Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

McKissic: A Star Is Born

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
McKissic: A Star Is Born
Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:50 pm
  • Awesome game! McKissic has some impressive explosion!
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Re: McKissic: A Star Is Born
Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:02 pm
  • I liked what I seen out of him tonight. Looks fantastic, maybe give him extra reps in practice. Lacy & McNasty kissic could be the duo we were looking for.

Mckissic could be that diamond in the rough
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:05 pm
  • Rat wrote:Awesome game! McKissic has some impressive explosion!

Glad we found a spot for him on the roster. I know some people thought we didn't need him but with the way the injury bug has hit us that versatility is huge.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:10 pm
  • Kid is quick and elusive. :2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:13 pm
  • Dude looks like Percy Harvin in his prime.
    evergreen
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:15 pm
  • Lacy = Czonka, Czonka much better should have been Carson, Mckissic = Morris, Rawls Kiick, three headed monster.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 pm
  • It's what I've noticed last year that really put me on to him as a player...

He can be so smooth that his suddeness as a "jitterbug" type back looks like normal running. Like he's running in slow-motion yet faster than the defenders that have to tackle him.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:19 pm
  • He was born in the preseason and never should have been inactive. That is effing criminal.

He's the best offensive player on the team with CC out.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:20 pm
  • Not enough of a load to really judge, but I'm intrigued to see more. Had a couple reaaalllyy subtle open-field moves that I like, and that adjustment to Wilson's pass was a thing of beauty.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:21 pm
  • Seafan wrote:

This is insanity.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:26 pm
  • Ok. He's explosive and made a couple great plays, but a star is a complete player or tips the field. He'd need to become an infinitely better between the tackles runner to become a star, but is a nice tool in the toolbag.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:26 pm
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:It's what I've noticed last year that really put me on to him as a player...

He can be so smooth that his suddeness as a "jitterbug" type back looks like normal running. Like he's running in slow-motion yet faster than the defenders that have to tackle him.

PERFECT description.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:28 pm
  • Seafan wrote:He was born in the preseason and never should have been inactive. That is effing criminal.

WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:35 pm
  • Suddenly glad we held on to him, especially with Procise's injury history. I don't think he is or will be a star, but provides a solid backup option at a few spots.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:44 pm
  • We'll see what he can do moving forward, depending on how many touches he gets. Kind of seems like a combination of Darren Sproles (in his prime) and CJ Prosise to me.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:45 pm
  • WestcoastSteve wrote:
    Seafan wrote:He was born in the preseason and never should have been inactive. That is effing criminal.

I love Doug Baldwin but the next time he takes a hand off behind this OL and scores a TD from 21 yards out will be the first. McKissic is a play maker. The Hawks needs to get the ball into his hands every game.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:52 pm
  • Or catch 90+ or lead the team in td catches or maybe even throw a td. Doug is second only to Russ on this team...truth
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:02 pm
  • Is he even gonna be active if Prosise is healthy?
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:26 pm
  • Missing_Clink wrote:Is he even gonna be active if Prosise is healthy?

The question should be will Prosise be active if McKissic is healthy. Time to move on.
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:38 pm
  • Seafan wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote:Is he even gonna be active if Prosise is healthy?

The question should be will Prosise be active if McKissic is healthy. Time to move on.

I think we will keep both. Procise will be favored because he is a much bigger version of McKissic; both are special players, and great third down backs.
    Netskier
    netskier
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:43 pm
  • Missing_Clink wrote:Is he even gonna be active if Prosise is healthy?

When would Prosise ever be fully healthy and if so, for how long? McKissic was ultra impressive out there with a burst we haven't seen in quite awhile. It's almost criminal they haven't used him until tonight with pure speed like that. I hope they integrate him into the gameplan as both a change of pace back, 3rd down back and split him wide. And he returns kicks too. Very versatile and can't wait to see him more.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:08 am
  • Seafan wrote:
    WestcoastSteve wrote:
    Seafan wrote:He was born in the preseason and never should have been inactive. That is effing criminal.

