Titans were a good team but not better than us even though they won.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RW92":e6n6auf8 said:
Could not agree with you more. If you watched last nights Monday Night Game between Dallas and the Cardinals and you watched Dallas on the defensive side and offensive side you could easily see what they have and we do not. Who on our team could match the athleticism of that young stud Demarcus Lawrence. That kid single handedly took over the game on defense. A single player game changer. They're aren't many like him in the league. And who is going to mess with that creature Tyron Smith. Add on Bryant, Butler, and T. Williams and that team will put a hurt on you when you play them. They simply have things we don't have and need to acquire in the draft, as long as John S. doesn't give away the farm to draft prospects who like to become so daring on their ATV's. Not giving up, just a realist who see's things from an honest perspective that I think few would who are honest can not deny, unless you're like Pete where the glass is always full. Just venting, because this mess were're in could get worse. Take the good with the bad. That's life.

What the? I'll give you that Dallas played great for a road game, but let's be honest, we don't know if the Cards are any good this year. They were also getting dominated most of the first half and the Cards choked it away with a missed FG. Then the Boyz adjusted and started beating up on them. Zeke had no room to run and Dak did some Russ magic rollout deep throws to get them into scoring range.

Demarcus Lawrence?? this guy's been repeatedly in trouble for substance abuse and been suspended. Let's see how Veldheer holds up against Avril and Clark before saying DLaw is better than our guys. You're talking about the guy like he's Khalil Mack. Tyron Smith got smoked by Chandler Jones for a drive ending sack. He's been struggling, which is weird. Their whole line has been for some reason. Dez? LOL the guy had 2 receptions for 12 yards. I give him credit for muscling in for the TD but he was SHUT DOWN by Pat Pete. T Will?? Brice Butler??? I'll take our guys over them every time.

How the heck did JS give away the farm to draft McDowell when he traded down for him? Giving up the farm means you give up a load of picks to move UP in the draft to take someone.

cymatica

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2b8yhvw7 said:
Well, being Negative doesn't win or lose games either. Nothing wrong with believing in your team.

Tell that to Mariners fans