But.... we start slow...

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Why do we as fans except This as Ok? And what is,the reason behind it? New England doesn't need 4 plus games a year to get into form... isn't that what the preseason is for? So fellow 12s.. Why the slow starts and why are you ok with them?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I'm not ok with it. I think it stinks and has been a major shot in the foot this year and the past two most obviously. What am I gonna do about it? Stop watching...stop buying products...no game tickets..?

I'm just taking the bad with the good.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Who has said that they are fine with this?

Many here are preparing to jump ship, or have concluded the championship window is now closed,etc.,etc..

It's definitely not OK. In fact it sucks :pukeface: and is hard to understand.

RussB

Reaction score
Just a few homers say that its ok, most on here know that this team could seriously be falling off and championship chances are fading away.

Josea16

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3bmpquav said:
Why do we as fans except This as Ok? And what is,the reason behind it? New England doesn't need 4 plus games a year to get into form... isn't that what the preseason is for? So fellow 12s.. Why the slow starts and why are you ok with them?
New England is 2-1 and is going to lose more games soon just like Green Bay and Tennessee for that matter. In the latter game Houston eats them for dinner as usual. I get that you guys love the Seahawks and the NFC but the AFC is full of really good under the radar teams, 2-3 are even good enough to smack the Patriots down anyplace, anytime and have proven it.

I live in Chiefs Kingdom so I know and the Seahawks better fix their shit quick if they plan to compete against real teams, let alone elite teams like Kansas City, Oakland and Denver all of which can bitch slap New England. Or Atlanta. Green Bay they handle outside Lambeau easily. That team is nothing without Aaron and homefield advantage exactly like us and Wilson.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2w8akzz2 said:

Many here are preparing to jump ship, or have concluded the championship window is now closed,etc.,etc..

Oh this is crap. It has been written multiple times on this forum telling us to "calm down, relax, chill out, don't jump ship, stop freaking out we always start off slow" and has been touted for at least the past two years.There is a thread on here right now quoting an ESPN article about this very issue.

I'm not freaking out or jumping ship but I have a problem with the way the team has started the past 3 years and as a bonus I'll throw in the TJack 2011 year.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
seahawkfreak":2fjkrkpv said:
jammerhawk":2fjkrkpv said:

Oh this is crap. It has been written multiple times on this forum telling us to "calm down, relax, chill out, don't jump ship, stop freaking out we always start off slow" and has been touted for at least the past two years.There is a thread on here right now quoting an ESPN article about this very issue.

I'm not freaking out or jumping ship but I have a problem with the way the team has started the past 3 years and as a bonus I'll throw in the TJack 2011 year.

Trill.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Why does it matter what fans "except" or "accept" about the team? No one here is changing it.

Now.. believing It is ruining the season is another thing.

Throwing around the term "homer" at those who aren't pissing and moaning is just another way of pissing and moaning. Doubt many Seahawks fans are content with the team right now. Some aren't going to let it ruin their football season quite yet. To each their own. Some of you squeeze toothpaste from the top of the tube.. (which is just insane and wrong and you're a jerk if you do.)

sutz

Reaction score
Because Pete is a boxer. The first few rounds you dance around, you trade some punches, you study your opponents, and you study YOURSELF. If your goal is the Super Bowl, a loss or two in September won't hurt your chances that much. Sure, it kills your chance of going undefeated, but how realistic of a goal is that? Accepting the fact that nobody really knows their own team completely on September 1st isn't giving up on the season.

Sorry if it disturbs some fans' feelings, but the annual "We're falling apart!" protests from the peanut gallery are as predictable as our slow starts. Kind of go hand in hand, as it were. Declaring that it won't get better this season is also a typical fan reaction. Much like the old days, when predicting a weekly loss would make you right more times than not, eventually these predictions of the team's demise will also be correct.

Me? I'll believe it when I see it. For now, I'm still enjoying the ride.

Oh, and I don't do fantasy football or Madden, so stats don't mean that much to me and I don't dream up pie in the sky scenarios of trading for a super star at every position by next week.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
sutz":kfvv4hc5 said:
Because Pete is a boxer. The first few rounds you dance around, you trade some punches, you study your opponents, and you study YOURSELF. If your goal is the Super Bowl, a loss or two in September won't hurt your chances that much. Sure, it kills your chance of going undefeated, but how realistic of a goal is that? Accepting the fact that nobody really knows their own team completely on September 1st isn't giving up on the season.

Sorry if it disturbs some fans' feelings, but the annual "We're falling apart!" protests from the peanut gallery are as predictable as our slow starts. Kind of go hand in hand, as it were. Declaring that it won't get better this season is also a typical fan reaction. Much like the old days, when predicting a weekly loss would make you right more times than not, eventually these predictions of the team's demise will also be correct.

