Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Is the championship window now closed?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Is the championship window now closed?
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:22 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm not accepting crap. That's your choice. Why bother watching the team if you already KNOW that they won't get past the first round??

Because a winning team is hard to come by in sports these days. I've been here for the many bad years and I'm happy that Seahawks have started a winning tradition. I love my Hawks and I'm a season ticket holder. None of that changes me being honest on what this team is capable of. PC lost this locker room 2 years ago and it shows. There is zero chance this team can win back to back road games in the playoffs against GB and Atlanta. Way too many flaws on Offense and not enough youth on Defense. I can still enjoy the hell out of the next few month's of this teams journey. But I've come to terms on how this season will end. The same as it has the past two years.
    RCATES
    NET Rookie

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:27 pm
  • Fair enough, and hopefully you'll be wrong. Agree to disagree. I've also been a Season Ticket holder (since 93). Really has nothing to do with someone's level of fandom etc. We are no bigger fans than someone who can't make the games.
    I just enjoy the ride and expect the Super Bowl, because that's the fun of it. High expectations. I can't see just assuming they have NO chance. Just my personal opinion. It's all good, people don't understand my optimism, and that's ok. I don't understand the Debbie Downer stuff, it goes both ways. I'm fully aware of the many issues this team has to overcome. But, they've done it many times before and are capable of doing it again.

Go Hawks
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• CamanoIslandJQ wrote:As we all know, the Hawks have consistently had OL problems for years. Any team that returns 3 or 4 starters on the OL from year to year only have to work in 1 or 2 new guys into their OL. The Hawks on the other hand, don't have but 1 assumed starter (Britt) and all of the other OL positions are always in transition, year after year. IMO-The Hawks historically need the first 3-4 games of the season to get their poop in a pile, kind of like an extra 4 game preseason. After the integration of new OL members, it takes a few games for them to even start to gel as a unit. This has been the case for years now and it is very early in the season right now, so I'm of the opinion that the Hawks will be fine as the season goes along. The slow start is normal for this team & as PC says: "it's not how you start, it's how you finish."

Window closed/open to me is just a hot take based on current results, not necessarily even close to final season results.
    All the negative guys need to understand that in the SB winning season, they also (as usual) started off the season with a losing record & then came on strong to win the SB. I'm trying to stay calm as I hate losing right now but history tells us that the Hawks will get much, much better before the season is over. If they can avoid the impacts of injury to key players, there is no reason that the Hawks will not at the very least, make the playoffs & that's when wins are most important. So, I say we all need to chill out a little because as a fan base, we've been blessed (spoiled) for years.

Brady, Rogers, Brees and all other QB's have bad games too - but you only hear about the great games when they are talked about. Those QB's all have incompletions and bad passes too. It's exasperating to read: RW sailed a couple of passes over the head of his receivers so he's tier 3. If you watch NFL games regularly you'll notice that ALL QB's miss passes all the time to the extent of 65% completions being near the top of the league. That means for every 2 completions there is one incompletion. Additionally, the receivers have been known to run the wrong routes, at the wrong speed, with the wrong timing, and they also drop catchable balls occasionally, so incompletions are not always on just the QB, the receivers play a major role as well. RW, considering the O line he has to play behind, is more than capable of leading the Hawks back to the SB, so I'm chill.
    :smilingalien:

Thing is, the 2013 Seahawks did not start off with a losing record and or slow. Won the first 4 games and was 11-1 by game 12.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    Thing is, the 2013 Seahawks did not start off with a losing record and or slow. Won the first 4 games and was 11-1 by game 12.

That is why 2013 is such a high standard. All summer people were talking about the Seahawks not the super bowl winning Ravens. Then when the season started and people started to say show me the Hawks went 11-1 they won the road, they won at 10am they went down 21-0 and still won. The whole season was "I told you I was the best".
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:32 am
  • I think this team will be in the hunt for years. But will not be good enough to win or make it to a Super Bowl. They would need home field advantage to even make the Super Bowl. But they will only be a 9-10 win team going forward. Better than a 7-9 team. But a nice 6-10 season maybe would change this team and make them better for longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If .NET did not exist I would get so much more work done during the day!
    HawkinNY
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:41 pm
  • RW is amazing. If we had pro coordinators it would be wide open. Richard, Bevell, Cable need flushed.
    Shaq Griffin: 2017 Adopt a Rookie (injury substitution)
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• RCATES wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm not accepting crap. That's your choice. Why bother watching the team if you already KNOW that they won't get past the first round??

