Jimmy Graham (My Opinion)

Gio

Reaction score
I really like this dude. He had few drops the last 2 games , but its hard to forget what he did last seasons ( 2 TDs against Bills , that game against Steelers). He's a talent and we cant use him properly.

Here we can see the reason.
WyU5 i10SxGgFfPe3gA37A

He could be a monster in the red zone and we just dont know how to use him (actually Bevvell doesn't know). So why dont we trade him and use that 7.9mil (his base salary for 2017) to improve the areas we are weak ( since we dont fire Bevvell ) ?!? What is that managing staff thinking ?

*Luke Willson is a great player, but Jimmy has the talent*

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He was directly involved in both passes that were intercepted. Both of the passes hit him in the hands. He's a very good player but he was acting like "Kearse" for the most part yesterday. Need him to do better than that.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
People have been saying this since he was acquired. It's pretty apparent that the Seahawks do not know how to properly use him in the endzone so I am not expecting anything to change. His trade value at this point would not be very high.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham = square peg Seahawks = round hole.

It doesn't fit, so pound on it until it hurts or get rid of it.

Boycie

Reaction score
HawkFan72":pn9g0pyt said:
People have been saying this since he was acquired. It's pretty apparent that the Seahawks do not know how to properly use him in the endzone so I am not expecting anything to change. His trade value at this point would not be very high.

Line him out wide.....end of story.

Own The West

Reaction score
The guy is, was, and always will be soft. He won't block, doesn't fight for the ball, has never broken a tackle his entire career...

People complain about us not using him correctly, but he's fundamentally incompatible with our supposed football mentality.

Quite frankly, I think we'd be a better team without him. As it is, his potential keeps him on the field where he's a liability in the run game and a bad example of "Seahawk Football" in the locker room.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I dont buy the soft talk, Jimmys takin some of the biggest hits out of anybody on this team and he's still going up for balls in the middle of the field where you're going to take those shots. You can see when a guy loses the will to take those hits, they start short arming/ alligator arming reachable balls, he simply had one ball underthrown to him that he didn't have a play on and the other he whiffed, it was a bad whiff and all on him but that is going to happen. You throw that to him and more times than not hes making a play, we just got the day he popped it up. Pinning that first int on him is nonsense, try being 250+ with all your momentum moving towards the sideline anticipating a pass and it's underthrown and floated no less, there is no way he contorts himself or is nimble enough to come back and make a play there. It's easy to imagine sitting on your couch, step on the field and make that play, that was all Russ as the 2nd one was all Jimmy.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
What to do with Jimmy Graham?
- First of all, cut ODHIAMBO.
- Then, trade Graham for a stud left tackle. Probably not possible, then use his salary next year (or even 2/3M more) with a stud tackle (look at what happened to Ram's OL with Whitworth). But no, probably our hiper-clever FO will concentrate in trading back "n" first round picks to get "n"x3 5th rounds ...

BadgerVid

Reaction score
On the first interception, it looked to me like Jimmy gave up on the play. Any other Seahawks receiver would have gone for the defensive player and probably at least make him come down out of bounds...Jimmy just watched and then turned to follow too late. I am just about over Jimmy.

djb28

Reaction score
Why dont they watch some Saints footage or ask Jimmy how they used him?. Things cant be this hard!

razor150

Reaction score
BadgerVid":2qp374jq said:
On the first interception, it looked to me like Jimmy gave up on the play. Any other Seahawks receiver would have gone for the defensive player and probably at least make him come down out of bounds...Jimmy just watched and then turned to follow too late. I am just about over Jimmy.

There is no way Jimmy Grham would have been able to do the change of direction needed to break up that interception. He was running one direction, and the ball was tipped away from him. Basic physics says people are expecting the impossible here. People just can't admit that Wilson floated an underthrown ball to Graham. Once this board turns on a player everything becomes their fault.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
We have all been clamoring for Russ to "throw it up and let Jimmy make a play" myself included. Maybe Jimmy was shocked the ball was actually thrown to him while being covered. I thought there was a clear lack of effort on both plays during the game. Now I think it was just dumb luck. We will need Jimmy Graham if we are to make the playoffs.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
smashmouth59":33crsphj said:
We have all been clamoring for Russ to "throw it up and let Jimmy make a play" myself included. Maybe Jimmy was shocked the ball was actually thrown to him while being covered. I thought there was a clear lack of effort on both plays during the game. Now I think it was just dumb luck. We will need Jimmy Graham if we are to make the playoffs.

i totally agree. he is a talent , no doubt and we want to make it to the playoffs we will definitely need a Red Zone monster , since we don't have it. Scoring 10-16 TDs and dropping to 2-6 , having 86-99 receptions and with us only 48-65 is a big difference. By watching those 12-19 20+ yds reception , you understand what kind of player he is. He is a red zone target , and we need to take advantage of him , if we want to score from the 1st half and not punting the ball most of the time + being contenders for the SB. We have a great D , just we need to fire up our Offense.

massari

Reaction score
Gio":2aza0tmv said:
So why dont we trade him and use that 7.9mil (his base salary for 2017) to improve the areas we are weak
I've been wondering the same thing since last spring when stud OL's were still left in the free agent market....

fRkmaS5.gif

We can only hope for a Duane Brown now....

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Gio":2e7joojv said:
I really like this dude. He had few drops the last 2 games , but its hard to forget what he did last seasons ( 2 TDs against Bills , that game against Steelers). He's a talent and we cant use him properly.

Here we can see the reason.
WyU5 i10SxGgFfPe3gA37A

He could be a monster in the red zone and we just dont know how to use him (actually Bevvell doesn't know). So why dont we trade him and use that 7.9mil (his base salary for 2017) to improve the areas we are weak ( since we dont fire Bevvell ) ?!? What is that managing staff thinking ?

*Luke Willson is a great player, but Jimmy has the talent*
I think we have to recognize and stop complaining that the Seahawks don't use him properly.

This Seahawks regime probably would ruin most offensive players skill sets.

They are just inept in using offensive players to their best abilities.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm a big Graham fan as well, but he flat out has to catch that 2nd one. It was in his hands, and his effort to break up the 1st pick was pretty weak. He made up for it, but overall, sometimes it looks like he's just going thru the motions.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1g1s4ysy said:
Our coaching staff have some serious issues ....and how to use some players is #1.

Maybe #2.

Their inability to evaluate and draft offensive line talent is #1.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkFan72":djivdmg5 said:

How is Jimmy dropping balls and continuing to fail to make plays "not using him properly?"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
First time I could really say I was disappointed in his play. Very little effort in knocking the first one down, and flat out dropped the other.