Pete and John suck at evaluating WR .

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm not going to get into a long post about every WR but in short . Doug is the only consistent WR we have and have had other than Kearse who's been traded , since Tate was let go. This has got to change. Richardson is not a starting WR he's wildly inconsistent . I had hopes for Tanner turning into that big WR that we lack but that isn't happening yet and might never happen either. Lockett same thing very inconsistent and lacks size. We have to get more physical at that position . Right now we have Baldwin Richardson and Lockett that are starting . That's never going to be productive enough . Graham is the only real threat we have other than Baldwin . Maybe this gets ironed out and Tanner and Darboh step up and earn more playing time but that hasn't happen yet. I know some of you think WR is fine but go look at the stats of every one of them compared to the rest of the league only Baldwin and Graham are any good and Jimmy is a TE.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I dont think Locketts been a bad assessment by the team, he is what we thought he'd be, when healthy anyway, he was supposed to be a kr/pr threat, and gadgety type and he's lived upto the billing, he's coming off a big injury so it's gonna take him some time. Prich was a miss imo, he flashes and he's not having a terrible year but inconsistent, but hes the only real high draft investment we've made and that was what a late 2nd? but when you're not investing any real top end dratt capital its hard to land stud game changers. Julio/Odell/Dez/AJ, these are high 1st round draft picks...and we're certainly not throwing big money at them during fa. The wrs could be better but they can be good enough if DB can figure out how to use the wr masquerading as a te.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Well anyway they need help at WR . They really need to get better at the skill positions on offense we'll see how the season plays out but the offense looks really bad right now. There just isn't enough there . The defense I think will be fine at least at home on the road it's going to be tough this year it's hard to see us winning a game on the road right now.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
we don't know anything about our offense until the oline stops sucking so bad.

massari

Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to say they suck with WR's, although I never understood choosing to pay Kearse instead of Tate (maybe locker room problems?). OL on the other hand...

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3qqdnf4x said:

This. I think Darboh will be very good to great within a season or two. I also foresee McEvoy being a ~50 catch/10 TD type of receiver in this league, but unfortunately I think it will be with a different team.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
if you want a Julio Jones type of receiver I don't see that ever happening. This Seahawks team is not built that way. Maybe if the Seahawks somehow luck out on having that player fall to them during a draft but this current regime would not go out their way to reach for that type player.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
"Pete and John suck at evaluating WR"

... and at evaluating OL ...

... and at evaluating ANY position since 2012 ...

randomation

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":1n5olvyg said:
Lords of Scythia":1n5olvyg said:

This. I think Darboh will be very good to great within a season or two. I also foresee McEvoy being a ~50 catch/10 TD type of receiver in this league, but unfortunately I think it will be with a different team.

If Doug is out for extended time I think they will both get their shot.