I love Doug Baldwin but the next time he takes a hand off behind this OL and scores a TD from 21 yards out will be the first. McKissic is a play maker. The Hawks needs to get the ball into his hands every game.

Sounds like we might have found our next Chris Mathews??? You have to love what the guy did today but pump the brakes a little bit!!!
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:50 am
  • Seafan wrote:He was born in the preseason and never should have been inactive. That is effing criminal.

Wilson Baldwin No E Jimmy are all better offensive players than him come on now.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:13 am
  • Seafan wrote:He's the best offensive player on the team with CC out.

He's nice, but let's not get carried away.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:18 am
  • Incredible burst of speed. Be interesting to have him take a jet sweep instead of "No E"
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:22 am
  • We should be using him the way the Chiefs use Tyreek Hill or how Washington uses Chris Thompson. Script 5 or so plays each game that are "McKissic" plays. Draws, quick screens, whatever. See what he can do on a regular basis.
    RobBaker7714409
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:25 am
  • SlickRick wrote:I liked what I seen out of him tonight. Looks fantastic, maybe give him extra reps in practice. Lacy & McNasty kissic could be the duo we were looking for.

Yeah could be a great one if we played the Colts 16 games a year. Carson was the hammer this team needed and he gets hurt running the ball late in the game with the team up big. Why not get Lacy some carries and save Carson. Lacy needed some exercise since he wasnt even on the active list the week before. Teams can prepare for McKissic they wer having trouble stoping Carson. He could have been resting up for next Sunday and now he will have all year to rest. POOR COACHING! SOUND FAMILIAR!
    Cc5674
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:33 am
  • How McKissic was actually ahead of Chris Carson is also up for debate....I think Mike Davis (assuming he's still on Practice Squad), can replace CC in that role, mixed with some other backs....I don't see Rawls having that burst of two years ago like he had at Cincinnati in 2015 and other games that year.

McKissic, Prosise, Davis and Lacy are the healthiest group that doesn't need massive holes to gain yards....
    NewJerseyHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:50 am
  • Cc5674 wrote:
    SlickRick wrote:I liked what I seen out of him tonight. Looks fantastic, maybe give him extra reps in practice. Lacy & McNasty kissic could be the duo we were looking for.

Yeah could be a great one if we played the Colts 16 games a year. Carson was the hammer this team needed and he gets hurt running the ball late in the game with the team up big. Why not get Lacy some carries and save Carson. Lacy needed some exercise since he wasnt even on the active list the week before. Teams can prepare for McKissic they wer having trouble stoping Carson. He could have been resting up for next Sunday and now he will have all year to rest. POOR COACHING! SOUND FAMILIAR!

You seem upset. I hope posting this same thing over and over in multiple threads makes you feel better.

Football is a very physical, violent game. Injuries happen. Yesterday was a pretty bad day in the NFL with lots of guys going down. If you get this upset when players get injured, maybe football isn't for you.

Again, Carson is a rookie. He still has a lot to learn. He needs his reps. There is no substitute for live game reps. It's not like you're going to listen to reason anyway so I have no idea why I'm bothering.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:03 am
  • McKissic had a heck of a 1st 10 plays on the field including 2TD's. I like what I see from him, very explosive and illusive runner.

That said "a star is born" is a great example of how over reaction Monday's can work both ways.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:11 am
  • Cc5674 wrote:
    SlickRick wrote:I liked what I seen out of him tonight. Looks fantastic, maybe give him extra reps in practice. Lacy & McNasty kissic could be the duo we were looking for.

Congrats!
    You have 41 posts here and have already become a broken record.

It was an injury that happens in the NFL. I am as critical as anyone on coaching, and Carson getting injured is NOT on coaching dude.

He is a rookie that needs reps, we needed to run the ball to kill clock, and he got hurt.

