Better make a statement today

johnnyfever

Reaction score
We are playing one of the worst teams in the league today. The Rams in their current state are going to destroy us and take the division in our current state. I am watching the plays they are running, and they really have a good OC. Tons of misdirection which has lead to guys wide open with green in front of them. Man I wish we had some of this. We always talk about execution to get separation, but as other teams show, the offensive plays drawn up leave men way more open than being able to be a few hundredths of a second faster.

We are superior to rams in talent by the eye test, but these friggin coaches are really holding us back. Get a damn offensive line coach already. How many seasons of zero development does Pete, John and Paul put up with before they say enough is enough. I will say though the rams left guard seems to be as much of a turnstile as ours.

Side note, texans beat the titans 57-14, so there is that. Didn't look near as good as when they played us, which is telling. We make teams look pretty good so far.

The Colts are atrocious (although same record as us), and we are in serious need of a confidence boost. Hopefully if we don't absolutely destroy them our offensive coaches wake up to the fact that "waiting for it to gel" isn't a good strategy. We are going into a hostile rams stadium playing a team next week that already leads our division by 2 games, and looks much better than we do right now.

Sick of hearing how we accept that we suck for the first half season, AKA slow start, and the "slow starts" are getting worse not better.

I realize all this has been hashed out in thousands of posts here, but watching other teams play really puts it into perspective how much the coaches are woefully inadequate.

Let's come out of this game with a solid win and no injuries.

And of course, fire Bevell, fire Cable, please sweet baby jesus. This marks the finish of the first quarter of the season. Won't even have a chance at wildcard if we keep this crap up.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'm not going to set myself up for that though. Hoping for a win first and hopefully there will be positive play from the players that the team can build on. Two things I really want to see stopped right now are dropped balls and stupid penalties.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":39piuz9n said:
I'm not going to set myself up for that though. Hoping for a win first and hopefully there will be positive play from the players that the team can build on. Two things I really want to see stopped right now are dropped balls and stupid penalties.

We have always had a problem with stupid penalties. Not sure why but I gave up on that one a while ago. Dropped balls needs to stop yesterday though.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
This Seahawks offense just doesn't have enough talent. I could easily see us take a step back this year. The Rams look much better than us in almost every category. Sorry folks but were no longer a lock to win the division or even make the playoffs not with this team. When we beat a good team then i'll believe we have a legit shot this season to win the division .

cymatica

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":anhtg1qm said:
This Seahawks offense just doesn't have enough talent. I could easily see us take a step back this year. The Rams look much better than us in almost every category. Sorry folks but were no longer a lock to win the division or even make the playoffs not with this team. When we beat a good team then i'll believe we have a legit shot this season to win the division .

There's talent, just zero creativety and innovation. Every damn play is telegraphed with damn near zero misdirection.

What happened to zone read? Why not find some good plays that have a zone read look and fake you out. I have seen us use that a couple times then we never see it again. I saw what looked like zone read looks last season when Wilson was injured, the worst time for it. Now he's lean and healthy again, so freakin use it. Just let him keep the damn ball and run him out of the danger zone, which is what I am calling the area around our oline until Cable is gone or changes his philosophy.

The offense always uses a "safe" vanilla scheme as their base, not nearly sprinkling in the no huddle or any deviation nearly enough. Way, way, way too many long developing routes for a shit oline, and play action all the time when it makes zero sense. We need a quick, 3 step, west coast rhythm offense.... Not a ball control offense. Why? Because either we blew it in player acquisitions for our style or our coaches are behind the 8ball.

Our defense should carry the team, I 100% agree. The problem is our offense is so inept that they are carrying more burden than they should, on a consistent basis.

We could argue scheme or execution until we are blue in the face. But for a league that favors offense, and for a team with the same oc coach and qb, there is something seriously wrong to be seeing these results. It goes beyond slow starts or oline needing to gel. Our offensive philosophy is way too stale and it seems like Bevell out thinks himself too much.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's astonishing how many people aren't factoring in the drops.

