Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Is the championship window now closed?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Is the championship window now closed?
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:13 am
  • Has this Seahawks regime peaked??

Example: The Niners were at their best when they went to the Super Bowl against the Ravens and the NFC Championship in Seattle. After that, it was all downhill.

Is downhill now all that's left for this Carroll era??
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Starter

• It peaked against the SB vs Pats. The window has closed with this regime. We need new blood in coaching and players who have the hunger for winning again.
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• Windows don't close until you're consistently not making the playoffs, and not even in the hunt for the playoffs.

The 9ers window wasn't closed, for instance, until they went 8-8 and missed the playoffs under Harbaugh and then followed that up by going 5-11 under Tomsula.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• I think that it is about half shut. Last 2 years, win the division, win home playoff game, lose divisional round badly. First round playoff loss will close it to 2/3-3/4 in my mind .
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

• Sherman won't let the window close. If Sherm sees this team fading there is no tantrum too juvenile, no fit too childish, no bitching too whiny for our Sherm to unleash to right the ship. No one knows how to commit 15 yard penalties for the sake of his team like Sherman. No one knows how to selfishly make the game about himself like Sherm does...all for the sake of his teammates.

We love you Sherman!! Here's to more penalties to help us win next week!!!!
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

• It's not going to shut until Russell Wilson can no longer play.

Drew Brees' window has not shut. New Orleans just hasn't been able to get him a defense.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Nope not even close.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• endzorn wrote:Sherman won't let the window close. If Sherm sees this team fading there is no tantrum too juvenile, no fit too childish, no bitching too whiny for our Sherm to unleash to right the ship. No one knows how to commit 15 yard penalties for the sake of his team like Sherman. No one knows how to selfishly make the game about himself like Sherm does...all for the sake of his teammates.

He didn't even hit Mariota he turned and ended up hitting a seahawk just stop
    randomation
    NET Veteran

• randomation wrote:
    endzorn wrote:Sherman won't let the window close. If Sherm sees this team fading there is no tantrum too juvenile, no fit too childish, no bitching too whiny for our Sherm to unleash to right the ship. No one knows how to commit 15 yard penalties for the sake of his team like Sherman. No one knows how to selfishly make the game about himself like Sherm does...all for the sake of his teammates.

A cheap shot is a cheap shot whether it lands or not.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

• No.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I'd like to say no, but I can't think of an old defense being able to regain it's form and dominate.

And we have an old defense now, and we saw that old defense get punched in the mouth and lose their cool once again...................because THEY now see what I just said, they're no longer the ones punching, they're now the ones getting punched, and they don't like it.

So idk, it's too soon to tell for this year. But going forward? I fear the window's closed, too many other young hungry teams like the one we saw yesterday on the rise, while we're on the decline.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Most likely it has.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:It's not going to shut until Russell Wilson can no longer play.

Drew Brees' window has not shut. New Orleans just hasn't been able to get him a defense.

Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are elite Tier 1 QBs. Russell is a Tier 3 QB. Russ has not shown that he can carry a team to the SB.
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• With the current coaching staff / FO it definitely is ...
    Tired of "fútbol" (soccer) ...
    Joyodongo
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Is the championship window now closed?
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:53 am
  • It closed or at least started after the SB loss. And if everyone involved on that shit call was "punished" or if some "proper" actions were taken then, in my honest opinion we may or may not be seeing the issues we are seeing now, Its definitely had an everlasting effect on everyone who was on that team in one way shape or form..I remember Walsh in an interview talking about how much counseling and therapy he had to do because of his missed field goal giving us a win. Imagine that's just a field goal, in a playoff game on the road to the SB. Imagine screwing up IN the SB and calling some stupid ass play that A.) A former defensive Player happens to be in on the play for and playing against us, and B.) Playing against their STRENGTH. Talk about gift wrapping the game. And then nothing is done, no punishments, NOTHING while the coaching staff i.e. PC goes all Rah Rah. Then the next year lynch comes back and misses half the season, back and forth due to god only knows the real reasons. We get lucky against the vikings and then lose to the Panthers where lynch (imo) barely tried that 1st half feeding him the ball. 2nd half we come out abandon much of the run game and carve them up with quick short passes. He wanted away from the team, and more than likely Bevell. Its not a surprise to me that he went to Oakland, what kid doesn't want to play for their home team. But not only that, he's back to his old form and having fun doing HIS thing, not Bevells. He wasn't even doing that his last year here, why? That crap SB loss. Why stay with a team and city where your constantly attached to the shittiest call in SB history and asked about it. Out window if it isn't will be soon locked shut since virtually NO changes have been made.

