Do people know the Seahawks record in their last 16 games?

Hyak

Reaction score
8-7-1

In those 16 games, the offense has had SIX games with 13 or less points scored and an additional game where they scored 20 (the Atlanta playoff loss).

In the same span, the defense has had FOUR games giving up 33 or more points and 4 more giving up 23 or more.

Bear in mind that in all of the prior 16 game at a glance games prior, they were 12-4, 11-5, 11-5, 13-3, and 10-6 going back into the finale loss at Arizona in 2011.

Perhaps they turn it around but it sure looks like an average team to me.

Seymour

Reaction score
JTB":1f6lxtya said:
8-7-1

In those 16 games, the offense has had SIX games with 13 or less points scored and an additional game where they scored 20 (the Atlanta playoff loss).

In the same span, the defense has had FOUR games giving up 33 or more points and 4 more giving up 23 or more.

Bear in mind that in all of the prior 16 game at a glance games prior, they were 12-4, 11-5, 11-5, 13-3, and 10-6 going back into the finale loss at Arizona in 2011.

Perhaps they turn it around but it sure looks like an average team to me.

I don't understand this 16 game glance? You give records for all others, well that could be done every week they play since 2011??

So you are mixing this season + last season + playoffs and comparing to what exactly with the others??

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
Simply trying to get a reasonable sample size of the team's play in 16 game increments. Maybe it means nothing but it does seem to pass with the eye test. This is an increasingly mediocre team with some clunkers on both sides of the ball happening way more often than it used to.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
JTB":pnpfl7j3 said:
Simply trying to get a reasonable sample size of the team's play in 16 game increments. Maybe it means nothing but it does seem to pass with the eye test. This is an increasingly mediocre team with some clunkers on both sides of the ball happening way more often than it used to.

I have been witness to way too many mediocre Seahawks teams. Lots of 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 seasons to even list. This rendition isn't at that mediocre level of past Seahawks teams. Are they a great team? We won't know that until January. Are they a good team? Right now, probably not based on record and on field evidence. Are they an overall good team? Definitely top 3rd in league.

Seymour

Reaction score
JTB":vp63bqob said:

So the other records are single season records at end of the season? I don't see last years tie in there, so not sure. I get where you are going, and the trend at face value looks bad, but I don't think we're quite as bad as the last 16 shows since it includes a playoff loss, our usual slow start, and Earl and Lockett being out last year.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Every year is different , It's about the momentum we can put together this year not last
After the playoff loss to Atlanta so many years ago they came back the next year hungry for a championship .
While I don't see that type of hunger now , I do see an effort to be better than they are.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
Seymour - I just started from the last game (Tenn loss) and went back 16 games. Then the next 16 and so on. The irony is that their 16 game views mirrored their season records in large part).

There are absolutely mitigating circumstances to some of the games as always but it was somewhat eye opening that these team has been mediocre for a long stretch and certainly in relation to the prior 5 years.

The other scary thing for me is that the defense is dramatically increasing the number of bad games. In the last 32, they have 7 games allowing 30 or more points in a game (22%). In the prior 64, it happened 7 times (11%) so half as much.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
RussB":1hz0079r said:
Its all over, they are done. The glory days are gone.

Whatever? Heartily disagree, there is a lot of talent on the team as presently constructed yet the results are not as yet meeting expectations. The team is pretty green at a few positions and of course we all know the OLine isn't meeting anyone's expectations.

This type of 'it's over, put a fork in them' negativity seems to indicate to me that you'd be happier following the Patriots or some other frontrunner.

3 games into the season and your Chicken Little schtick is becoming increasingly tiresome. You know you are right because why? Because you hate Pete, Cable, Bevell, Schneider, et. al. or because you have what you believe to be an accurate crystal ball? Maybe so, or maybe not; and for sure you have every right to be negative about everything to do with the team going forward. However every post form you doesn't need to repeat the same refrain. Not all of us here buy in to the Eeyore thing and still believe it's early, this type of slow start has been seen before, and you win at the end of the season not after three games. I think the team will win the NFC-W and could even compete for a bye. Wait and watch, or not, many of us still have hope.

The progress made on O last weekend, if repeated this weekend, will start to clear the clouds of negativity hovering over the team. If not of course you won't be disappointed b/c you already believe the season is over and this will be a losing team.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
hawxfreak":mnfv965c said:
Every year is different , It's about the momentum we can put together this year not last
After the playoff loss to Atlanta so many years ago they came back the next year hungry for a championship .
While I don't see that type of hunger now , I do see an effort to be better than they are.

Too many of the core players are on 2nd and 3rd contracts IMO and getting on the downside of their peak playing years. I am sure they want to win and all but it's not the end all be all it seemed to be in their peak performance years of 2012-2014 and even 2014 was rocky and full of luck (GB handed us the NFCC that year).

