Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

McKissic: A Star Is Born

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: McKissic: A Star Is Born
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:51 pm
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:52 pm
  • Seafan wrote:He was born in the preseason and never should have been inactive. That is effing criminal.

He's the best offensive player on the team with CC out.

Whoa there.. pump those breaks. We dont have a single player on offense that even comes close to approaching russell wilson... not even close.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:13 pm
  • Prosise and McKissic much different in style, Mckissic quick twitch and can cut on a dime, is on top of you before you know it and can make a move or fake without losing speed. Prosise a long strider, not much in fakes other then shoulder dips, more power then quickness, has good speed once he gets his legs going, Mckissic zero to warp in a couple steps.

Both great receivers, not surprising since both are receivers or were. Mckissic will be good at cut back runs and he has that ability to run sideways if you will, sort of like Lynch, His durability and size will be measuring stick of his career, although we have seen bigger and stringer go down left and right in Seattle the last few years also. He has that spark and change of pace and look that is a little Rawls with the quick hit and lateral ability, but won't make contact and drive a guy off or have the leverage to do a good stiff arm with his lack of size. What makes him a great addition is if the defense isn't paying attention when he comes in after seeing a Lacy or Carson, Prosise is that he can be in the hole and past you before you know he has the ball given a initial gap to hit. Once he is moving North and South doubt you catch him and if your one on one in front he will have a good chance to have you reaching for air.

Very much the pure sense of why we wanted Harvin, 40 speed and football speed are different, this kids football speed is top end.

Not a guy to wrap a offense around but a guy that can create a momentum shift or a quick hit score if you need something big fast.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:20 am
  • toffee wrote:
    Megatron wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:Difference is Percy had 4.29 speed and McKissic has 4.59 speed. I do see the resemblance though.

Please show me evidence Harvin ever ran under 4.3. I don't think so boss.

McKissic is faster than 4.59 for damn sure.

Harvin was rumored to have run between 4.2 and 4.3 in college but at the combine he ran 4.41.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/percy-harvin?id=80425

McKissic wasn't invited to the combine but from his pro day he ran 4.57 average, not much faster than 4.59.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89917&draftyear=2016&genpos=WR

But he does look like he runs faster than his 40 time would lead you to believe.

Some run fast with ball in game situation, some don't. Jerry Rice wasn't real fast on track, but often fast enough in game time during his prime. That being said, it's only ONE game folks, let's not over react.

I was going by this link which listed 4.29 as his low 40-time, but yes, he "only" ran 4.41 at the combine but I believe he was not fully healthy at the time:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=WR

Not sure how that site gets its data I was assuming he ran faster at his pro day.

His wikipedia page says he ran a 4.32 in HS but yes that's HS.

As far as McKissic, I haven't seen anything that says he's run much faster than 4.59 - that was from his pro day.

Of course we are talking track times and not full pads and whatnot, but as a pure track athlete Harvin is simply in another class speed wise. There's a reason McKissic went undrafted and Harvin was a first round pick.

None of that matters now... we are lucky to have him. Just pointing out that there is one glaring difference between the two players (well, two if you count what's going on upstairs), and that is their track speed.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:16 am
  • hawknation2017 wrote:Image

Colts need to cut that safety, he jumps out of the way of McKissic!
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:11 am
  • He's such a versatile player, really was stoked to see him in there. If I was Rawls or CJ, I'd be very concerned.
    Of course, those guys actually getting on the field is another story.......
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:23 am
  • Megatron wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:
    evergreen wrote:Dude looks like Percy Harvin in his prime.

Difference is Percy had 4.29 speed and McKissic has 4.59 speed. I do see the resemblance though.

Harvin was rumored to have run between 4.2 and 4.3 in college but at the combine he ran 4.41.

McKissic wasn't invited to the combine but from his pro day he ran 4.57 average, not much faster than 4.59.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89917&draftyear=2016&genpos=WR

But he does look like he runs faster than his 40 time would lead you to believe.

I think a lot of good football play get overlooked or dismissed because some folks are micro focused on combine & Pro Day numbers.....Steve Largent was far from the fastest Receiver, yet quick enough to make it into the HOF.
    Debating over two or three tenths of a second?
    I do agree that it would be nice to see a little better sample size with McKissic, but he has impressed with what we've seen so far.
    What I don't get?, is why some folks try so hard to taking the wind out of the sails of other posters in here. LOL
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:15 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Megatron wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:Difference is Percy had 4.29 speed and McKissic has 4.59 speed. I do see the resemblance though.

I think a lot of good football play get overlooked or dismissed because some folks are micro focused on combine & Pro Day numbers.....Steve Largent was far from the fastest Receiver, yet quick enough to make it into the HOF.
    I do agree that it would be nice to see a little better sample size with McKissic, but he has impressed with what we've seen so far.
    What I don't get?, is why some folks try so hard to taking the wind out of the sails of other posters in here. LOL

But his arms are an inch longer!
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:10 pm
  • themunn wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:Image

I'm a Seahawk fan and that poor play resulted in a TD for my team, but that was so poor it still makes me angry. Pathetic.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:02 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Megatron wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

I wasn't trying to take the wind out of anybody's sails. I am super stoked about McKissic. I'm just saying he's not EXACTLY the same player as Harvin. In the end I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has a better career than Harvin. Having him is a huge huge win. I'm actually drooling at the thought of both him and Procise in the backfield at the same time. Defenses will crap their pants.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:49 am
  • Angry about a touchdown? Ok.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:33 pm
  • Seafan wrote:
    He's the best offensive player on the team with CC out.

