I remember a San Diego game with high Temps and Humidity

ivotuk

Reaction score
And Pete said "They have to play in it too."

During the game I saw people holding white boards over the players to give them shade. I'm wondering if Pete takes that seriously enough?

It's supposed to be always compete, so what can they do to prepare for that better?

Tennessee was prepared:

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The calendar read September 24, but it felt more like July 24 with 88-degree temperatures and 97-percent humidity that pushed the heat index over 110 degrees inside Nissan Stadium on Sunday.

Don't think for a second that left tackle Taylor Lewan and the Tennessee Titans didn't notice.

"We practiced in it all week," he said. "I looked at the weather in Seattle and it was 60 degrees. So we knew it could be a factor. You could see it wear on them."

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/201 ... t=rrs&or=4

Optimus25

Reaction score
I'd like to use this post to platform a little bit on practice in general.

Are we still the practice gods that the media stories once portrayed? The team that goes hard as hell every day, always competes, always fights?

I just find it hard to believe. If Russell Wilson and this offense was seriously practicing often, hard and competitively, against this defense, then how can we not come out and walk on inferior defensive units?

Is Jimmy going against Kam and Richard?

Does Paul have to fight for high point balls against Shaq and Lane?

Does Carson have to try to shed tackles from Bobby and KJ?

Again, I feel like this area has softened with star power everywhere suddenly.

Mainly I want to know does this Oline have to fend off MB, Richardson, Cliff and Clark every single day? Sundays should be a walk in the park.

Book it. Not happening like it used to.

chet380

Reaction score
If this was a 1:00 PM PST game in TENN. under normal Fall conditions, Hawks win.

IrishNW

Reaction score
If you have ever done any physical activity in extreme heat you know how easily it zaps your energy. There is literally nothing we can do when we have to play in that heat. The only way to combat it is to let your body accumulate which takes weeks.

Seymour

Reaction score
It couldn't possibly have been 97% humidity without rain. The pre game weather conditions given by Fox said 47%. Huge difference there. 45% is average, so IMO this is being overstated as an excuse IMO.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
They were showing whiteboards that the Hawks brought with them to combat the heat. But that only goes so far after you've been on the field after a few minutes.

As far as them practicing, the CBA pretty much took actual hitting away from teams. And as far as I can tell is that it's hurt the players getting ready for actual game hitting when it counts. I hope that's a point of emphasis during the next CBA.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
We have a billionaire owner. An indoor practice stadium that is temperature controlled. We didn't turn the temperature up to simulate playing conditions? Cost too much?

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
The Titans sideline is on the West side of the stadium, and the visitors on the East. The Titans were in the shade for the entire game, while the Hawks were in the sun for the entire first half. Home field advantage indeed.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seymour":2ypj1n1s said:
It couldn't possibly have been 97% humidity without rain. The pre game weather conditions given by Fox said 47%. Huge difference there. 45% is average, so IMO this is being overstated as an excuse IMO.

Correct and verified. A load of BS is being made of the conditions. 88 degs and 39-46% humidity during the game is by no means extreme heat. They practiced at Vmac in record conditions here this summer with similar humidity to that and temps well over 90. It is not going to be all that hotter on a grass field either.

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seymour":1pheaywe said:
Seymour":1pheaywe said:

Correct and verified. A load of BS is being made of the conditions. 88 degs and 39-46% humidity during the game is by no means extreme heat. They practiced at Vmac in record conditions here this summer with similar humidity to that and temps well over 90. It is not going to be all that hotter on a grass field either.

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

Those numbers came from the Titans. And it's not an excuse, nor did I phrase it that way. You must not have read my post.

I'm asking how we can better prepare for weather conditions. Fun fact: Weather effects players in football games.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Seymour":1xnreqfq said:
It couldn't possibly have been 97% humidity without rain.

It could have been, but it wasn't. Relative humidity can be 100% without rain, which is why dew happens. It's not a likely event for the temperature to rise and relative humidity to approach 100%, but it is possible with the right atmospheric changes.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chet380":1ntq16us said:
If this was a 1:00 PM PST game in TENN. under normal Fall conditions, Hawks win.