Its been a downward spiral since that loss. The pace of which it goes down hill each year seems to be quicker and quicker.

And since then as well Pete has done more "smoke-mirrors" coach talk. One things for sure, he'd make a damn good car salesman.

No Oline, No Window. Our Defense can't keep bailing out the Offense and I believe we're starting to see friction between the teammates because well the defense is sick of it... They know. Overall it all sucks, and hopefully this off season will give some long overdue housing cleanings. Whether it be the coaching staff or players, changes need to be made. They have to.
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:13 pm
  • I watched Derrick Carr throw three times from the 3 last night... call wasn't stupid just failed get over it already. Three weeks into this season and I have literally seen dozens of pass attempts from the goal line, including slants.

And to the actual topic no I don't think the window is closed, when the Hawks post a losing record...at the END of a season then I will start speculating. All you have to do is watch all the games on any given Sunday and you will see every team struggles with consistency. This game is played at an extremely elite level, it is not easy for any team or player.

Make me laugh a little every time I see teams with so called elite offensive lines (Cowboys, Raiders) get absolutely worked over.
    Last edited by Flyingsquad23 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:15 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Has this Seahawks regime peaked??

The Seahawks regime peaked in February, 2015.

That's they way many teams go.

Still a good team. But good isn't good enough to go all of the way.
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:34 pm
  • No. The panic this board exudes 3 games into the season is insane. They've lost two games on the road, both to teams that are very likely superbowl contenders. This isn't the first time Pete Carroll's teams have started slow and it won't be the last.

Hell, Russell looked like Russell again yesterday. That alone makes an open window.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm
  • at some point and around the same time, Wagner, Thomas, Sherman, and Chancellor will be gone or have declined to being good but not the great players we are used too. At that point the window will be closed unless they are replenished.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm
  • I don't know if it is closed, but the % chances of another SB are as close to zero and you probably want to calculate. Certainly no better than any average team asking the same question.

Can a wild card team or division winner in a weak division get to a SB? Sure.

Likely? Not really. Not for a team like the one we are witnessing.

Probably the loss in that 2nd SB was the last we would experience as far as SB, for at least this group and this staff.

And the days of being a contender are likely over. And have been for 2 years, as our record in the playoffs indicates.

We are now one of the lesser teams in the playoffs that the good teams beat along the way. A roadblock but not a serious contender. And in those non-wildcard games, barely a roadblock....
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Sure its closed. The Hawks are in a natural regression. Shame all we got was one with this roster.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• I think as far as the Seahawks being a juggernaut, yeah, the window is closed. And I don't think that's an indictment on the front office so much as it is a reality of the salary cap era. We had an insane collection of talent when some of our best players were on rookie contracts.

However, I think the window is still open as far as us being contenders. We're just not favorites or especially dominant anymore. I think we will be perennial contenders for the NFC West at least for foreseeable future. Sometimes the best team wins the Super Bowl, and sometimes a team gets hot -- like the Giants (2007 or 2011), the Ravens (2012), etc...
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie

• pittpnthrs wrote:Sure its closed. The Hawks are in a natural regression. Shame all we got was one with this roster.

Damn shame!!

TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Starter

• Won't know until years after it happens.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:Sure its closed. The Hawks are in a natural regression. Shame all we got was one with this roster.

One is better than none I suppose.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• We are almost exactly where the Holmgren team was after the SB loss, and then the stupid decision that allowed Hutch to become essentially a FA and go to the Vikings. Holmgren no longer had control of all team decision and Ruskell was clueless on how to keep a contending team. That decision caused a rift in the team and never went away until Holmgren left.

PC starting losing the team after the SB loss and made no real effort to evaluate and change up his coaching staff in reaction to that loss. That play which is completely on PC also caused a rift on the team that still exists today. JS has no power to put pressure on PC to make coaching changes, and the end result is what we now see on the field.