Because a winning team is hard to come by in sports these days. I've been here for the many bad years and I'm happy that Seahawks have started a winning tradition. I love my Hawks and I'm a season ticket holder. None of that changes me being honest on what this team is capable of. PC lost this locker room 2 years ago and it shows. There is zero chance this team can win back to back road games in the playoffs against GB and Atlanta. Way too many flaws on Offense and not enough youth on Defense. I can still enjoy the hell out of the next few month's of this teams journey. But I've come to terms on how this season will end. The same as it has the past two years.

It's not hard to bet that a team will lose the Super Bowl. 31 out of 32 fanbases would be correct on that.

But I hope you see how spoiled it's made this fan base.

There are 6 or 7 good teams that will make the playoffs and fall short. Doesn't mean they aren't good teams. It just means not everyone can win. The fact that this team doesn't feel like the Patriots week in and week out doesn't mean this isn't a good team, or that PC has lost the locker room. There is no empirical level of quality discernible this early in the season. It's just one game after another.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• No.
    907Hawk
    NET Rookie

• Most shocking development of 2017? Zero pass rush
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Closed and shattered!
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie

• I'd say, if the question is asked, the answer is known.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Bobblehead wrote:I'd say, if the question is asked, the answer is known.

It is known
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Not yet looks a little open still
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

• Good thing there is 16 games in a season and not 3. It's not how you start its how you finish. Never count this team out.
    BeastModeGang
    NET Bench Warmer

• It never was closed.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• BeastModeGang wrote:Good thing there is 16 games in a season and not 3. It's not how you start its how you finish. Never count this team out.

Unless you start so poorly that you are finished before you can even get started. Then it's how you start.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    BeastModeGang wrote:Good thing there is 16 games in a season and not 3. It's not how you start its how you finish. Never count this team out.

Unless you start so poorly that you are finished before you can even get started. Then it's how you start.

Yeah about that. The Seahawks are now 1-11 since 2015 when they go down by 10 or more points.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• We'll see what they do with the Rams.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• sdog1981 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    BeastModeGang wrote:Good thing there is 16 games in a season and not 3. It's not how you start its how you finish. Never count this team out.

Yeah about that. The Seahawks are now 1-11 since 2015 when they go down by 10 or more points.

One of the many things I dislike about that Peteism. I wouldn't mind something like "Finish Strong" but to dismiss the start as irrelevant is asinine and hurting this team.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

One of the many things I dislike about that Peteism. I wouldn't mind something like "Finish Strong" but to dismiss the start as irrelevant is asinine and hurting this team.

You know what a "Strong finish" is? Outscoring a team 24-0 in the second half. Never mind going into the half down 31-0 they finished strong.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Unfortunately, we are getting ready to face the Rams w/quite a few injuries. Carson, Avril, Lane, likely Odi all out
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'll jump back onto the "this is a championship team" if we look good in LA and beat a rolling Rams team this weekend.

But if we again to continue to look pathetic offensively against the Ram's D for what feels like 100 times now and lose and go to 2-3 AND fall behind the Rams by three full games in the division? Nope, can't do it.

We are not a hardened road warrior style of team anymore that can slip into the wildcard and get to a SB on the road. We desperately need to be 13-3 or 12-4, win the division and HFA throughout the playoffs.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• sdog1981 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

You know what a "Strong finish" is? Outscoring a team 24-0 in the second half. Never mind going into the half down 31-0 they finished strong.

True. But at least you are not sending the message to those playing that the start is not important. Look at our QB in the first half if people don't think this mantra is not having a negative effect on some players.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    We are not a hardened road warrior style of team anymore that can slip into the wildcard and get to a SB on the road. We desperately need to be 13-3 or 12-4, win the division and HFA throughout the playoffs.

Anymore? The team has only gone to the Superbowl when they have had the 1 seed.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• The window is closed as long as the team keeps trotting out offensive lines like we do. You can't expect to have a running game and to be able to protect your franchise QB when you march out the riff raff we have.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:08 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Anymore? The team has only gone to the Superbowl when they have had the 1 seed.

True, but during those seasons we won all our home games and was able to win 3-4 road games.

That's what I mean, those defenses and Beastmode run games are long gone. We're no longer able to go on the road and grind out wins.

That's what I mean by a good road warrior type style and team that could be a WC and have a chance.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:31 am
  • We won 5 road games in 2015 as well, we were only bad in 2012 and 2016 in the RW era, where we only won 3 road games apiece.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:57 am
  • ludakrishna wrote:Russell is a Tier 3 QB.

BWAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Now that's funny. Delusional, but funny.

