Is the championship window now closed?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Has this Seahawks regime peaked??

Example: The Niners were at their best when they went to the Super Bowl against the Ravens and the NFC Championship in Seattle. After that, it was all downhill.

Is downhill now all that's left for this Carroll era??

ludakrishna

Reaction score
It peaked against the SB vs Pats. The window has closed with this regime. We need new blood in coaching and players who have the hunger for winning again.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Windows don't close until you're consistently not making the playoffs, and not even in the hunt for the playoffs.

The 9ers window wasn't closed, for instance, until they went 8-8 and missed the playoffs under Harbaugh and then followed that up by going 5-11 under Tomsula.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
I think that it is about half shut. Last 2 years, win the division, win home playoff game, lose divisional round badly. First round playoff loss will close it to 2/3-3/4 in my mind .

endzorn

Reaction score
Sherman won't let the window close. If Sherm sees this team fading there is no tantrum too juvenile, no fit too childish, no bitching too whiny for our Sherm to unleash to right the ship. No one knows how to commit 15 yard penalties for the sake of his team like Sherman. No one knows how to selfishly make the game about himself like Sherm does...all for the sake of his teammates.

We love you Sherman!! Here's to more penalties to help us win next week!!!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's not going to shut until Russell Wilson can no longer play.

Drew Brees' window has not shut. New Orleans just hasn't been able to get him a defense.

randomation

Reaction score
endzorn":2y6lnwu5 said:
Sherman won't let the window close. If Sherm sees this team fading there is no tantrum too juvenile, no fit too childish, no bitching too whiny for our Sherm to unleash to right the ship. No one knows how to commit 15 yard penalties for the sake of his team like Sherman. No one knows how to selfishly make the game about himself like Sherm does...all for the sake of his teammates.

He didn't even hit Mariota he turned and ended up hitting a seahawk just stop

endzorn

Reaction score
randomation":jg1hp8j6 said:
endzorn":jg1hp8j6 said:

He didn't even hit Mariota he turned and ended up hitting a seahawk just stop
A cheap shot is a cheap shot whether it lands or not.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd like to say no, but I can't think of an old defense being able to regain it's form and dominate.

And we have an old defense now, and we saw that old defense get punched in the mouth and lose their cool once again...................because THEY now see what I just said, they're no longer the ones punching, they're now the ones getting punched, and they don't like it.

So idk, it's too soon to tell for this year. But going forward? I fear the window's closed, too many other young hungry teams like the one we saw yesterday on the rise, while we're on the decline.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":10cea473 said:
It's not going to shut until Russell Wilson can no longer play.

Drew Brees' window has not shut. New Orleans just hasn't been able to get him a defense.

Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are elite Tier 1 QBs. Russell is a Tier 3 QB. Russ has not shown that he can carry a team to the SB.

JPatera76

Reaction score
It closed or at least started after the SB loss. And if everyone involved on that shit call was "punished" or if some "proper" actions were taken then, in my honest opinion we may or may not be seeing the issues we are seeing now, Its definitely had an everlasting effect on everyone who was on that team in one way shape or form..I remember Walsh in an interview talking about how much counseling and therapy he had to do because of his missed field goal giving us a win. Imagine that's just a field goal, in a playoff game on the road to the SB. Imagine screwing up IN the SB and calling some stupid ass play that A.) A former defensive Player happens to be in on the play for and playing against us, and B.) Playing against their STRENGTH. Talk about gift wrapping the game. And then nothing is done, no punishments, NOTHING while the coaching staff i.e. PC goes all Rah Rah. Then the next year lynch comes back and misses half the season, back and forth due to god only knows the real reasons. We get lucky against the vikings and then lose to the Panthers where lynch (imo) barely tried that 1st half feeding him the ball. 2nd half we come out abandon much of the run game and carve them up with quick short passes. He wanted away from the team, and more than likely Bevell. Its not a surprise to me that he went to Oakland, what kid doesn't want to play for their home team. But not only that, he's back to his old form and having fun doing HIS thing, not Bevells. He wasn't even doing that his last year here, why? That crap SB loss. Why stay with a team and city where your constantly attached to the shittiest call in SB history and asked about it. Out window if it isn't will be soon locked shut since virtually NO changes have been made.

Its been a downward spiral since that loss. The pace of which it goes down hill each year seems to be quicker and quicker.

And since then as well Pete has done more "smoke-mirrors" coach talk. One things for sure, he'd make a damn good car salesman.

No Oline, No Window. Our Defense can't keep bailing out the Offense and I believe we're starting to see friction between the teammates because well the defense is sick of it... They know. Overall it all sucks, and hopefully this off season will give some long overdue housing cleanings. Whether it be the coaching staff or players, changes need to be made. They have to.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I watched Derrick Carr throw three times from the 3 last night... call wasn't stupid just failed get over it already. Three weeks into this season and I have literally seen dozens of pass attempts from the goal line, including slants.

And to the actual topic no I don't think the window is closed, when the Hawks post a losing record...at the END of a season then I will start speculating. All you have to do is watch all the games on any given Sunday and you will see every team struggles with consistency. This game is played at an extremely elite level, it is not easy for any team or player.

Make me laugh a little every time I see teams with so called elite offensive lines (Cowboys, Raiders) get absolutely worked over.

Vesuve

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":11bvcpea said:
Has this Seahawks regime peaked??

The Seahawks regime peaked in February, 2015.

That's they way many teams go.

Still a good team. But good isn't good enough to go all of the way.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
No. The panic this board exudes 3 games into the season is insane. They've lost two games on the road, both to teams that are very likely superbowl contenders. This isn't the first time Pete Carroll's teams have started slow and it won't be the last.

Hell, Russell looked like Russell again yesterday. That alone makes an open window.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
at some point and around the same time, Wagner, Thomas, Sherman, and Chancellor will be gone or have declined to being good but not the great players we are used too. At that point the window will be closed unless they are replenished.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't know if it is closed, but the % chances of another SB are as close to zero and you probably want to calculate. Certainly no better than any average team asking the same question.

Can a wild card team or division winner in a weak division get to a SB? Sure.

Likely? Not really. Not for a team like the one we are witnessing.

Probably the loss in that 2nd SB was the last we would experience as far as SB, for at least this group and this staff.

And the days of being a contender are likely over. And have been for 2 years, as our record in the playoffs indicates.

We are now one of the lesser teams in the playoffs that the good teams beat along the way. A roadblock but not a serious contender. And in those non-wildcard games, barely a roadblock....