Bittersweet symphony.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Do they still run out to this at home games?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
[youtube]mWH6tSLXZp0[/youtube]

At 58 seconds on this video of the Hawks-Colts game. It seems they have drastically reduced the length, but perhaps regular attendees will chime in that it varies from game to game or something.

I recall hearing it has special significance to the Allen family and will always be played before Hawks games as long as Paul Allen is the owner.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
They literally play 10 seconds of it, if even that, just before player introductions. It is a nice nod to the past, and you would hardly even notice it, if you didn't know when to listen.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Yes they still play it. It is very short and inconsequential. I'm ambivalent.

Optimus25

Reaction score
After 48 we should have went ahead and adopted sad but true by Metallica.

I swear i can't think of 1 thing i would change in that whole viewing experience start to finish. When 49s entrance was not nearly as awesome, i got crap vibes.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It's even worse than my college hockey team's skate out song... "Last Resort" by Papa Roach. At least it had nice rhythm and music, but skating out to a suicide song always seemed pretty awful to me.

Still would prefer it to BS

ivotuk

Reaction score
It needs to go away. The band got sued by the Rolling Stones because bittersweet symphony was a ripoff of one of their songs. So it's not even real, and it just brings back a sore spot in Seahawks history.

This is a completely different team, philosophy, front office, players, everything.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
ivotuk":2n0z5nj2 said:
It needs to go away. The band got sued by the Rolling Stones because bittersweet symphony was a ripoff of one of their songs. So it's not even real, and it just brings back a sore spot in Seahawks history.

This is a completely different team, philosophy, front office, players, everything.

Interesting; I hadn't heard that before. Which Stones song did they rip off?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It's from a, somewhat obscure, instrumental version of "The Last Time."

[youtube]MKC5cdGBY04[/youtube]

[youtube]eM2b9CcH1KM[/youtube]

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The Stones didn't sue the Verve, the Verve asked the Stones for permission to sample the strings section from the Andrew Oldham Orchestra version. They had already secured permission from Decca Records (Andrew Oldham Orchestra), but didn't think to get permission from the Stones until after they finished recording the album.

The Stomes manager agreed in exchange for full publishing rights to the song. Part of the deal included Richard Ashcroft, the Verve lead singer and lyricist for Bitersweet Symphony, signing over hisl lyricist rights for $1,000.

The song went on to be a bittersweet success for the band.

Barakas

Reaction score
They need to change their starting song to "Achy Breaky Heart" because that is what happens to me every Seahawks game!!!

That Rams ending....WOW!