This has been coming for the last two years. It wasn't just because of the loss at the Vikings or any other game this season. We are in a slow downhill trajectory and will not be stopped until a new coaching regime is brought in to right the ship. In other words, not until we are losing consistently and missing the playoffs completely.

The only question to ask is if that change will be too late for the majority of the players on this team today.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• JPatera76 wrote:It closed or at least started after the SB loss. And if everyone involved on that shit call was "punished" or if some "proper" actions were taken then, in my honest opinion we may or may not be seeing the issues we are seeing now, Its definitely had an everlasting effect on everyone who was on that team in one way shape or form..I remember Walsh in an interview talking about how much counseling and therapy he had to do because of his missed field goal giving us a win. Imagine that's just a field goal, in a playoff game on the road to the SB. Imagine screwing up IN the SB and calling some stupid ass play that A.) A former defensive Player happens to be in on the play for and playing against us, and B.) Playing against their STRENGTH. Talk about gift wrapping the game. And then nothing is done, no punishments, NOTHING while the coaching staff i.e. PC goes all Rah Rah. Then the next year lynch comes back and misses half the season, back and forth due to god only knows the real reasons. We get lucky against the vikings and then lose to the Panthers where lynch (imo) barely tried that 1st half feeding him the ball. 2nd half we come out abandon much of the run game and carve them up with quick short passes. He wanted away from the team, and more than likely Bevell. Its not a surprise to me that he went to Oakland, what kid doesn't want to play for their home team. But not only that, he's back to his old form and having fun doing HIS thing, not Bevells. He wasn't even doing that his last year here, why? That crap SB loss. Why stay with a team and city where your constantly attached to the shittiest call in SB history and asked about it. Out window if it isn't will be soon locked shut since virtually NO changes have been made.

Its been a downward spiral since that loss. The pace of which it goes down hill each year seems to be quicker and quicker.

And since then as well Pete has done more "smoke-mirrors" coach talk. One things for sure, he'd make a damn good car salesman.

No Oline, No Window. Our Defense can't keep bailing out the Offense and I believe we're starting to see friction between the teammates because well the defense is sick of it... They know. Overall it all sucks, and hopefully this off season will give some long overdue housing cleanings. Whether it be the coaching staff or players, changes need to be made. They have to.

Thank you for your response!

I can't say I disagree with you! It seems spot on!

Erick Dickerson has gone on and said, some losses you never get over, ever!

Dickerson said there's a game he still thinks about to this day.

Pete Carroll has said he's over the super bowl call and the Texas USC game but he has to say that. He cannot say it's his fault and he still regrets it. He will not admit that ever to his players.

I agree with what you said about Marshawn. Marshawn needed to leave to show the organization what they had when he was here, now that he's not, fingers can be pointed at the people that really screwed up the team.

Just my thoughts.

TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Starter

• If we are talking Superbowl, and with the same offensive coaches, then yes. Pete's presser tonight is why. They are going to just keep doing the same thing and wait for it to get better.

I think we have a 75 to 80% chance to win our division. Cards need a new QB and some new blood in the coaching staff. They are an 8-8 team. The Rams have made some changes for the better and have a pretty easy schedule like we do, but I still think we have more talent. The 49ers are a year or 2 away from competing, but have what looks to be a solid start.

Basically we have 2 teams getting better (Rams, 9ers) and 2 teams getting worse. Ball is in pete and John's court though as we still have the most talent on our team, it just doesn't fit what the offensive coaches are trying to do.

It will not be a swift descent, but rather a quiet walk back to the Seahawks we used to know before Pete and John. 10-6, 9-7, then 8-8 as the team ages out and they draft decent but not top level talent.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• ludakrishna wrote:Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are elite Tier 1 QBs. Russell is a Tier 3 QB. Russ has not shown that he can carry a team to the SB.

Then why do Brees and Rodgers only have 1 ring each? People seem to forget that after Rodgers won the SB in 2010 ,when the Packers had an excellent defense, people were doubting he could carry until he went berserk the following season and proved everyone wrong. Still, no SB since for him, due in large part to their defense sucking since that point. Brees also had a defense that caused lots of turnovers to help out during his SB run and it's been garbage since 2011 or so. Hence, they are the new 7-9 team.

