Tom Cable Week 4 Press Conference

Jville

Reaction score
Tom Cable Week 4 Press Conference >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/09/27/tom-cable-week-4-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

Audio Only ... for more limited resources and locations >>> [urltargetblank]http://prod.video.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com/SEA/videos/dct/video_audio/2017/09-September/170927cable-32k.mp3[/urltargetblank]

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thank you for the audio only post! Central Alaska has good connections, but the range is limited. Much easier to download audio only and listen to it that way.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Cable came dangerously close to saying that it's OUR fault that Russ is playing poorly.

It seems that the dude just can't get out of his own way lately. Cable, I mean.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3ktp7shg said:
Cable came dangerously close to saying that it's OUR fault that Russ is playing poorly.

It seems that the dude just can't get out of his own way lately. Cable, I mean.

He doesn't have to confess that fact......WE ALL KNOW IT!!

iigakusei

Reaction score
He has definitely been well trained by Pete to never call anyone out for not being good enough.
Polar opposite to Arians who will throw anyone and everyone under the bus.

adeltaY

Reaction score
So Cable blames Russ' struggles on bloggers and people on twitter for having high expectations, not the OL? I'm not sure what to make of this, either they guy is incapable of taking any responsibility for the dumpsterfire OL or he's trying to cover for Russ?

Vpk0718

Reaction score
If this isn't him announcing his resignation, I'm not interested

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Baby steps, but some progress.

Reality:

LT- rookie back-up level player playing a new position.

LG- new player to the team (1st year in new system) playing a new scheme with an injury that restricted him in preseason.

OC- experienced player

RG- Experienced back-up level player in first season with a new team playing with a new group after being the #2 in pre-season

RT- 2nd year player playing in new position as a pro with uncertain new players on his left

there is no question that the OLine play has been weak, but the above can offer some understanding why they have struggled to start the season. Do not forget that the team pays their Oline the least of any team in the NFL.

Hopefully the progress will continue.

Jville thanks for posting thelinks to the interview.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Vpk0718":g9h17kwj said:
It seems more than a little self important to post simply to let others know that you aren't interested in something.

adeltaY":g9h17kwj said:
or he's trying to cover for Russ?
Of course he's covering for Russ - just like every other NFL coach would unless their team is in the middle of an active implosion and they are laying groundwork for their next job. It's fun for fans to lead pitchfork mobs around when things go wrong but catastrophic for coaches to engage in that sort of behavior. Remember the fallout around Mora calling out our kicker in 2009 when he missed a couple of key FGs that were the difference in the game? It might be accurate but the job of a coach is to manage his team, not to provide accurate information to the media.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm watching the Packers who routinely pick from the same section of the draft as we do without their TOP 5 TACKLES from the preseason and they aren't playing as bad as ours do. Cable is terrible at player evaluation Nowak over Lewis, letting Evans go and he ends up in the pro how, aboushi behind Glow looks like his latest mistake and Pocic on the bench when I would bet money he's an improvement over at least one person starting. I'm over Cable, hes hurting the team not helping.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

adeltaY

Reaction score
AgentDib":28w36pv4 said:
Vpk0718":28w36pv4 said:
It seems more than a little self important to post simply to let others know that you aren't interested in something.

adeltaY":28w36pv4 said:
or he's trying to cover for Russ?
Of course he's covering for Russ - just like every other NFL coach would unless their team is in the middle of an active implosion and they are laying groundwork for their next job. It's fun for fans to lead pitchfork mobs around when things go wrong but catastrophic for coaches to engage in that sort of behavior. Remember the fallout around Mora calling out our kicker in 2009 when he missed a couple of key FGs that were the difference in the game? It might be accurate but the job of a coach is to manage his team, not to provide accurate information to the media.

Yeah but he's covering for him after primarily blaming him for the offensive woes and not saying anything about the line. Like a backhanded compliment.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I switched from Cable a long time ago. Cable tv just sucks-nothing on except tragedies and excuses.

themunn

Reaction score
austinslater25":8ceoszz0 said:
I'm watching the Packers who routinely pick from the same section of the draft as we do without their TOP 5 TACKLES from the preseason and they aren't playing as bad as ours do. Cable is terrible at player evaluation Nowak over Lewis, letting Evans go and he ends up in the pro how, aboushi behind Glow looks like his latest mistake and Pocic on the bench when I would bet money he's an improvement over at least one person starting. I'm over Cable, hes hurting the team not helping.

Rodgers has been sacked more than any other QB this season - that was the case BEFORE the game last night.

seabowl

Reaction score
austinslater25":n9k2rm6b said:

It's not all Cable. When you watch the Packers play you'll see 2 things that the Hawks don't do:

1- Call plays to get receivers open right off the snap (crossing routes, quick slants, quasi pick plays etc...)
2- call plays that get the ball out of the hand of the QB within a second or 2

If your line stinks you can't call plays that take a while to develop. This is part is all on Bevell.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has pocket presence that Russell can only dream about.

That, and Rodgers can accurately flip the ball to an open receiver 35 yards downfield in a moment's notice.

No other QB in the league is capable of some of the throws that he makes.

Seymour

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":221vzi9a said:
Aaron Rodgers has pocket presence that Russell can only dream about.

That, and Rodgers can accurately flip the ball to an open receiver 35 yards downfield in a moment's notice.

No other QB in the league is capable of some of the throws that he makes.

Disagree. Then why does Russell have more hits yet less sacks than Rodgers?

Rodgers (4 games) 15 sacks 27 hits
Wilson (3 games) 7 sacks 27 hits

A QB hit is defined as a play when the QB gets hit while throwing or immediately after throwing the football.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
seabowl":c9nqo3p9 said:
It's not all Cable. When you watch the Packers play you'll see 2 things that the Hawks don't do:

1- Call plays to get receivers open right off the snap (crossing routes, quick slants, quasi pick plays etc...)
2- call plays that get the ball out of the hand of the QB within a second or 2

If your line stinks you can't call plays that take a while to develop. This is part is all on Bevell.

Bevell does this 1) and 2) all the time. He just doesn't do it consistently, and oftentimes not until the 2nd half. That's on Pete.

hawk45

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1wi0go0p said:
Baby steps, but some progress.

Reality:

LT- rookie back-up level player playing a new position.

LG- new player to the team (1st year in new system) playing a new scheme with an injury that restricted him in preseason.

OC- experienced player

RG- Experienced back-up level player in first season with a new team playing with a new group after being the #2 in pre-season

RT- 2nd year player playing in new position as a pro with uncertain new players on his left

there is no question that the OLine play has been weak, but the above can offer some understanding why they have struggled to start the season. Do not forget that the team pays their Oline the least of any team in the NFL.

Hopefully the progress will continue.

Jville thanks for posting thelinks to the interview.

I think everyone understands the reasons for the poor performance. The issue is that you can construct a post like the above every year for the past 3 years, and it will continue next year.

They aren't going to re-sign the awful Joeckel for 8 mil. Aboushi probably isn't the long-term answer at RG. Ifedi isn't guaranteed to improve vs just washing out like Gilliam or all their other tackles. Fant will be coming off of an injury that prevented him from playing an entire season.

So we could well find ourselves in precisely the same spot: new hot garbage everywhere but C. Pocic will eventually succumb to Cable's coaching and suck too. They will improve a little after mid-season when the shuffling finally ceases because we didn't pick the right guys to start the season. But at the end of the season their ceiling won't be high enough to where we keep them all together and the year after will be more of the same.