Poll: How are you feeling after Tennessee loss?

How you feeling?

• Positive. Everything is going to be fine

Votes: 31 15.9%
  • Neutral. Could be better. Could be worse. Meh

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Worried. I'm unneasy about our championship chances

Votes: 38 19.5%
  • Depressed. This team has let me down

Votes: 24 12.3%
  • Angry. I hate the direction our team is going

Votes: 53 27.2%
  • I don't care. I've been a fan since '76, I've seen it all.

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Ask me tomorrow.

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
How are you folks doing after the Titans game? Whats the pulse of .Net?

RussB

Reaction score
I dont like this team right now, im not angry though. Just want them to trade bennett and see if they can get some a solid lineman for him. Also trading someone else too is a good idea. This team as it is right now wont win a superbowl.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
More frustrated than anything. The opening drive of the second half showed what THIS offense with THESE players COULD be with decent play calling. It was a good mix of run/pass and of utilizing different players. It was an example of a solid, sustained drive which can win you football games. Not backyard, gimmicky BS that reeks of desperation. Not easy yards in garbage time that drive up the stats and make the final outcome look closer than it actually was. The frustration is due to the fact that we cannot get this type of play calling consistently. As a matter of fact, it was abandoned even after it worked. Why?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Disappointing loss since the offense showed they could really move the ball. Oline was better, but still has a lot of room to improve. I think the defense needed a kick in the nuts. They had a hell of a chip on their shoulder, and somewhat deserving with the crap show the offense presented the first two games.

But, I'm excited for the rest of the season. Wilson had time and was more decisive as the game went along - good sign. We've had some long clock eating drives, now need to convert them into touchdowns. Carson, I'm loving it so far. Defensive is not going to be perfect, but they have to keep us in each game. We really needed to create layers on defense, but we'll be fine. Go Hawks!

adeltaY

Reaction score
RussB":bceo1g3j said:
I dont like this team right now, im not angry though. Just want them to trade bennett and see if they can get some a solid lineman for him. Also trading someone else too is a good idea. This team as it is right now wont win a superbowl.

What team is going to trade a solid OL for an aging DL? OL play has clearly been a problem league wide, teams aren't going to part with good players but for a king's ransom.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
I chalked to 1-2 when schedule came out. Losing in GB when had more than opportunity to win hurt. Today proved the clamoring of Offense play calling change up. As soon as forced we change and move the ball, unfortunately left D on the field way too long already. It works, why wait? Don't have to be no huddle but why not uptempo in general. And what happened to read option? Not that Russ needs to run more but instead keep defenses honest with the possibility of it which in return helps a lackluster line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
A lot of us have seen this coming, so not mad at all. It is what is is.

Poor drafts and free agency decisions set us up for failure. Some choose to believe in the "sun will come out tomorrow", and that's ok. I don't begrudge anyone their opinion.

But, we are reaping what we sowed. We have shattered our former elite QB and we expose our defense way too much.

Mostly, I just miss being excited to watch the Seahawks play. They are painful and boring,l and I no longer look forward to 3 hours of this garbage. That's the worst part.

Schedule wise? I had them at 1-2 after Week 3. But what I am seeing matters more than W-L. We will still likely win the West and go to playoffs, but we don't have what it takes to win on the road or win the Conference.

Josea16

Reaction score
RussB":zl2upkii said:
This isn't fantasy football. If your can't unload your obvious underperformers to fix the obvious problem on the field what's your next realistic move? And more importantly do you believe JS has the balls or power over PC to even attempt it?

Josea16

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2xdcy1l4 said:

Poor drafts and free agency decisions set us up for failure. Some choose to believe in the "sun will come out tomorrow", and that's ok. I don't begrudge anyone their opinion.

But, we are reaping what we sowed. We have shattered our former elite QB and we expose our defense way too much.

Mostly, I just miss being excited to watch the Seahawks play. They are painful and boring,l and I no longer look forward to 3 hours of this garbage. That's the worst part.

Schedule wise? I had them at 1-2 after Week 3. But what I am seeing matters more than W-L. We will still likely win the West and go to playoffs, but we don't have what it takes to win on the road or win the Conference.
Wow, optimistic from where I sit. Though being in Missouri I don't see the debacle live. I don't buy Wilson as being David Carr'd whatever the hell that even means.

Jim Plunklett was on worse teams for years then David Carr and won a Superbowl. Alex Smith basically the same but right this second on a team that can and will retire Tom Brady and most any NFC team beyond Atlanta if that.

Give Russell the tools and it is ON! (An actual average power OL not ZBS shite crap OL).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This isn't good football.

And it hasn't been for several years.

