Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Long time coming: Joining the Seahawks board

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Well as the post title says, it's bout time I join up here. No, I'm not a Seahawks fan, my loyalties lie with the Rams. However, I'm a big advocate of football, I love and respect the game. Now, with that said, not one of you will EVER see me make ANY post personal. No, that's disrespectful and not what any fan forum needs. Plus, I'm sure there is enough of that going on anyways.

My main reason of joining is because I love football as I stated. Also, since you guys are in our division, it would make sense to talk with fans that know their team much better than I. Sure, there are outside perspectives all over networks, but only the faithful can see and know what's going on with the depth chart and schemes.

Anyways, I look forward to posting.
    JRobinson
    NET Bench Warmer

• :greetingsearthling: Welcome aboard! Always good to hear from fans of rival teams. If you've been around monitoring us, you'll know we have several posters from Rams and Niners that hang around, and step up their post counts as the appropriate games near.

We've lost some good posters over the past couple of years, but we still have some legit discussions and good commentary.

Oh, and Rams Suck! :stirthepot:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Good to have classy Rams fans here. I think all 5 of you have found your way to the board. ;)
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Welcome to our humble abode.

:{)
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Living in SoCal... I am thrilled with your move to my north, as it's only a 90 minute drive to see my Seahawks once a year. Last year didn't work out so well, and what a boring game of field goals. :oops: Hoping for a much better game and of course... different results.

Welcome to .net - your team looks like they could be for real.
    "God loves football, and He is particularly fond of the Seahawks!" :D :mrgreen:
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Veteran

• We always welcome cool fans of other teams here. Trolls won't last.
    There are several great fans that post here from other teams like RedAlice, Ringless, Box, RLkats, Guido and others.
    If you are willing to engage in good football discussion , and avoid the pitfalls of Trollsburg, you will like it here and thrive.

Welcome aboard! :2thumbs:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JRobinson wrote:Well as the post title says, it's bout time I join up here. No, I'm not a Seahawks fan, my loyalties lie with the Rams. However, I'm a big advocate of football, I love and respect the game. Now, with that said, not one of you will EVER see me make ANY post personal. No, that's disrespectful and not what any fan forum needs. Plus, I'm sure there is enough of that going on anyways.

My main reason of joining is because I love football as I stated. Also, since you guys are in our division, it would make sense to talk with fans that know their team much better than I. Sure, there are outside perspectives all over networks, but only the faithful can see and know what's going on with the depth chart and schemes.

Welcome, glad to have you.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• Image :229031_cheers:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Welcome.

The following is a list of approved topics in which you can acknowledge that the Hawks might sometimes struggle a bit without being accused of trolling:

1) The offensive line (pro-tip: most often this is gonna have to be about Tom Cable -- it's not that the players are untalented or struggling, it's a coaching problem).
    2) Darrell Bevell (anything that happens on offense is the fault of Bevell, except for when the offense plays well, and then it's despite Bevell).

All other acknowledgements of areas of struggle or non-maximum ability are heretofore off limits for you.

Warning #1: You'll likely see Hawks fans discussing a myriad of other areas in which improvement is possible, or areas which aren't performing to maximum capacity but do not take this as an invitation to also acknowledge those things. It isn't. If you even acknowledge those things wrapped up in a lot of general (and true!) praise you'll be accused of being a troll.

Warning #2: Everyone is being nice, but everyone is also assuming that you showing up right now isn't random. You came now because the Rams are 3-1 and looking good. Rams fans showed up last year when the Rams were 3-1 and then all left when they went back to being the Rams. There were a ton of 9ers fans here until the 9ers became a disaster and then they all left. Just know that there's suspicion about if you'll actually stick around if the Rams aren't leading the division. The assumption is you won't.

:2thumbs:
    Last edited by Popeyejones on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• You make it about you, Popeye.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• ^^^ For two sentences down at the end. You're right. Excuse me. Now deleted out. :2thumbs:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:Rams fans showed up last year when the Rams were 3-1 and then all left when they went back to being the Rams.

Haha.. that got a chuckle out of me, lol.. :lol:
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Veteran

• lively whistling tune...

"He's Pop-eye... the veiled man" (Wait, did I say that out loud? ;) )

Go NFC West. The teams play each other tough because they know each other... just like other divisional foes.