Unfortunate accident. END OF STORY.... So drop the madness please. :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:24 am
  • Cc5674 wrote:

You keep posting this same thing, and it's as inaccurate now as the first time(s). Early fourth quarter with a lead is *exactly* when you want your money back carrying the ball. Bad luck on the injury but having Carson on the field was the obvious call.
    SeaChase wrote:One thing I noticed,well in my opinion,is that Wilson isnt a good passer.
    KillerB
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:32 am
  • This thread is a nice reminder that not all opinions are created equal.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:43 am
  • Seafan wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote:Is he even gonna be active if Prosise is healthy?

You are aware that Prosise has demonstrated every bit of the explosiveness Mkissic has shown, over a larger sample size right? Does that 75 yd TD run ring a bell? How about the 150 yards he racked up in Foxborough last year?

I just came in here to say, in addition to his offense, did anyone else see him come flying in on the 2nd INT? He came flying in like a bat out of hell to try and make the tackle on that. Great hustle.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:35 pm
  • evergreen wrote:Dude looks like Percy Harvin in his prime.

Difference is Percy had 4.29 speed and McKissic has 4.59 speed. I do see the resemblance though.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:47 pm

So McKissic is in another remake?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:48 pm
  • A-Dog wrote:
    evergreen wrote:Dude looks like Percy Harvin in his prime.

Difference is Percy had 4.29 speed and McKissic has 4.59 speed. I do see the resemblance though.

Please show me evidence Harvin ever ran under 4.3. I don't think so boss.

McKissic is faster than 4.59 for damn sure.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:55 pm
  • Cc5674 wrote:

You've said this a few times now.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:11 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:

I actually thought that was two dudes kissing at first. Then I was like, why would they have two guys kissing in the 60's? Then I realized it was Barbara Streisand, and threw up in my mouth a little.

As to the over-reactions:

Yes, McKissic certainly looked good against a tired Colts defense. But Rawls and Prosise have looked good, and Turbin looked pretty good for a while too. I'm not judging him at all until he's played a full season.

Carson looked really good, but he got injured in week 3. They say health is a skill. To me, Carson while being great so far this season, just reminds me of Rawls. A couple flashes of greatness and then injured.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:12 pm
  • CC hasn't replied much. I suspect he's been tombstoned. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Come on, man...
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:34 pm
  • As someone pointed out, Doug Baldwin is the best offensive player on this team.

If the team could figure out how to execute HB screens, McKissic would be great for that, but we don't seem to be able to.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:48 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:

Harvin was rumored to have run between 4.2 and 4.3 in college but at the combine he ran 4.41.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/percy-harvin?id=80425

McKissic wasn't invited to the combine but from his pro day he ran 4.57 average, not much faster than 4.59.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89917&draftyear=2016&genpos=WR

But he does look like he runs faster than his 40 time would lead you to believe.
    Megatron
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:06 pm
  • Anyone have access to McKissic a TD run, with PC face?
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:14 pm
  • I hope they use him a lot if Procise is a no go because like Procise he doesn't tip the defense.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:14 pm
  • Bold Prediction:

McKissic will finish his NFL career with a total of 2 combined TDs.
    * NET Staff *

Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:22 pm
  • I'm gladly eating some crow. I was wrong about McKissic. I questioned why he was on the roster. Even if this is the only game he produces at least for one week he proved his worth. Congrats on a great game JD.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:31 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:Bold Prediction:

McKissic will finish his NFL career with a total of 2 combined TDs.

Post Of The Day
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:30 pm
  • Megatron wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:

Harvin was rumored to have run between 4.2 and 4.3 in college but at the combine he ran 4.41.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/percy-harvin?id=80425

McKissic wasn't invited to the combine but from his pro day he ran 4.57 average, not much faster than 4.59.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89917&draftyear=2016&genpos=WR

But he does look like he runs faster than his 40 time would lead you to believe.

Some run fast with ball in game situation, some don't. Jerry Rice wasn't real fast on track, but often fast enough in game time during his prime. That being said, it's only ONE game folks, let's not over react.
    toffee
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:45 pm
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information