I am not really disappointed. Perplexed at all the interesting ways we seem to find ways to lose, and amused by the finger pointing and the defending of guys like Wilson - but not angry anymore. I was, but after being subjected to a steady diet of this kind of football for most of last year - I just root for the team without really expecting much anymore.

I don't get too upset after losses now. Disappointed at what could have been but I think the days of this being a great team are gone. Carroll is clearly tired and old, still clinging to crappy assistants and our GM hasn't really done much since Scott left. Sure he gets a few good players like Lockett, but every GM finds a few good players. He isn't much better than anyone else because we cannot really milk the 2011 2012 drafts anymore.

What our fan base is really good at is making excuses. I think that is cute. If this, if that. If he hadn't dropped it, hadn't gotten the penalty, hadn't given up the 271 yd run.... sure whatever.

I think we have some fans that want to cling to the delusion but I don't think it matters either way what we think.

This is the team we got, these are the coaches we got. It would really be foolish to expect much from them at this point, considering what we have seen from them lately. So I don't.

Josea16

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2fbknqxe said:
This isn't good football.

And it hasn't been for several years.

I am not really disappointed. Perplexed at all the interesting ways we seem to find ways to lose, and amused by the finger pointing and the defending of guys like Wilson - but not angry anymore. I was, but after being subjected to a steady diet of this kind of football for most of last year - I just root for the team without really expecting much anymore.

I don't get too upset after losses now. Disappointed at what could have been but I think the days of this being a great team are gone. Carroll is clearly tired and old, still clinging to crappy assistants and our GM hasn't really done much since Scott left. Sure he gets a few good players like Lockett, but every GM finds a few good players. He isn't much better than anyone else because we cannot really milk the 2011 2012 drafts anymore.

What our fan base is really good at is making excuses. I think that is cute. If this, if that. If he hadn't dropped it, hadn't gotten the penalty, hadn't given up the 271 yd run.... sure whatever.

I think we have some fans that want to cling to the delusion but I don't think it matters either way what we think.

This is the team we got, these are the coaches we got. It would really be foolish to expect much from them at this point, considering what we have seen from them lately. So I don't.
I don't like you and believe you are a troll but I actually agree with most of what you say. Mostly about Pete and his assistants. Everything else not really sir.

They just need a coaching change not a front office change. Given Pete is 100% running the show the problem is him, no stop go, no $200.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Neutral about our play. When our Defense was smoking hot our Offense was ice cold. When the offense was smoking hot, our defense was as bad as I ever seen them. They just have to balance things out. But very worried if Baldwins groin injury is slow to heel and he's out for a few weeks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
"I don't like you...think you are a troll..."

There is a difference between being a troll and just needing the catharsis.

It is frustrating and has been frustrating to watch this team pee away chances to be great.

A troll tries to get people to react.

I guess I felt the comment warranted a response, but I really don't care if people are upset or happy. I care if I am upset or happy and this kind of football is disappointing.

I don't think there is an up from here. Things will get worse, not better. The team will get older. Carroll will cling to ineffective philosophies and we will continue to lose good coaches and keep bad ones.

Eventually this team will get so bad that Carroll will leave, not wanting to sully his legacy. Then we will hurriedly hire some coach on the staff (assuring they will be terrible), which will lead to 3-4 years of struggle before we finally remove him. Then the damage done, we will try to find a good HC when so many other bottom teams will be hunting for decent coaches too.

We have from 3-7 years of bad football ahead of us and this is likely going to be one of the better years of that span.

This was why it was so important not to squander the times we were good, but we did...mainly thanks to Bevell and Cable.

adeltaY

Reaction score
The first two games really weren't fun to watch. This one got interesting, but it was also demoralizing. I think they can turn it around, but I'm not confident that they will.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3mfb9lee said:

That is mostly it. The last few years it is just so rare that I am at all entertained watching this team play, even when they win. This year I have actually only watched about half of their total game time. Used to be I wouldn't think of missing a game. Getting easier and easier to find other things to do. Doesn't help that the NFL has killed the product in general.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Josea16":1pd0ujx3 said:
FlyingGreg":1pd0ujx3 said:

Wow, optimistic from where I sit. Though being in Missouri I don't see the debacle live. I don't buy Wilson as being David Carr'd whatever the hell that even means.

Jim Plunklett was on worse teams for years then David Carr and won a Superbowl. Alex Smith basically the same but right this second on a team that can and will retire Tom Brady and most any NFC team beyond Atlanta if that.

Give Russell the tools and it is ON! (An actual average power OL not ZBS shite crap OL).

Do you hate the ZBS because we can't execute it, or do you actually think the scheme is inferior?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I've been with this team thru some lean years so I'm not checking out but this is particularly ugly stuff.

TwilightError

Reaction score
It is as expected. Road games in september are not this teams stronghold. (2-11) They will figure it out.