I'm impressed by each of the division rivals and I think there can be a place for football "discussion" (uh-um) among our rival fans. But, it's certainly reasonable that one ought to realize it's a Seahawks fan forum. So, impertinent to have impressions by other resident fans fault us as a group or individually for that. Guilty as charged. But, if love for the Hawks makes fans in this forum unilateral homers in anyone's opinion, I would think it not be worth hanging here? But, I digress...

We all can find other neutral places on the web to discuss football in general. Doesn't surprise me to see other NFC West fans show up when their team shows promise. (Nice introduction, btw. Rams are talent laden and they seem to have the coaching now and a bit of current momentum. It's a long season.) The Seahawks are the team the others are trying to supplant. For quite awhile they've mostly ended up on top. When you're on top, other fans want to knock us fans off as well. I can understand that... it's part of the fun of team sports.

The teams bring the best out in the other and prepare (usually by survival not dominance) for the playoffs. This weekend's game looks like a key game. Still, early though.
    I expect a tough game. Rams have been Hawks kryptonite. Frustrating.
    No injuries while they are beating the hell out of each other on Sunday.

Go Hawks!
    :irishdrinkers:
    Fan since team Est. 1976
    Winner of 2013 and 2015 .net annual draft contests
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• JRobinson wrote:Well as the post title says, it's bout time I join up here. No, I'm not a Seahawks fan, my loyalties lie with the Rams. However, I'm a big advocate of football, I love and respect the game. Now, with that said, not one of you will EVER see me make ANY post personal. No, that's disrespectful and not what any fan forum needs. Plus, I'm sure there is enough of that going on anyways.

Welcome, JR!

Glad your here.
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

• Thanks you guys. I appreciate the welcome, and the warnings. I meant to join a Seahawks board two years go, just didn't get around to it. Not sure if this is the main board or not, but at least it's we're loyal fans can be found. I plan on giving detailed inside on what you can see from us on Sunday. Also, it's nice being 3-1, but it don't mean nothing at this point. Let's get to 6-3 or 7-3 before I get really excited. This team is explosive, I'll elaborate on a new topic tomorrow. Look forward to the chats.
    JRobinson
    NET Bench Warmer

• JRobinson wrote:Let's get to 6-3 or 7-3 before I get really excited.

Just as long as you're 3-2 tomorrow afternoon! ;)
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Veteran

• Welcome. I spend most my time on the Reddit board as it's a bit more active but I enjoy popping in here from time to time.

Rams are legit this year!

Good luck - just not tomorrow.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• JRobinson wrote:Thanks you guys. I appreciate the welcome, and the warnings. I meant to join a Seahawks board two years go, just didn't get around to it. Not sure if this is the main board or not, but at least it's we're loyal fans can be found. I plan on giving detailed inside on what you can see from us on Sunday. Also, it's nice being 3-1, but it don't mean nothing at this point. Let's get to 6-3 or 7-3 before I get really excited. This team is explosive, I'll elaborate on a new topic tomorrow. Look forward to the chats.

Gurley is for real but they have played against 3 horrific defenses and 1 pretty good one. Dallas has NO defense when Sean Lee is out. That's fact and easily proven by any standard and the eyeball test for years running.

The only reason a big chunk of our fan base believes we lose is Aaron Donald. But they don't understand Fischer is gone, the defensive mentality is gone, and the defense itself is really bad beyond ONE guy.

Goff isn't Rodgers this will be a slugfest as usual.
    Last edited by Josea16 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• semiahmoo wrote:Welcome. I spend most my time on the Reddit board as it's a bit more active but I enjoy popping in here from time to time.

Rams are legit this year!

Good luck - just not tomorrow.

Legit? So let's see....San Francisco scores 39, Indianapolis gets killed like against us, Dallas has no Sean Lee and Washington kicks their ass. Seems legit to me.

I question if you're actually a Seahawk fan. Washington is better then Dallas but they aren't winning the NFCE. I hope you can follow the breadcumbs......

They are a possible WC team if the NFCS does the usual thing and kill each other.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• RastaHawk12! wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:Rams fans showed up last year when the Rams were 3-1 and then all left when they went back to being the Rams.

You can chuckle your San Diego little hiney off. I have no clue who you are, and I'm a Rams fan who lives in San Diego and has been posting here for YEARS. eta: much longer than you.

