It was the Colts

chris98251

Reaction score
We were suppose to destroy them, fact is it took a half to still get going worries me, Rams are a real threat, this line making no name players look like all stars is a problem, not having Carson is a problem, who even threatens to run with the power, pass block and receive like he can on any given play.

Happy with a win, not declaring us division champs let alone a Super Bowl Champ at this point.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Great point. The first real test comes at LA next week. There is no consistency with this team yet. I think we can win against anyone and lose frustratingly to anyone.

Man, it was so great to see the defense put up some scores and lock down the opposition for the entire second half. I think the team really needed that. As bad as he was in the first half, Russ balled out in the second half.

King Dog

Reaction score
I've got hopes (not high lol) for Rawls getting back to form. Being completely garbage in the first half is what worries me.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Every great team has a bounce back win. On the other hand, I've watched enough football to see the Patriots struggle against teams like the Bills and Jets(when they were BAD), or the Packers struggle against the Lions(when they were terrible), or the Patriots losing to a team like the Browns years ago but going to the Super Bowl

Honestly I can't understand the black and white football thinking around here. This was a GREAT win

Seanhawk

Reaction score
The first half was ugly, but there is nothing they could have done to avoid this post.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Yea I mean the Hawks finally put away maybe the worst team in the league after playing like crap for a half, meanwhile the Rams beat the Cowboys in Dallas. The Rams are the best team in the division this year.

Jville

Reaction score
This could become an epic thread by the legion of gloom and doom.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2qr8nlrh said:
Every great team has a bounce back win. On the other hand, I've watched enough football to see the Patriots struggle against teams like the Bills and Jets(when they were BAD), or the Packers struggle against the Lions(when they were terrible), or the Patriots losing to a team like the Browns years ago but going to the Super Bowl

Honestly I can't understand the black and white football thinking around here. This was a GREAT win

They improved when they went Power Blocking scheme. You really think Cable and Bevell are going to change their preferred scheme? It takes being forced like in looking like shit at home on national TV to have them make adjustments, they did and it worked because they did adjust tonight.

sutz

Reaction score
Jville":2a6477ui said:
I know. Yesterday it was "We have to make a statement because they suck."

Now it's, "Well sure we won big, but it was only the Colts."

:34853_doh:

Seafan

Reaction score
No doubt it was the Colts with their young QB substitute. RW isn't playing well this season which now makes two in a row. The OL is a pile. The defense played better tonight and they are going to have to be dominant the rest of the way for the Hawks to have a chance at a wild card. It takes too long for Bev to get going.

The Rams are going to man handle the Hawks.

Rat

Reaction score
It's better than losing to the Colts.

There are certainly concerns arising from this game, although most of them were concerns we already had.

This wasn't like the Niners game though, where we just kind of hung around and sucked less than the opposition. The team looked inspired and confident in this second half, and that is encouraging regardless of who it happened against. Maybe that was the momentum we needed to get this season on track.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":14huc967 said:
Yea I mean the Hawks finally put away maybe the worst team in the league after playing like crap for a half, meanwhile the Rams beat the Cowboys in Dallas. The Rams are the best team in the division this year.

Well we certainly didnt put away the winless niners like this did we?

Too early to declare the Rams as the best. They are playing well for sure. Only 4 games in though.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seafan":nhp0n5do said:
No doubt it was the Colts with their young QB substitute. RW isn't playing well this season which now makes two in a row. The OL is a pile. The defense played better tonight and they are going to have to be dominant the rest of the way for the Hawks to have a chance at a wild card. It takes too long for Bev to get going.

The Rams are going to man handle the Hawks.

Um, what?

The colts came in near top 10 in the league against the run and the oline carved out some really nice holes. They also did a decent job of giving Russ some time.

Oh and you are giving the Rams WAY too much credit. They will likely be a 3-4 point favorite at home, and given the eye test I would give them the edge, but manhandle?

Cmon man.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Whatevs, if this season has taught us anything thus far its any team has a legit chance to beat the other.

Only 1 undefeated team 4 weeks in. A KC team that's played only 3 games.

I said this to a friend with whom I was watching the Broncos game with:

"It kind of feels like anyone's league at this point"...

at least the among the majority of the 25 teams that have 2-3 wins.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1d6gwulk said:
Jerruh's kids may not make the playoffs this year. Their defense is beyond horrible and their O-line this year isn't much better than Seattle's outside of getting away with tons more holding.

After saying that, the Rams offense is looking lightyears better but they've played some real crap defenses.
Their defense is looking surprisingly bad though, although I'm sure our OC will make them look like world beaters at least in the first half.

Jville

Reaction score
sutz":2xz5v7zq said:
Jville":2xz5v7zq said:
I know. Yesterday it was "We have to make a statement because they suck."

Now it's, "Well sure we won big, but it was only the Colts."

:34853_doh:

It has become something of a daily serial ......... "The Doom and Gloom Chronicles".

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Agreed.

This was the Colts.

This is not a win you openly celebrate all High and mighty.

The Hawks defense still has issues on 3rd downs.

Offense continues to be sporadic.

A reminder this was a home game.

The Hawks weakness continues to be predictable playcalling, getting off the field on third downs and blocking teams with a good front four.

The Rams will give the Hawks all they can handle and more.

Take off your homer glasses people, this isn't the 2012/2013 Seahawks.

adeltaY

Reaction score
There's no way this Colts team is the worst in the league. Maybe with Tolkien, but with Brissett they are at least competitive. Browns and Niners are worse for sure. Bengals might be too. Jets are probably as well.

I agree that thus far there is no dominant team. The league is up for grabs and the Hawks still have a chance to take it. It starts in LA.

Seafan

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":29kapphb said:
Agreed.

This was the Colts.

This is not a win you openly celebrate all High and mighty.

The Hawks defense still has issues on 3rd downs.

Offense continues to be sporadic.

A reminder this was a home game.

The Hawks weakness continues to be predictable playcalling, getting off the field on third downs and blocking teams with a good front four.

The Rams will give the Hawks all they can handle and more.

Take off your homer glasses people, this isn't the 2012/2013 Seahawks.

Agreed. Plus the Hawks will be outcoached as usual. Russ and Bev start too slow. If the Hawks give the Rams a quick start it will get ugly. That Ram DL will destroy the Hawks early and Bev won't be game planning for it. He never does.

netskier

Reaction score
chris98251":cf56sm6m said:
We were suppose to destroy them, fact is it took a half to still get going worries me, Rams are a real threat, this line making no name players look like all stars is a problem, not having Carson is a problem, who even threatens to run with the power, pass block and receive like he can on any given play.

Happy with a win, not declaring us division champs let alone a Super Bowl Champ at this point.

My bartender told me during the game that Pete was worried that we might not be able to block their defensive line, because they are better than the news media believes. Chris Collingsworth corroborated this when he commented that he could not get over how much improved the Colts DL was this year. I am extremely pleased that the blocking is improving.