At. All.

crosfam

Reaction score
As for a statement - I'd settle for a 7-6 victory. This is not an election, we don't have to campaign for the playoffs. We need to win games, get better, and get to the postseason - hopefully ready to make a run at it. This time of year, we always have some teams that look great, others less so. A few always switch places by the end of the year.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The Jets aren't as bad as everyone thought they were, the 49ers aren't as bad as everyone thought they were, and no, the Colts aren't as bad as everyone thinks they are

It's easy to just repeat the talking heads but they're wrong. We won't have a clear idea of how bad some teams are until mid-season. We all swore the Rams were terrible at the beginning of the season

So to me, the Texans victory over the Titans mean nothing, other than the fact that Deshaun Watson is a stud with a better o-line and offense around him. I expect to thrash the Colts, but I don't buy that they're a terrible team. That's simply Andrew Luck homerism

RussB

Reaction score
Yep, its time to separate and show this team is still elite. Colts are BAD. They have bad defense and offense, might be worse than the browns to be honest. If this game is competitive hawks have problems, they need to dominate today and get back on track.

Good teams dominate bad teams 90% of the time.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
We'll barely scrape up a ugly win.. if all goes as before.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":16mu1vdn said:

At. All.

Are you talking about the interceptions by our opponents, or the passes to our guys. :2thumbs: Goes both ways, and this is not the core issue that will hold us back. The majority of those drops happened in wet weather by normally sure handed receivers. It was a one game failure, not a systemic problem.

Yes, we had drops, and that needs to be changed, but going 7 quarters before a touchdown shines some light on some larger issues. The drops happened in one of the 3 games that actually had a major impact. How many snaps were wasted because of complete lack of offensive strategy for a piss poor line vs a few drops.

Drops haven't been a consistent issue so until they are, how about focus on the issues we have had for years. Even when we don't drop we don't look right. Can't pass or run protect, can't mitigate for a poor line with short passes in the soft spots of the zone quickly, can't seem to develop plays with misdirection in the backfield to open the hot routes. Once you make the defenses respect the intermediary soft zone, they have to back off the line which opens up the run. All good teams do this and it is what dug us out of a whole in half of 2015. Develop your strategy to accentuate your strengths, not shine a bright light on your weaknesses.

Dropped balls haven't plagued this team for multiple years. That is why most of us don't see it as one of the main things holding us back going forward.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3tcwaz52 said:
Sorry folks but were no longer a lock to win the division or even make the playoffs not with this team.

That's never been a thing, no matter the season.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
johnnyfever":326veyzs said:
MontanaHawk05":326veyzs said:

At. All.

The majority of those drops happened in wet weather by normally sure handed receivers. It was a one game failure, not a systemic problem.

There were five drive-killing drops against Tennessee, four against the 49ers.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
We won the niners game, lost the Titans game. What happened in the Green Bay game? Seems other things have had WAY more of an impact by the numbers, record and eye test.

I'm just pointing out that these drops aren't normal, and aren't near the top of the list as to why we are in trouble.

To answer your question in your first post, that's probably why no one is mentioning them.

If it becomes a recurring thing at these numbers then yes, you can add that to the long list of issues to fix. Myself, I see it as an isolated incident right now.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
RussB":xmjja7o9 said:
Yep, its time to separate and show this team is still elite. Colts are BAD. They have bad defense and offense, might be worse than the browns to be honest. If this game is competitive hawks have problems, they need to dominate today and get back on track.

This is not true

sutz

Reaction score
Scorpion05":28428oot said:
RussB":28428oot said:

This is not true
75% of statistics quoted on the internet are made up as the poster types.

:mrgreen:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm expecting a win. Our talent and coaching staff is superior to the Colts. Plus we're st home, where the architects of our team have made us pretty much indestructible. I'm liking the Hawks without prejudice.