Would you believe it....

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawks have elevated themselves into the top 10 for team offense -
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/team-stats

The scoring efficiency number and red zone scoring pct needs improvement but they are trending up in the scoring dept after past two weeks. Also the defense account for 12 points in last nights game (2 def tds). Still the offense had their biggest output of the year so far - 34 pts. Not too shabby.

Not saying their offensive woes are over but they are improving...so that's a positive.

evergreen

Reaction score
We looked kind of bad in first half. But lit it up in second half. Nice to see Russell not suck. And nice to see some defensive domination.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The second half explosion happened when Coach Bevell started using quick developing plays that forced the Indie D to respect the quick pass helping the OLine as they didn't have to block as long. It workedand was looking good.

Hawks46

Reaction score
If you look at it, our points, yards and rushing yards have trended up every week so far.

Some of the upward trending can be attributed to the opponent, but it shows a similar curve to other years for our offense (excluding last year, where our rush yards never really improved).

We're getting beat up on offense though. Carson is out. We're on our 3rd LT, which might not be a bad thing. Tobin is experienced at least. Odhiambo is still learning.

We'll see where we stand next week. The Rams are looking good this year and they typically give us fits. The weird thing is their defense looks really off, which could be a good thing for us.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That Wilson TD run gave the whole team a spark. You could see the whole team snap out of their funk after that one.

It remains to be seen if that will be a season turning point or just a turning point in that game, but I like what I saw.

Seymour

Reaction score
Having just played 4 games, 1 good outing (1/2 outing in this case), is enough to skew the stats into some false pride.

If this is a top 10 offense (in first 4 games production) , this league is in serious trouble.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4k1q9i3w said:
Why not just enjoy a 4 touchdown win? :2thumbs:

I enjoyed 1/2 of it. :2thumbs:

Tough to enjoy beating the hapless Colts with their backup when you drop 4 starting players for at least multiple games. :(

mistaowen

Reaction score
The second half against the Colts was a great reminder of earlier Seahawk seasons. The defense feeds off the offense making explosive plays, like when Marshawn would bang through four defenders to get a big first down. Russell taking the big hit to score a TD absolutely got the defense fired up, something I haven't really seen from them on the sidelines in awhile. Need to see this angry Russ out there more often.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya Seymour. Even I was incredibly negative at the half, like pretty much everyone I know.
Just felt like enough of this slow start crap. Turns out the team was mad too. Wow.
Seeing Russ get fired up was the start of it. And it looked like the Seahawks we know that can be. I don't care who they were playing, they were possessed. I think most assume Pete is just a rah rah guy, but behind closed doors, I get the feeling he will tear a new one in to the players.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Offensive improvements may be something worth smiling about but the real hurt comes when you click on that little box that switches the screen to the defensive stats.

Only one top 10 entry... TDs scored by the defense - 2. Both came in the last game.

I have always believed that in footbal no stat stands alone. As Seymour points out that the offensive stats here are highly impacted by the 2nd half of the Colts game, so too are the defensive stats. Time of possession has played a large part in the defensive failures.

Let's hope the statistical improvement on the offense leads to a statistical improvement on defense. The next game will reveal a lot.

Edited for spelling. I hate proof reading after submitting and seeing that.