Russ isn't yet in the same tier as those guys, but you can see that even they alone aren't enough to carry their teams to rings. Brady probably is, but even he has had pretty darn good defenses whenever he's won the big game. Also, all three have had much better OL than Russ pretty consistently. Russ is a franchise QB who is more than good enough to win the big game. He has bad games just like the guys you mentioned, but he's been pretty consistent. #2 passer rating all time is nothing to sneeze at.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:We are almost exactly where the Holmgren team was after the SB loss, and then the stupid decision that allowed Hutch to become essentially a FA and go to the Vikings. Holmgren no longer had control of all team decision and Ruskell was clueless on how to keep a contending team. That decision caused a rift in the team and never went away until Holmgren left.

PC starting losing the team after the SB loss and made no real effort to evaluate and change up his coaching staff in reaction to that loss. That play which is completely on PC also caused a rift on the team that still exists today. JS has no power to put pressure on PC to make coaching changes, and the end result is what we now see on the field.

This has been coming for the last two years. It wasn't just because of the loss at the Vikings or any other game this season. We are in a slow downhill trajectory and will not be stopped until a new coaching regime is brought in to right the ship. In other words, not until we are losing consistently and missing the playoffs completely.

The only question to ask is if that change will be too late for the majority of the players on this team today.

*Raises hand* I can answer your question! Well, the majority of the "core" players are in their late 20s, I say yes, if there is a new regime, all of the core players, if not, then most (high percentage) will be gone.

When I look at this team, there's only a few players, I would think will last another 2-3 years, if that.

Wilson
    Baldwin
    Tyler Lockett
    Frank Clark
    Shaq

Everyone else would be gone in two or three years, if a new regime came in next season.

TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Starter

• We could hear the "door" slam if we lose to the Colts this Sunday. :sarcasm_on:
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• Under Pete, we're 0-4 in Divisional round road playoff games. How confident is anyone that this team, the way it's currently built, and with its systems in place could ever beat any top NFC team on the road in the Div round or NFC Champ? How confident is anyone that this team this year or another year older next year or the year after is going to get homefield advantage?

This should answer the question regarding another SB title in the near future under Pete.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:35 pm
  • endzorn wrote:Sherman won't let the window close. If Sherm sees this team fading there is no tantrum too juvenile, no fit too childish, no bitching too whiny for our Sherm to unleash to right the ship. No one knows how to commit 15 yard penalties for the sake of his team like Sherman. No one knows how to selfishly make the game about himself like Sherm does...all for the sake of his teammates.

Great post, brah!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:16 am
  • endzorn wrote:
    randomation wrote:
    endzorn wrote:Sherman won't let the window close. If Sherm sees this team fading there is no tantrum too juvenile, no fit too childish, no bitching too whiny for our Sherm to unleash to right the ship. No one knows how to commit 15 yard penalties for the sake of his team like Sherman. No one knows how to selfishly make the game about himself like Sherm does...all for the sake of his teammates.

A cheap shot is a cheap shot whether it lands or not.

An increasingly bad rep doesn't help either.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• West TX Hawk wrote:Under Pete, we're 0-4 in Divisional round road playoff games. How confident is anyone that this team, the way it's currently built, and with its systems in place could ever beat any top NFC team on the road in the Div round or NFC Champ? How confident is anyone that this team this year or another year older next year or the year after is going to get homefield advantage?

This should answer the question regarding another SB title in the near future under Pete.

Have to give the Harbaugh niners credit, they were able to go on the road and win pretty consistently in against NFC teams.... mostly ;)
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• West TX Hawk wrote:Under Pete, we're 0-4 in Divisional round road playoff games. How confident is anyone that this team, the way it's currently built, and with its systems in place could ever beat any top NFC team on the road in the Div round or NFC Champ? How confident is anyone that this team this year or another year older next year or the year after is going to get homefield advantage?

This is a great post. Thats why the whole 'get hot' during the playoffs doesnt pertain to us. We are not good enough to get HFA and we lay an egg on the road,,,,EVERYTIME.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• adeltaY wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are elite Tier 1 QBs. Russell is a Tier 3 QB. Russ has not shown that he can carry a team to the SB.

