Richard Sherman

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He's lucky he didn't get tossed from the game.

I love his passion, and he plays better angry, but his antics today were a bit out of line. He gets tunnel vision when he feels slighted.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I found it annoying as hell, went and took a nap.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":2gxngwao said:
What's everyone's take on everything that went on with Sherm today?

He's frustrated. Playing hard doesn't come as easily to him as it once did. Like the fire but he took it too far. Then he looked dumb. That wasn't leadership - it was just acting out.

Seems are D does a lot more of that lately than dominating the offense.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I can't believe we didn't get the late hit call against us. Russ has gotten that call more than once and that should have been the only penalty called at all.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He needs to chill out. He was very close to getting tossed. He needs to channel that frustration, anger, and energy back on to making plays.

The officiating was bad, but that seems to be a weekly thing, unless you're a legacy team.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Sherm should know better. He is very lucky that the ref has thick skin and didn't eject him when he just kept barking at him. He followed the guy down the sideline, yapping all the way.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":cav7cfhv said:

What's yours? For the record on my part...I'm done with the NFL. I could go fishing and buy bait from a local fishmonger and receive more gratitude and get more enjoyment out of it. Which is what I'm going to do. I'm over it and done with this bullshit.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
That was a way late hit. He's lucky that O-Lineman didn't tear him up like wet paper.

That boy was BIG.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
I think next year will be his last in Seattle. Too expensive to resign, GM and coaches relieved.

IrishNW

Reaction score
he looked like a scared girl when a player that plays with REAL toughness got in his face. I laughed

semiahmoo

Reaction score
You'd think Sherm would know to leave those O-Line guys alone.

They are generally mild-mannered - until they're not...

[youtube]Wl4ViIwy7KA[/youtube]

GeekHawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2ohavem4 said:
nIdahoSeahawk":2ohavem4 said:

What's yours? For the record on my part...I'm done with the NFL. I could go fishing and buy bait from a local fishmonger and receive more gratitude and get more enjoyment out of it. Which is what I'm going to do. I'm over it and done with this bullshit.

Then why do you keep posting about it? Want us to join you or something? Just go fishing FFS. Nobody's stopping you.

Jville

Reaction score
It isn't just Sherman. A number of defenders are losing focus and composure.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/912103911351349248[/tweet]

I recall this bickering distraction by defensive personnel from last year. Such behavior is not characterized as a leadership trait. Could it be at the root of greater defensive inconsistency? I tend to suspect so.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Jville":3kzp83ek said:

I recall this bickering distraction by defensive personnel from last year. Such behavior is not characterized as a leadership trait. Could it be at the root of greater defensive inconsistency? I tend to suspect so.

Sometimes being right doesn't always mean you get to keep arguing your point (not saying Sherman is but he believes it). It is a big lesson in life and there are times where it is just better to walk away otherwise the situation turns into the person protesting, right or wrong, is just being childish and or a Dick.

Retail or marriage will sometimes teach this lesson.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Jville":2nszzxse said:

I generally enjoyed your posts. Defense does not have any reason for criticism, yearly they deal with an offense that puts them in the game 70% of the time. They've collectively been a part of the number 1 defense for every year but 2016.

If only they could generate offense in the first half, not another game with 0 points into halftime with a lucky drive. They have set a negative TD record for TDs in first quarter.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":16n1f9c0 said:
Jville":16n1f9c0 said:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/912103911351349248[/tweet].

Retail or marriage will sometimes teach this lesson

Never do either.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
What my take, my take was that it was a shitty call.

I am more annoyed by a certain other player on the defense that is far more troublesome than anything Sherman has ever been.

I think this might be the end though, kinda hard to see them figuring things out.

The problem with Pete's coaching style and freedom is that there is no control anymore. It's gotten to the point where it's started to significantly hurt the team.

Gotta find a balance in there, he's just too lenient and too buddy buddy with everyone.

Jville

Reaction score
mistaowen":a8sa4f8q said:
Jville":a8sa4f8q said:

I generally enjoyed your posts. Defense does not have any reason for criticism, yearly they deal with an offense that puts them in the game 70% of the time. They've collectively been a part of the number 1 defense for every year but 2016.

If only they could generate offense in the first half, not another game with 0 points into halftime with a lucky drive. They have set a negative TD record for TDs in first quarter.

They refocused last year. I expect them to refocus again this year. Kam Chancellor seems to be the leader that enforces focus and communication. I'm not all that concerned about it. Chancellor has a productive leadership track record.