Also, Spinach eater: yeah, you wrong. Rams fans who MATTER are always here.

So to you new Rams fan: where your posts at Right now after our game where we lost?

oh and I made my post in the NFL forum: but, Congrats Hawk fans! You ended up w more points so you win. Fair and square.

Loves.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• And just so this is public here, I asked this Rams fan which board he normally posts on.

As most of you know, I am banned on ALL St. Louis originated boards because of things I posted here at .Net, and I have not seen him on the Los Angeles Rams boards.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:And just so this is public here, I asked this Rams fan which board he normally posts on.

As most of you know, I am banned on ALL St. Louis originated boards because of things I posted here at .Net, and I have not seen him on the Los Angeles Rams boards.

Which forums would be the best? Given it seems you guys are almost full on back.

I love when I can get my hate on for an actual division rival.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:Welcome.

The following is a list of approved topics in which you can acknowledge that the Hawks might sometimes struggle a bit without being accused of trolling:

1) The offensive line (pro-tip: most often this is gonna have to be about Tom Cable -- it's not that the players are untalented or struggling, it's a coaching problem).
    2) Darrell Bevell (anything that happens on offense is the fault of Bevell, except for when the offense plays well, and then it's despite Bevell).

All other acknowledgements of areas of struggle or non-maximum ability are heretofore off limits for you.

Warning #1: You'll likely see Hawks fans discussing a myriad of other areas in which improvement is possible, or areas which aren't performing to maximum capacity but do not take this as an invitation to also acknowledge those things. It isn't. If you even acknowledge those things wrapped up in a lot of general (and true!) praise you'll be accused of being a troll.

Warning #2: Everyone is being nice, but everyone is also assuming that you showing up right now isn't random. You came now because the Rams are 3-1 and looking good. Rams fans showed up last year when the Rams were 3-1 and then all left when they went back to being the Rams. There were a ton of 9ers fans here until the 9ers became a disaster and then they all left. Just know that there's suspicion about if you'll actually stick around if the Rams aren't leading the division. The assumption is you won't.

:2thumbs:

Warning #2 is valid.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• J Robinson, went into hiding mode smh
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

• SlickRick wrote:J Robinson, went into hiding mode smh

Nah. Posting on another thread. GG
    JRobinson
    NET Bench Warmer

• RedAlice wrote:
    RastaHawk12! wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:Rams fans showed up last year when the Rams were 3-1 and then all left when they went back to being the Rams.

You can chuckle your San Diego little hiney off. I have no clue who you are, and I'm a Rams fan who lives in San Diego and has been posting here for YEARS. eta: much longer than you.

Hahahha.. now I'm really chuckling! Laughing at you, actually. :lol:

Amigo, if your claim to fame is how long you've been posting on a message board, then I suggest you get a better life. :roll:

Good game yesterday.
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Veteran

• RastaHawk12! wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    RastaHawk12! wrote:

Amigo, if your claim to fame is how long you've been posting on a message board, then I suggest you get a better life. :roll:

Good game yesterday.

It was a good game!!! Hawks won this one.

And obviously you do not know me.

eta: we live by each other, so happy to meet you for a drink to see what kind of Hawks fan you really are.
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Reason: Attack The Post, Not The Poster
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Josea16 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:And just so this is public here, I asked this Rams fan which board he normally posts on.

Which forums would be the best? Given it seems you guys are almost full on back.

Are you asking where you can post as a Hawk fan?

http://www.ramsfansunited.com/viewforum.php?f=3

come on over sweetie.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:
    RastaHawk12! wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    RastaHawk12! wrote:

Good game yesterday.

It was a good game!!! Hawks won this one.

And obviously you do not know me.

eta: we live by each other, so happy to meet you for a drink to see what kind of Hawks fan you really are.

Haha.. dude, I'm all in on that. :D
    I've been a fan since I was 14 and am 55 now.

Your fans were pleasant, by the way. I know one 12 not wanting to wear colors because she was scared of LA, lol... I tried to tell her it would be ok. She wore a hat. :lol:
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:And just so this is public here, I asked this Rams fan which board he normally posts on.

Are you asking where you can post as a Hawk fan?

http://www.ramsfansunited.com/viewforum.php?f=3

come on over sweetie.
    Cool.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information