Our Next Opponent...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
We have the Colts at home next week in primetime. Lets face it from top to bottom the Colts are garbage..The HC for some reason still has a job and is really a terrible coach, someone Carroll should be able to plan for and outcoach. They have a relatively new QB (no Luck), Gore is old as F and the only legit threat at WR is Hilton. They have a bottom end defence. In theory this is a team we should destroy...I have zero doubt we win this game. That being said if it close and the offence and o line struggles as it has been for 3 quarters and we are yet again out coached by a mediocre opposition, what does this say for us moving forward? I think next week has to be a statement game by putting the Colts into the ground early and often on both sides of the field. If the same BS continues our next opponent the Rams will embarrass us and for a group of guys who are not used to losing it could get ugly on that sideline and in the locker room. At some point if it does not come together the ra ra style of Carroll will fall on deaf ears. These guys are not 23 anymore, they are grown men making big money now. If we squeak by next week, even with a win, I don't see how this will be an improvement...We need to put a FULL 4 quarters of football together.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Colts are arguably the worst team in the league. This should be a get right game. We are favored by nearly 2 TD's in this game. If we can't beat them by double digits then we may have a problem.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't expect us to destroy the Colts.

This is the game where we need to practice our run offense, even if for 2.5 quarters we suck at it. This is where we have to start getting our run game right, or abandon starting the game with it and use the pass to open up the run from here on out.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The way we are playing I would consider a 2 td win a destruction as long as we play well in every aspect of the game.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
yes we get hot garbage coming into our house, chance to build a little swagger by laying the wood....so expect 12 points, 7 from the defense and a 3 point victory

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3lme3dxo said:
Colts are arguably the worst team in the league. This should be a get right game. We are favored by nearly 2 TD's in this game. If we can't beat them by double digits then we may have a problem.

We were favored by 14 against the Niners too.

For some reason we like to play up to and down to the level our competition.

mikeak

Reaction score
The Colts game will be the matchup of NC State QBs battling it out

Brissett isn't bad but you can count on one or two INTs that game (unless Sherman gets a PI)

Greenhell

Reaction score
Hawks46":1xg2fwep said:

This is the game where we need to practice our run offense, even if for 2.5 quarters we suck at it. This is where we have to start getting our run game right, or abandon starting the game with it and use the pass to open up the run from here on out.

This.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
The Colts actually have a decent run defense so I agree that this would be a good game to try to get that right, if at all possible. If we can run fairly well against them that will help moving forward.

Because this is a primetime home game, I actually feel pretty confident we will comfortably win, but there are certain things I'd like to see us progress on. Running the ball and defending the run are two of those. The Colts will be a decent matchup for our D with Gore and Brissett being mobile as well.

adeltaY

Reaction score
To expand on Archer's point, the Colts are currently allowing 3.3 ypc. They have played the Rams, Cardinals, and Browns, for what that's worth. I'm not sure running against them is gonna work, but who knows? Their pass defense has allowed 278 yards per game and 7.9 ypa, which is terrible. I'm not sure if Vontae Davis is going to play, if he doesn't we should be able to pass pretty well if we can avoid Hooker, who already has 2 picks in 2 games.

Andrew Luck has already been ruled out:

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40003098-4

Optimus25

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wfu868o said:
Hawk-Lock":2wfu868o said:

We were favored by 14 against the Niners too.

For some reason we like to play up to and down to the level our competition.

DINGDINGDINGDINGDING

hawkfannj

Reaction score
We should blow them out but stranger crap happens

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Our last home game was against a pretty crappy team too. We didn't look too damn impressive.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawks46":1ziq77k6 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Pete is likelier to react to a gimme game by reverting to preseason mode and trying stuff.