After only one ( 1 ) game? That's prophetic. Jesus would be jealous.
    I'm a licensed Altar Boy, so I can say that with impunity.
    Journalism is dead, it's been replaced by creative writing aka fake news.
    Critical thinking is pretty much dead too. I miss the hearsay rule.
    The concept of "ethic" has been stripped from the Journalism curriculum.
    Rocket
    * .NET Attention Whore *

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:29 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    themunn wrote:

I'm a Seahawk fan and that poor play resulted in a TD for my team, but that was so poor it still makes me angry. Pathetic.

That's interesting since Hawkblogger thought that play was an act of poor sportsmanship on Pete Carroll.

It's was 4th and 3 and Russ lobs it up kind of like a punt. Two Colts nearby and McKissic goes and gets it. Nothing unsportsman about it IMO. The Colts come out and still try to make first downs after that drive.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:32 pm
  • Well, if someone doesn't like a team "running up the score" then stop it from happening.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:30 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Well, if someone doesn't like a team "running up the score" then stop it from happening.

Exactly. These guys are pro's, if you can't handle it, maybe pro football isn't the career for you. I expect teams to run the score up on the Hawks, if they can. If they don't, then they are begging to lose. With Russ, Doug, and this defense, flat out crazy not to run the score up.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:35 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    themunn wrote:

As "bad" of a play that may have been for colts d, it is even better of a throw by Russ, and a great adjustment back to a throw by J.D. he is a young guy, with next to zero pro experience.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

McKissic: A Star Is Born
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:49 pm
  • Seafan wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    themunn wrote:

That's interesting since Hawkblogger thought that play was an act of poor sportsmanship on Pete Carroll.

It's was 4th and 3 and Russ lobs it up kind of like a punt. Two Colts nearby and McKissic goes and gets it. Nothing unsportsman about it IMO. The Colts come out and still try to make first downs after that drive.

Hawkblogger apparently doesn't understand Pete's philosophy on going for it on 4th down late in games when in field goal range. He feels it's actually more likely the other team has a chance to get a stop and prevent more points from being scored vs. trying a FG and almost ensuring additional points go on the board. It's a very defensive-coach way of looking at it. Give their D a chance to stop us and they can't say we're running it up.

Unfortunately for the Colts, Russ saw an opening and went for it and JD made a great play.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:23 pm
  • That was an excellent play and one they had designed/intended for Prosise. A fast RB 1:1 matchup with an LB.

I hope to see this in the Hawk arsenal in the future:

Two TEs(Graham, Willson), Lockett as the lone WR and 2 backs (Prosise and McKissic).

Before the snap Graham goes wide and Prosise and McKissic line up on the line. Choose your poison.

Hopefully use it when the other team has no timeouts. Seeing a double TE set and two backs they will suspect power run. With only two CBs on the field RW will likely have more than one place to go for a TD.
    Last edited by Seafan on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:41 am
  • Seafan wrote:That was an excellent play and one they had designed/intended for Prosise. A fast RB 1:1 matchup with an LB.

I hope too see this in the Hawk arsenal in the future:

Two TEs(Graham, Willson), Lockett as the lone WR and 2 backs (Prosise and McKissic).

Before the snap Graham goes wide and Prosise and McKissic line up on the line. Choose your poison.

Hopefully use it when the other team has no timeouts. Seeing a double TE set and two backs they will suspect power run. With only two CBs on the field RW will likely have more than one place to go for a TD.

I mean, that sounds almost too straightforward and logical.

Odds of us never seeing it?
    Lwrb25
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:43 pm
  • Smellyman wrote:
    Hawkstorian wrote:Bold Prediction:

McKissic will finish his NFL career with a total of 2 combined TDs.

Post Of The Day

A week later these 2 posts are still interesting. Strange how some will try to always knock down a new player who excels if they weren't from the best football pedigree-i.e. school and draft status and/or pro day times.

McKissic already has more TDs than Prosise in his career and contributed again today with 3 nice receptions. He's already a very solid 3rd down back at the least and can stay on the field and take a hit unlike Prosise who's nursing yet another boo-boo.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:47 am
  • West TX Hawk wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

Post Of The Day

A week later these 2 posts are still interesting. Strange how some will try to always knock down a new player who excels if they weren't from the best football pedigree-i.e. school and draft status and/or pro day times.

McKissic already has more TDs than Prosise in his career and contributed again today with 3 nice receptions. He's already a very solid 3rd down back at the least and can stay on the field and take a hit unlike Prosise who's nursing yet another boo-boo.

Oh, and he is a credible WR type as well. :2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:38 pm
  • West TX Hawk wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

Post Of The Day

Not knocking him at all. Thought the comment was funny. I hope he has a long and great career. I could care less where his pedigree is from, nice to throw that in my face. I am the one who says you never draft on potential, but just draft already good football players. You certainly inferred a lot for me writing POTD.

But a thread calling him a star after two plays is ridiculous.

And why do you have to knock down Prosise just to hype up McKissic?
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:03 am
  • It's his opinion that he'll be a start. Here's to hoping he's correct..... :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:52 am
  • He also has 2 potential TDs missed due to early game RW jitters and overthrows. He is always being covered by a safety or LB and that is a big mismatch. With his speed and agility, he should be target #1 if that happens to be the coverage.
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:13 am
  • Seafan wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    themunn wrote:

The sun rises in the east. In other news, Hawkblogger overreacts to something. Details at eleven.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Previous

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information