Oh, and I don't do fantasy football or Madden, so stats don't mean that much to me and I don't dream up pie in the sky scenarios of trading for a super star at every position by next week.

Those loses mean much more when your team has proven it needs hfa to reach the super bowl

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3g5stvvn said:
New England doesn't need 4 plus games a year to get into form...

Yeah? What was the Patriots record after four weeks during the 2014 season?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m pretty the Hawks don't need to box around, they know who they are, they know who their opponents are. You only box when you don't know who you are or what you have... so I stand corrected, we do box cause after 4 years we still don't know what we have.

NJlargent

Reaction score
We are not New England and should not compare ourselves to them. They are the best run and coached team in football. We are not even close to that. We are (perhaps were) a good team because of our players, not because of our orgnization.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
How many teams started this season with only 1 starting O-Line player (Britt) and 4 scrubs new to their positions and/or the NFL game? I believe that the OL-mess has been the reason for the slow starts over the last few years. The 4 preseason games are used primarily for player evaluations, the limited hitting practices where they walk thru their assignments is also a joke without actual hitting. The only real practice time left for the Hawks OL is the first 3-4 regular season games because it takes that long for the OL to get up to speed and actually play together as a unit. IMO-The Hawks will be fine as the season goes along and a few details get worked out, including better OL performance.
:smilingalien:

RussB

Reaction score
sutz":395rb9n9 said:

These games are important, they all matter in the end when you are trying to secure a first round bye. And this team needs one. They are not winning 2 playoff games on the road no way.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
We really have no choice but to "accept/except" it. It is what it is.

People probably use this as a form or coping with the slow starts, and have noticed it's a patten with the his team under coach Carroll. They play pretty average in September, very poor on the road in September, then they get better after that point, according to past seasons

StoneCold

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3noighqp said:

Not sure what you mean by "accept". What should I do? We do start slow. While past performance does not predict future returns, it seems silly not to acknowledge the way this team starts, especially in light of how they finish. This idea that we will never reach the SB without HFA is only a projection of your current disappointment. I would love for us to start out strong, but we didn't. We're 1-2 with 13 games to play. I have no control over what the team does, so I ask again, what am I supposed to do?

rcaido

Reaction score
Last year we started 4-1....

2013 - 4-0
2014 - 3-1
2015 - 2-2
2016 - 3-1

This year not so good with 1-2 but that could have easily been 2-1, plus this coming game against the colts is highly in our favor. We will probably be 2-2.

Just to compare your so beloved Patriots

2013 - 4-0
2014 - 2-2
2015 - 4-0
2016 - 3-1

Only one game difference...Patriots could easily be 1-2 if Houston didn't fall apart at the end last week.

*edit*
Rams were 3-1 last year & ended going 4-12....

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RussB":2x9ikm29 said:
sutz":2x9ikm29 said:

These games are important, they all matter in the end when you are trying to secure a first round bye. And this team needs one. They are not winning 2 playoff games on the road no way.

So, how many losses are acceptable, then? 1? 2? Because unless you expect your team to either go 19-0 or be denounced as a good team (which is silly), you're gonna lose some games.

If you have to lose games, Tennessee is a good opponent to lose to. They're a quality team, with excellent coordinators on both sides, and their being an AFC team reduces the damage to us in postseason tiebreakers.

Everybody wants to be the Patriots. Everybody wants to float in and out of every week and not have to deal with the slightest doubt that their team is Super Bowl-bound. I agree it'd be a nice existence. I agree it'd be better for my blood pressure and that I don't like the current offensive struggles. But not even the Patriots win the bloody Lombardi EVERY year. Confidence doesn't equate to victory. Eventually you have to execute in two vital January games, and even the Patriots don't always manage that.

Jville

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2bph24mt said:
.......... So fellow 12s.. Why the slow starts and why are you ok with them?

This message forum is open to the public at large with all it's diversity. So reactions vary greatly. They may even resemble the distribution of a bell shaped curve. Although, I've never sought to graph it.

Speaking strictly from my life experiences, I think that how we build our family, career and community shapes us. I work at both sustaining tasks and project building during the week. Familiarization with project launches affords an understanding of annual Seahawk builds. The early weeks consist of getting to know each other and beginning the process of building project structure and management. It takes a few weeks to start building momentum. And, there are typically some surprises along the way. So, some of us at dot net are familiar with projects and project start ups. As such, we understand the importance of taking the time to get off to a solid start. Because, it is the finish and the end results that matter. For successful results, appropriate patience at project beginnings is a virtue for the realization of collective and individual greatness from team members. Growth in team greatness is the vehicle for great achievements.

In the case of the Seahawks, building greatness is an annual process. It is the Seahawk life cycle.