You do realize that that Russell Wilson has the second highest passer rating IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL CORRECT? Yep, sounds like a tier 3 quarterback to me.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:32 pm
  • That is pretty entertaining. People STILL don't get how great of a QB this guy is :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:36 pm
  • razor150 wrote:The window is closed as long as the team keeps trotting out offensive lines like we do. You can't expect to have a running game and to be able to protect your franchise QB when you march out the riff raff we have.

Our OL allowed only 6 pressures on 38 pass attempts last week. They did well, despite iffy tackle play.

And our OL wasn't good in 2013 or 2014, either. You just had a RB who could create on his own.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:37 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:That is pretty entertaining. People STILL don't get how great of a QB this guy is :roll:

Wilson is the only QB in the NFL who could have made that across-the-body throw to Lockett. That's the kind of play that wins games.

Just because we haven't in the last couple years, doesn't mean we can't.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:38 pm
  • After coming home from the game and watching the replay, starting with the 2nd half of course, that throw was ridiculous.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• sdog1981 wrote:

This stat says the opposite of what we have all seen and so I'm skeptical of your statement. The Seahawks almost never get blown out(1 game, Packers). And games they get behind they either come back and win or make it very close.

When they win it's usually a beat-down. So you're going to need to explain that stat, cause I've looked and I don't see it.
    Palmegranite
    NET Rookie

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    razor150 wrote:The window is closed as long as the team keeps trotting out offensive lines like we do. You can't expect to have a running game and to be able to protect your franchise QB when you march out the riff raff we have.

Our OL allowed only 6 pressures on 38 pass attempts last week. They did well, despite iffy tackle play.

And our OL wasn't good in 2013 or 2014, either. You just had a RB who could create on his own.

In 2013 we had the highest paid oline in the league. According to football outsiders they were ranked 9th in run blocking and yep...32nd in pass protection. So yes, the run blocking was way better than the last couple years here.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Palmegranite wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:

This stat says the opposite of what we have all seen and so I'm skeptical of your statement. The Seahawks almost never get blown out(1 game, Packers). And games they get behind they either come back and win or make it very close.

When they win it's usually a beat-down. So you're going to need to explain that stat, cause I've looked and I don't see it.

The Panthers and Falcons playoff games

Opening game of the 2015 Season went down 24-13 to the Rams and lost in OT,

Green Bay Packers twice week 2 of 2015 and the 38-10 beatdown last year.

Cardinals 2015 down 22-7 at halftime Then in 2016 down 14-3 at halftime

Tampa Bay 2016 down 14-0

Chargers 2014 down 20-7

Rams 2014 down 21-3

Both the Packers and Titans loss this season

Damn dude why did you make me look this us? Now I am more bummed, this team folds like a cheap suit when they face adversity. Based off of what I just looked up this team seriously lacks the guts that the 2012-2013 teams had, they have become the fair weather team that falls apart once things get tough.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:16 pm
  • If we win against the Rams and play well, one would think this would alleviate some stress and questions. With that said however, there is going to be a rant that the Rams actually were not as good as many thought and actually suck. The mental gymnastics is sometimes sad. The teams in the league are so close to each other(so far), quality wise, that it is hard to judge who is a good team or not.

Personally I will stick with, if we win and play well, that is a good thing. We can build on that. For instance, we beat SF but didn't necessarily play well. Hard to be optimistic but at least we won. We beat a sub par Colt team but we played well overall. Optimistic unless, "we played well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,' doesn't matter Colts suck'."

We owned the NFL in 2013 (I know we had close games but we slammed that season), we didn't own the NFL in 2014 but were very close to owning another SB. Bottom line is the O-line play is looking up and so is the gameplay. Sticking with it until it changes.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• sdog1981 wrote:
    Palmegranite wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:

The Panthers and Falcons playoff games

Opening game of the 2015 Season went down 24-13 to the Rams and lost in OT,

Green Bay Packers twice week 2 of 2015 and the 38-10 beatdown last year.