But it wasn't, and it wasn't, and there is no possible way to know it would have had any difference. What an odd post. Excuses, excuses

Seymour

Reaction score
ivotuk":1uthlgus said:
Seymour":1uthlgus said:
Seymour":1uthlgus said:

Those numbers came from the Titans. And it's not an excuse, nor did I phrase it that way. You must not have read my post.

I'm asking how we can better prepare for weather conditions. Fun fact: Weather effects players in football games.

My apologies if it came off toward you. It's others I've heard using this as "the deciding factor", which I disagree with since both teams have the same issue, and it was hotter than that here this year anyway. Also most players are not from the PNW anyway so many are used to it. Kam, Earl, Bennett, Sherman, Baldwin, Russell just to start right of the top of my head are used to hot environments.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I was at the game and it was extremely hot. As has been stated before the Seahawks side of the stadium was in the direct sun. I seriously couldn't wait for the game to end. The 1st half drug on and on because of penalties. I'm not making excuses, I just think the Titans offense was built for this kind of weather. Our defense was fantastic in the 1st half but they were able to wear us down with the run game with a good mix of Murray/Henry. As soon as the game was over we headed straight to the swimming pool and I was way to beat to continue my Nashville partying. I can't imagine how it would have fealt to play in that weather. The game was a little rough but what a fun city to visit!

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Seymour":24p8t4fe said:
ivotuk":24p8t4fe said:

My apologies if it came off toward you. It's others I've heard using this as "the deciding factor", which I disagree with since both teams have the same issue, and it was hotter than that here this year anyway. Also most players are not from the PNW anyway so many are used to it. Kam, Earl, Bennett, Sherman, Baldwin, Russell just to start right of the top of my head are used to hot environments.

It is not an excuse, we lost because we were outplayed, but TEN had an advantage for practicing in the heat all summer. A few days being in the 90s in PNW isn't the same. Your body acclimates to your environment pretty quickly. The players you mentioned have been in the PNW for what 6+ years? If you aren't training in the heat, especially every day, what does growing up in the warm weather matter?

A positive for this team is that this game will improve their conditioning. Coming home this weekend, they should feel great with the weather being in the 50s/60s.

sutz

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":1orj6s6m said:
The Titans sideline is on the West side of the stadium, and the visitors on the East. The Titans were in the shade for the entire game, while the Hawks were in the sun for the entire first half. Home field advantage indeed.
It's the same at the Clink. ;)

JPatera76

Reaction score
I remember being deployed (a few times) but my 1st deployment specifically, hot as hell I was constantly “tired” or physically zapped for energy. Half the crap I would do became more or less just “through” the motions. As time progressed and more acclimated I became the less of an effect heat had on me.

Point of the story: This isn’t the 1st time Pete and team haven’t properly prepared for weather. And players of the titans definitely noticed.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I hate using weather as en excuse for a loss but if the Seahawks defense wasn't affected by the temps and humidity I will eat my hat.

I have NO DOUBT it played a legitimate factor in the outcome. Watch that 75-yard TD run. Our guys were GASSED. You could see it plain as day.

Not worried about the rest of the season. They will turn it around and get it going, like they always do.

Reaction score
Optimus25":3jp2gvbm said:
I'd like to use this post to platform a little bit on practice in general.

Are we still the practice gods that the media stories once portrayed? The team that goes hard as hell every day, always competes, always fights?

I just find it hard to believe. If Russell Wilson and this offense was seriously practicing often, hard and competitively, against this defense, then how can we not come out and walk on inferior defensive units?

Is Jimmy going against Kam and Richard?

Does Paul have to fight for high point balls against Shaq and Lane?

Does Carson have to try to shed tackles from Bobby and KJ?

Again, I feel like this area has softened with star power everywhere suddenly.

Mainly I want to know does this Oline have to fend off MB, Richardson, Cliff and Clark every single day? Sundays should be a walk in the park.

Book it. Not happening like it used to.
I asked this very same question in a post no one replied to it. I wanted to know if people who watch us at a training camp or practice if our offense is holding up against our defense. Having one of the better defense in the league one would think our offense would be a little more prepared. You always hear people saying we practice against our defense they make us better. So what is going on with our team.