How Titans exploited Seahawks on DeMarco Murray’s 75-yard TD

Jville

Reaction score
Wyman’s Football 101: How Titans exploited Seahawks on DeMarco Murray’s 75-yard TD >>> [urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/345366/wymans-football-101-how-titans-exploited-seahawks-on-demarco-murrays-75-yard-td/[/urltargetblank]
[youtube]8VsQMiGAJr4[/youtube]

ENJOY!

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":qvfvclqx said:
30th ranked run defense in the league.
Gross.
And they're ranked 32nd in yards per carry. Very disappointing with what was supposed to be an elite line. This defense has progressively gotten worse since Quinn left. 2015 and 2016 weren't so bad, but they still got worse.
I don't want to say much more because I think that's better suited for a different thread.

But thanks for sharing this! I really enjoy these segments by Wyman and Huard.

irocdave

Reaction score
That should have been a 10 yard gain at most. Kam looked tired at the point of attack, then the trailing defenders just didn't have the energy to catch him. I vividly recall Sherman dragging a leg once he got close like his hammy was tightening up.

Say what you want, but the high temps and high humidity along with horse crap offense made the defense wilt. 2 years ago this wouldnt have happened, but you watch the Hawks players trailing Murray on his way to the endzone and it's the older players pulling up. The D is getting old and I say a little complacent. I have never seen Kam get his dick knocked in the dirt and lay flat on his back and wait for a hand up until this past game, and it happened a couple of times. The D is getting long in the tooth and the weather played a big part in their performance. That is my .02 from what I recall seeing.

Hendo66

Reaction score
I was in Caesars Vegas sports book and the place was laughing at this play.
It was like i was watching some other team. No-one wanted to make that tackle.
All i could do was just shake my head. Pretty worried about this team not pulling it together.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Dave and Brock do such a great job with these.

Mean YPC is an interesting stat but don't get too carried away with it. We've surrendered a few long runs and with a sample size of only three games you're better off de-emphasizing outliers both positive and negative. Median YPC is a much better predictor going forwards and although I haven't looked at the numbers I'd bet we are very strong there.