Cardinals 2015 down 22-7 at halftime Then in 2016 down 14-3 at halftime

Tampa Bay 2016 down 14-0

Chargers 2014 down 20-7

Rams 2014 down 21-3

Damn dude why did you make me look this us? Now I am more bummed, this team folds like a cheap suit when they face adversity. Based off of what I just looked up this team seriously lacks the guts that the 2012-2013 teams had, they have become the fair weather team that falls apart once things get tough.
    I appreciate the effort in your response. And I can say that I had a brilliant rebuttal, countering each of your stats, and in colour I might add. And then I got some weird coding error and couldn't post the response. Suffice to say that in many of the above examples the Hawks did the opposite of fold like a cheap suit. Yes they lost some games in the last two years but never folded or gave up. That cow pasture game in Carolina? They scored all the points in the 2nd half and almost evened the score....etc...etc. Buck up. 10-6 and playoff wins is nothing to sneeze at and absolutely doesn't suggest any closing windows. I'm optimistic. Go Seahawks!
    Palmegranite
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:42 am
  • Given that many good not great teams have won Superbowls, the window isn't closed until you have a crap team.
    NY Giants have 4 rings and i'd only consider one of their wins by a "great" team.
    Make the playoffs, get hot and see what happens. When we stop making playoffs, I'll consider the SB window closed.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie

• Palmegranite wrote: I appreciate the effort in your response. And I can say that I had a brilliant rebuttal, countering each of your stats, and in colour I might add.

That is a bummer because those are the best rebuttals.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Palmegranite wrote: I appreciate the effort in your response. And I can say that I had a brilliant rebuttal, countering each of your stats, and in colour I might add.

That is a bummer because those are the best rebuttals.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Let's try again...

The Panthers and Falcons playoff games OK, let's discuss. Got down early in cow pasture, scored 24 unanswered points in 2nd half. No cheap suit folding.

Opening game of the 2015 Season went down 24-13 to the Rams and lost in OT, Scored 18 4th quarter points to force OT. You can't include this man.

Green Bay Packers twice week 2 of 2015 and the 38-10 beatdown last year. That week 2 game the Hawks actually came back from down 10 to take the lead in the 3rd quarter. And OK, I acknowledged that one Packer game, but I just think back to the NFCC OT win and I feel better. You will too.

Cardinals 2015 down 22-7 at halftime They went 8-2 during that stretch,
    nobody's perfect.
    Then in 2016 down 14-3 at halftime

Tampa Bay 2016 down 14-0 Outlier, held the opposition to 14 pts

Chargers 2014 down 20-7 Wrong season

Rams 2014 down 21-3 Wrong season

They have double digit win seasons in both 2015 & 2016. I'm very optimistic as this year plays out. Go Hawks.
    Palmegranite
    NET Rookie

• Palmegranite wrote:Let's try again...

The Panthers and Falcons playoff games OK, let's discuss. Got down early in cow pasture, scored 24 unanswered points in 2nd half. No cheap suit folding.

Opening game of the 2015 Season went down 24-13 to the Rams and lost in OT, Scored 18 4th quarter points to force OT. You can't include this man.

Green Bay Packers twice week 2 of 2015 and the 38-10 beatdown last year. That week 2 game the Hawks actually came back from down 10 to take the lead in the 3rd quarter. And OK, I acknowledged that one Packer game, but I just think back to the NFCC OT win and I feel better. You will too.

Cardinals 2015 down 22-7 at halftime They went 8-2 during that stretch,
    nobody's perfect.
    Then in 2016 down 14-3 at halftime

Tampa Bay 2016 down 14-0 Outlier, held the opposition to 14 pts

Chargers 2014 down 20-7 Wrong season

Rams 2014 down 21-3 Wrong season

That's it? I thought you were going to count with times they went down by 10 and won. There are no moral victories in the NFL.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Sunday's game will tell us if the window is closed. We have every reason to bring our A game. Let's see if we are a 13 win squad. If so we win comfortably
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• Interesting stat: In the same 2015->present timeframe the Packers have lost 11 games when down by 10 points or more. Q: Is Green Bay's window also closing? Q2: Isn't that slightly a moral victory?
    Palmegranite
    NET Rookie

• NJlargent wrote:Sunday's game will tell us if the window is closed.

It really won't.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    NJlargent wrote:Sunday's game will tell us if the window is closed.

It really won't.

If the Hawks get schooled then what?

The Rams are a hungry team!

Honestly, the core of the Hawks are past their primes.

I believe at best this is a 10-6 team.

Good enough to fight for a playoff spot but won't last long if they do make it.
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Starter

• Remember when the Hawks started 2-4? That season turned out ok.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    NJlargent wrote:Sunday's game will tell us if the window is closed.

It really won't.

If the Hawks get schooled then what?

Then they will still have 11 games left to fight for a playoff spot just like every other team in the league.

A loss in game 5 of the season is hardly the season killer some here are making it out to be.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• The consensus of this board was that we were a 12-13 win team. If we lose Sunday we are not a 12-13 win team, but more like a 10-6 team and recent history suggests we do not win on the road in the playoffs. So I am not sure how this window is not closed if we go 2-3 Sunday. Maybe not literally, but certainly practically.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information