Odhiambo

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I wouldn't limit it to just tackles. I haven't seen a worse starting lineman in the NFL, regardless of position.

But we should have known this because he was godawful last year, and there was simply too much to improve upon to get him to league average. Hence the burning need to draft for the position.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Given that Odhiambo hurt his ankle during the game, I'm pretty sure Tobin or Battle starts at LT this week. Obi's injury gives the coaching staff some cover also if they don't want to hurt Obi's confidence by benching him, as Obi seems to be susceptible to losing his confidence and playing more poorly as a result. Obi probably still has value to the team as a LG/LT backup who can play either position on game day.

Seymour

Reaction score
That is excellent news! That means the Fant was actually better and Cable may have gotten 1 of 5 right. Forget the fact neither was good enough to play in the NFL of course.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Tobin looks like hot garbage too. They managed to find a LT who combines the spastic pass blocking of Paul McQuistan with the flaccid run blocking of Bradley Sowell. Congrats, scouting department.

:irishdrinkers:

KillerB

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":2ys0h2r6 said:
Given that Odhiambo hurt his ankle during the game, I'm pretty sure Tobin or Battle starts at LT this week...

This seems logical. Even if the replacement is "one of the worst half dozen tackles in the league"...it's an upgrade.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
While none of the tackles we've obtained have a net grade that's likely to blow the lid off PFF, it's possible that we might find someone who has a particular arrow or two in his sling that Rees doesn't. That might be all we need. Rees can't even start to mirror in pass protection or hold a bull rush.

OP
OP
iigakusei

iigakusei

Reaction score
I don't think we need Walter Jones - we just need slightly above terrible.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
iigakusei":3rla8hf6 said:
I don't think we need Walter Jones - we just need slightly above terrible.

exactly and I think it's what the coaches were thinking as well, but, damn, we got a bucket load of terrible..

RussB

Reaction score
Odhiambo probably isnt even 3rd string on any other team. And hes starting for us................lol

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I watched this guy pre-draft youtube stuff ... and he was getting pushed around ... just like on these clips.
How in the world they draft a guy like that. he sits one year and still come back so weak ... is just beyond acceptable.
How does he compete again our D-Line in practice?
hawknation2017":1ahvo9b1 said:
https://imgur.com/a/zntt5

nategreat

Reaction score
To think these are all guys Tom Cable has handpicked and helped choose is beyond laughable. And this has gone on for YEARS now.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
My friends get mad when I bring up Cable... The excuse that he doesn't get crap to work with is bull. If he's so great, why can't he at least make a serviceable line? How do you get crap players that remain crappy and be considered a guru?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

hawknation2017

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3vj4e3vs said:
My friends get mad when I bring up Cable... The excuse that he doesn't get crap to work with is bull. If he's so great, why can't he at least make a serviceable line? How do you get crap players that remain crappy and be considered a guru?

Because he's given crap to work with?

Smellyman

Reaction score
-The Glove-":277qbxit said:

Yeah, what are the starters now. 3rd round, 1st, 2nd, 5th and 1st? He is terrible at coaching them and maybe worse at evaluating talent.

ducks41468

Reaction score
So we're 4 weeks in and 2 of the 5 week 1 starters have already potentially been replaced. And yet every year the staff and the homers tell us that we're just young, give it time to build continuity, etc. This is precisely the problem, it's impossible to build continuity when the players are so awful that you lose patience after a few weeks. A lineman needs a base level of competency to be worth investing in to build that continuity and most of the lineman Cable drafts don't come close to meeting that requirement. Wouldn't surprise me if we have 4 news starters on the line next year and we hear the same nonsense.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I never thought Odhi was a good pick regardless of round but then again I'm not an OLine coach. Doubt he ever makes it back to starting after this season.

The injury to Fant certainly keeps on biting the team again and again. Depth at OT is certainly an issue.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":33yj4veb said:
-The Glove-":33yj4veb said:

Because he's given crap to work with?

So do you think this crap just fell out of the sky then?

Or did he possibly have something to do with "we can do this" training of olinemen that Pete, John, Darrell, and Cable all bought into?

Year after year....same ole crap. Pete is a D minded coach. He relies on Cable (assistant head coach) and Bevell to run his offense. Pete lays out the rough parameters, and the others are to make it work. They all have their hand in it, and Cable is #1 in oline decisions.

BTW....Odiambo has a tweaked ankle we will be hearing more about today. We may be onto door #3 anyway.

Latest posts