Then why do Brees and Rodgers only have 1 ring each? People seem to forget that after Rodgers won the SB in 2010 ,when the Packers had an excellent defense, people were doubting he could carry until he went berserk the following season and proved everyone wrong. Still, no SB since for him, due in large part to their defense sucking since that point. Brees also had a defense that caused lots of turnovers to help out during his SB run and it's been garbage since 2011 or so. Hence, they are the new 7-9 team.

Russ isn't yet in the same tier as those guys, but you can see that even they alone aren't enough to carry their teams to rings. Brady probably is, but even he has had pretty darn good defenses whenever he's won the big game. Also, all three have had much better OL than Russ pretty consistently. Russ is a franchise QB who is more than good enough to win the big game. He has bad games just like the guys you mentioned, but he's been pretty consistent. #2 passer rating all time is nothing to sneeze at.

When has Russ ever put the Seahawks on his back and carried them to the playoffs? Never! He has always relied on a great defense. Rodgers, Brees have put their teams on their backs and led them to the playoffs. Packers went 15-1 and 12-4 solely due to Rodgers. Saints have gone 13-3 and 11-5 solely due to Brees. Until Russell can prove that he can consistently lead this team to the playoffs on his own caliber, he will always be in the same club as an Alex Smith. An elite game manager.

As of now, the window is closed because he has yet to show that he can carry a team. The window was open solely due to the defense. The defense has now regressed the first 3 games and unless it improves, the window is closed.
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• Not closed at all.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Needed that laugh.

Championship window has not closed. A couple solid weeks in a row and posts like this will seem silly. That all depends upon the team actually having a couple solid weeks . . .

Continue to improve, win the division, get a home game, stay healthy. Anything can happen.
    DangerousDoug
    NET Rookie

• Ans:

No!

and

No!

The hyperbole around this place with 2 Ls and the negative fire everyone crew has lead to this thought. It's misplaced and very premature as a thought that really needs to be given credence and not considered as an overreaction.

No way! The team has far too much talent to not be relevant and still to be considered as a playoff team. It'll be a while before the window closes.

You may have a dislike for Coach Cable. You may have a dislike for Coach Bevell. You may think Pete has lost control of the asylum. If so you forget this team is always a better team in the money part of the season and they have finished strong ever since Pete has been here. It's true the OLine has been a perpetual source of concern, but the O learns to work around them or with what they can do while they annually improve incrementally over the season.

This team has won 70% of their games since 2010. The coaching staff is a very capable staff, ignore the negativity this team will be in the picture when it counts.

The window is still W-I-D-E O-P-E-N !!!

Let's talk again after a 3-4 more weeks. The improvement is steady and there was a lot to like about the O late in the game on Sunday, they just need to get it done earlier.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Yes
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie

• adeltaY wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are elite Tier 1 QBs. Russell is a Tier 3 QB. Russ has not shown that he can carry a team to the SB.

Those teams had good defense, but the qb and offense still drove those teams, just like the patriots. It's not about just the defense, it's the team playing good in all phases, but the strength was the offense. 2013 Hawks had a damn good defense, but it looked better with a ball control offense and good special teams. So it boils down to balance.

If you are trying to argue Wilson is as good as Breese or Rodgers based on rings, then you could argue Bevell is a better coordinator than Shanahan.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

• Yup.

Should've given the ball to Marshawn.
    SixSeahawk
    NET Rookie

• Anything can happen in the playoffs. This team is too talented to not be a contender. Even at 10-6 come playoff time, if we are reasonably healthy we can make a run. The NFL is hard, and until we stop comparing our team to others..cough...cough.. NE, we will not enjoy the moment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:51 pm
  • cymatica wrote:Those teams had good defense, but the qb and offense still drove those teams, just like the patriots. It's not about just the defense, it's the team playing good in all phases, but the strength was the offense. 2013 Hawks had a damn good defense, but it looked better with a ball control offense and good special teams. So it boils down to balance.

If you are trying to argue Wilson is as good as Breese or Rodgers based on rings, then you could argue Bevell is a better coordinator than Shanahan.

