Bulletin board material from the Colts, LOL

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Brissett said he knows the Seahawks have a strong home-field advantage and it won’t be easy for him to call out signals. And he said that in a night game, he’s expecting the Seahawks fans to have had plenty of fun all day long leading up to the game.

“We’re playing at nighttime, so everybody’s drunk then,” Brissett said. “I’m guessing it’ll be very loud.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... very-loud/

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Great strategy by Brissett. He called you lushes 12th man...what are going to do to prove him wrong?! Stay silent?

cymatica

Reaction score
I think he meant to say our o-line looks drunk

Rat

Reaction score
That's not really bulletin board material; he's just saying what happens at night games.

aawolf

Reaction score
Two NC State QB's going at it. It will be fun.

There are four starting right now in the NFL: Russel Wilson, Jacoby Brissett, Mike Glennon, and Phillip Rivers.

Its crazy that we never had any national titles, or even ACC titles, or even ACC championship appearances during that run of NFL-caliber QB play.

mikeak

Reaction score
aawolf":mt7tp93b said:

There are four starting right now in the NFL: Russel Wilson, Jacoby Brissett, Mike Glennon, and Phillip Rivers.

Its crazy that we never had any national titles, or even ACC titles, or even ACC championship appearances during that run of NFL-caliber QB play.

We were one year off

Rivers and Cothcery went in the 2004 draft and our defense was so young. Then at one point in 2005 (end?) we were ranked NO 1

Look at that 2006 draft class -- Williams, Lawson and McCargo all went in the first round........three defensive players

Just really bad luck on timing. If Rivers had been one year later we would have been a contender in 2005. Instead the road went through O'Brien before now trying to right the ship again.........

RCATES

Reaction score
Crowd noise is overrated these days. Most teams have made the proper adjustments to not allow it to have the huge effect it had in previous years. I sit in Club and to be honest 70% of the time everyone is quiet and remains seated. 12's aren't as hungry as we were pre-SB48.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's true. We aren't as loud as we were in past years and opponents unquestionably are not as rattled as they used to be. Hell, we get almost as many false starts at home as the opponent does these days. The silent count has really proven effective for other teams.

There's been a noticeable drop in the highest dB levels in recent years, especially non-sexy matchups. I think winning a Super Bowl did make some 12's more complacent. Like the team, the hunger isn't quite what it was pre-XLVIII.

Now having said that, Century Link is still louder on average than 95% of the other stadiums and domes around the NFL.

The difference is probably 105dB peak on average versus 125+dB peak 4, 5 years ago.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
aawolf":2wj5n0p4 said:

I wouldn't put Brissett or Glennon as NFL caliber QBs. True they are in the NFL but there is dearth of true NFL talent at the QB position. Wilson and Rivers on the other hand are a different story altogether.

Josea16

Reaction score
I say we win 3-2. If you need explanation you have no idea how important an average OL is. Especially if you pay 20+ million plus to your quarterback. He better stand up to Pete and take control or watch the Rams own us for the next 5-10 years.

Go Hawks! :sarcasm_off:

Sad Panda here.

Latest posts