Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Rams)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This week I really, really want to pick with my heart. As has been discussed from my other thread, this game could be the turning point - good or bad - for the story of how this season ultimately unfolds. These ain't your Fisher's Rams anymore. They are playing more cohesive, especially offensively. Their new coach has lit a fire and they have responded.

Their defense is giving up a lot of points and can be scored on. Their front 7 will always be a problem for us so our OL may appear to take a step backwards this Sunday. We have 4 starters that may not be playing including Avril. In order to beat the hot Rams and even the division race at 3-2 a piece we need a strong performance in all 3 phases for 4 quarters.

My homer prediction would be Seahawks by 3, but the Rams always play us tough and Rams road wins are hard to come by these days. I am still in "Prove It" mode when it comes to the Road Hawks.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 24 - Rams 27

Aros' Fearless Record: 4-0

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Same old story. Bevell dillies around in the first half (on Pete's orders) and gets Wilson pummeled, they come roaring back on offense in the 2nd, but by then the winded defense has started giving up big runs to Gurley.

It won't be a blowout - the Rams only scored 20 against the only decent defense they've faced so far. And I'm not too worried about the injuries - we have depth at every position that's hurting, and I don't think Rees can be downgraded upon.

But they always play us hard, and their strength (DL) hits our weakness (OL) perfectly, and Pete won't deploy the appropriate countermeasures until we're way behind. Our second-half comeback falls short.

SEA 23
LA 26

YTD: 2-2

RussB

Reaction score
Havnt had a wrong pick this year yet, not bragging or anything.

21-10

Seahawks

Hopefully im right again.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1jx1dwa9 said:
Same old story. Bevell dillies around in the first half (on Pete's orders) and gets Wilson pummeled, they come roaring back on offense in the 2nd, but by then the winded defense has started giving up big runs to Gurley.

It won't be a blowout - the Rams only scored 20 against the only decent defense they've faced so far. And I'm not too worried about the injuries - we have depth at every position that's hurting, and I don't think Rees can be downgraded upon.

But they always play us hard, and their strength (DL) hits our weakness (OL) perfectly, and Pete won't deploy the appropriate countermeasures until we're way behind. Our second-half comeback falls short.

SEA 23
STL 26

I bet this proves to be the most accurate prediction of how the game unfolds. In fact, I will be rather surprised if it's not.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2pzcfof2 said:

SEA 23
STL 26

No matter what happens, one thing is Certain: STL will not score a single point. :)

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seahawks: 20
Rams: 24
Record: 3-1

Rams defense isn't coming off as elite this year as they have in the past. That being said it does not take an elite defense to stop this Seattle offense.

Rams offense is scoring points and a legitimate threat this year and it's gonna take more than running up the score on a bad Colts game to convince me. Seattle needs to be consistent. If they can handle the rams the way they did the Colts then I'll start to believe this team is making an effort.

StoneCold

Reaction score
We will embarrass the Rams 43 - 13 and Russell Wilson will not be sacked. Unfortunately only a few in Seattle and LA will see it.

Go Hawks!

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this game a lot. Don't expect it to look anything like previous Rams games, as McVay is an offensive minded head coach and they are scoring in bunches and giving up points almost as quickly. The Rams D-Line has been generating a lot of pressure with 12 sacks so far, but they are also playing poorly against the run and opponents are averaging 4.9 YPC.

Vegas projects a 24-23 Rams win. I would take the Hawks and the under if I had to bet on it.

RCATES

Reaction score
Temps in the 80's and on grass on the road usually doesn't go well for this team. But something happened last Sunday night. An awakening if you will. Hawks 24-14.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I just can't pick the Hawks to win this week based on past experience with the Rams. Their D-line is going to wreck shop.

Seahawks 16
Rams 24

My Record to Date: 3-1

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Rams have our number and they are better this year offensively. Donald could break the nfl sack record in this game. 27-10 Rams.

Ytd 4-0

RCATES

Reaction score
Cyrus12":14whrqi7 said:
Rams have our number and they are better this year offensively. Donald could break the nfl sack record in this game. 27-10 Rams.

Ytd 4-0

Jeff Fisher had our number. Go look at the score and the numbers on the Fisherless game at the end of last year.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seahawks 17
Rams 20
RTD 2-2

Unfortunately, the combination of the Rams always playing Seattle tough, playing on grass, and playing in the heat will just be too much to overcome I think. If anything though, I just hope they at least do not let Gurley beat them... Make Goff throw the ball to win (and not to Gurley on screens all day). If LA wins with Gurley being held to under 70 yards (total) I will be impressed. Sadly, it seems Pete doesn't like to gameplan to take away 1 specific player like Belichick does. So I expect Gurley to end up with his yards (85 rushing 60 receiving 2TD) and be the difference.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If Seattle is to win....they will have to put up some points in the 1st half. If the game is close at halftime, then the Hawks win by 3 points. If it is 17-3......not looking too good.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Hawks 31
Rams 17
If we quick slant and play call half as well as we did last week , it's gonna be a blow out
I think our teams tired of losing to these fools