No man, I'm not saying that. I was just trying to provide perspective that shows that even these top tier QBs needed some help to drive them to their SB rings. I'm not saying it's just about the defense either. People seem to think that Brees, Rodgers, Brady carried their teams to their SB wins and I'm arguing against that. Brady definitely won them their last two SB in the actual game, but the defense was instrumental in getting them there. Same with Rodgers and Brees.

To luda's point, I disagree that those seasons were "solely" due to Rodgers and Brees. And guess what, the Packers didn't win the SB when they went 15-1 and had a bad defense, they won it when they went 10-6 and had a great defense. Balance is key, as cymatica said. No one is saying Wilson is better than those three guys, but he is damn good. To say he's like Alex Smith is ludicrous. Show me when Smith has thrown for 25 TDs and 2 INT in an 8 game stretch or anything close. Hell, that would be one of his best 16 game seasons if he could pull it off! And if you want to say he's being paid to be top 5, his cap hit is 11th among QBs this year.

Shoot, why do you even want to put all your eggs in the QB basket? Manning broke the passing TD record in 2013 and carried his team to the playoffs like you seem to want but got annihilated in the SB, as we all know. Rodgers has been carrying for years and the Packers have either lost in heartbreaking fashion or gotten demolished these past few years in the playoffs. Ryan had the highest passer rating in SB history and still lost. It doesn't all have to be about the QB. He doesn't have to be perfect; none of them are every game.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Nope, and until it is, not gonna' worry about it.
    Just get to the dance and see what happens. Same record every year, team starts slow, people freak out.....teams starts winning, people jump back on.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:51 am
  • As we all know, the Hawks have consistently had OL problems for years. Any team that returns 3 or 4 starters on the OL from year to year only have to work in 1 or 2 new guys into their OL. The Hawks on the other hand, don't have but 1 assumed starter (Britt) and all of the other OL positions are always in transition, year after year. IMO-The Hawks historically need the first 3-4 games of the season to get their poop in a pile, kind of like an extra 4 game preseason. After the integration of new OL members, it takes a few games for them to even start to gel as a unit. This has been the case for years now and it is very early in the season right now, so I'm of the opinion that the Hawks will be fine as the season goes along. The slow start is normal for this team & as PC says: "it's not how you start, it's how you finish."

Window closed/open to me is just a hot take based on current results, not necessarily even close to final season results.
    All the negative guys need to understand that in the SB winning season, they also (as usual) started off the season with a losing record & then came on strong to win the SB. I'm trying to stay calm as I hate losing right now but history tells us that the Hawks will get much, much better before the season is over. If they can avoid the impacts of injury to key players, there is no reason that the Hawks will not at the very least, make the playoffs & that's when wins are most important. So, I say we all need to chill out a little because as a fan base, we've been blessed (spoiled) for years.

Brady, Rogers, Brees and all other QB's have bad games too - but you only hear about the great games when they are talked about. Those QB's all have incompletions and bad passes too. It's exasperating to read: RW sailed a couple of passes over the head of his receivers so he's tier 3. If you watch NFL games regularly you'll notice that ALL QB's miss passes all the time to the extent of 65% completions being near the top of the league. That means for every 2 completions there is one incompletion. Additionally, the receivers have been known to run the wrong routes, at the wrong speed, with the wrong timing, and they also drop catchable balls occasionally, so incompletions are not always on just the QB, the receivers play a major role as well. RW, considering the O line he has to play behind, is more than capable of leading the Hawks back to the SB, so I'm chill.
    :smilingalien:
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:40 am
  • Stock market will crash....some day. I am always right.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:07 pm
  • Its been closed for a couple years now. We are simply the KC chiefs of the NFC now. We'll likely continue to win in a terrible division. Win our wild-card home game against up and coming teams like Detroit/Philly etc. Then get "shit on" on the road by a superior team. Aging past their prime Defense that gets gassed early in games and the worst O-Line in pro football is not going deep in the playoffs. Might as well accept it now. This year will be just like the previous two.
    RCATES
    NET Rookie

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:13 pm
  • I'm not accepting crap. That's your choice. Why bother watching the team if you already KNOW that they won't get past the first round??
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information