Seymour

Reaction score
JTB":u9asd5wv said:
Seymour - I just started from the last game (Tenn loss) and went back 16 games. Then the next 16 and so on. The irony is that their 16 game views mirrored their season records in large part).

There are absolutely mitigating circumstances to some of the games as always but it was somewhat eye opening that these team has been mediocre for a long stretch and certainly in relation to the prior 5 years.

The other scary thing for me is that the defense is dramatically increasing the number of bad games. In the last 32, they have 7 games allowing 30 or more points in a game (22%). In the prior 64, it happened 7 times (11%) so half as much.

Thank you for explaining the numbers. That makes more sense, and is a fair comparison then. I clearly see the trend, I just thought it was a bit less dramatic than that showed. That could be more hope than reality creeping in.

hawksbydesign

Reaction score
The NFL is a copycat league. There's too much film on the Seahawks and every team has figured us out. Our play designs are predictable and we have not evolved or changed.

Seymour

Reaction score
JTB":2657vub3 said:
hawxfreak":2657vub3 said:

Too many of the core players are on 2nd and 3rd contracts IMO and getting on the downside of their peak playing years. I am sure they want to win and all but it's not the end all be all it seemed to be in their peak performance years of 2012-2014 and even 2014 was rocky and full of luck (GB handed us the NFCC that year).

Agree and I've shared the same concern.

A perfect example of this was admitted by Baldwin on a 950 interview this week. He was asked why the slow start. He said he felt that many of the core players are later round picks, and when they get their backs to the wall, they use that pressure and excel as that is much of what drives them.

Problem with that? That means he is admitting they are not playing to their potential, until the sense of urgency kicks in. Not a good sign or a good look. They are acting fat and happy until the bullets start flying. That is called under performing in the real world.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
At some point, the ability to turn it on becomes harder and harder and the other teams are hungrier. Fair or not, it sure seemed like the Titans wanted that game more than the Seahawks did.

hawk45

Reaction score
Seymour":1ma3ddg6 said:
A perfect example of this was admitted by Baldwin on a 950 interview this week. He was asked why the slow start. He said he felt that many of the core players are later round picks, and when they get their backs to the wall, they use that pressure and excel as that is much of what drives them.

Problem with that? That means he is admitting they are not playing to their potential, until the sense of urgency kicks in. Not a good sign or a good look. They are acting fat and happy until the bullets start flying. That is called under performing in the real world.

Yeah I heard that from Baldwin but it sounded like he was just philosophizing an answer there.

Of all the factors in the slow starts shuffling 3/5 or more of the OL is the most obvious. Especially when they aren't shuffling with good cards.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawk45":2y8j7fnr said:
Seymour":2y8j7fnr said:

Yeah I heard that from Baldwin but it sounded like he was just philosophizing an answer there.

Of all the factors in the slow starts shuffling 3/5 or more of the OL is the most obvious. Especially when they aren't shuffling with good cards.

The cards would be fine if someone would just declare jokers wild. :twisted:

RCATES

Reaction score
Well they certainly look like a 8-8 team right now. Thing is they only need to get marginally better to win the division at 10-6/9-7. To then do a repeat of the last 2 years and get manhandled on the road in round 2. This team was toast the moment they paid RW. The guy is extremely overrated and is a low 2nd tier QB getting 1st tier money. I have been watching a ton of film the past 3 weeks and the O-Line is actually blocking the way they are supposed too. Problem is Wilson is dropping back too far to get a visual of the field because he's short and not stepping up into a clean pocket to make accurate throws. All the talk about O-Line play is warranted but Wilson is 50% of the problem.

stizz19

Reaction score
RCATES":1xzbjgxt said:
Well they certainly look like a 8-8 team right now. Thing is they only need to get marginally better to win the division at 10-6/9-7. To then do a repeat of the last 2 years and get manhandled on the road in round 2. This team was toast the moment they paid RW. The guy is extremely overrated and is a low 2nd tier QB getting 1st tier money. I have been watching a ton of film the past 3 weeks and the O-Line is actually blocking the way they are supposed too. Problem is Wilson is dropping back too far to get a visual of the field because he's short and not stepping up into a clean pocket to make accurate throws. All the talk about O-Line play is warranted but Wilson is 50% of the problem.

You lost all credibility here. Have you seen the breakdown of this offensive line? Sure RW is a fault for a number of plays but the O-line has not been doing their job consistently, if at all.

stizz19

Reaction score
RCATES":dclh4ebf said:
Problem is Wilson is dropping back too far to get a visual of the field because he's short and not stepping up into a clean pocket to make accurate throws..

Also a clean pocket? The inside pressure is immense on every play, not just the outside pressure. Guys are practically stepping on his feet upon snap.