Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Defense gives up 10 to the best offense in the NFL so far

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • On the road (even tho stadium was half full)

3-2 and 2-0 in division.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• And the head to head over the Rams with the win. It wasn't pretty, but they got it done. And I'm seeing small signs of improvement. O line still has a long way to go, but they have gotten better.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

• And 5 turnovers, yet offense did nothing with it.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• sc85sis wrote:And the head to head over the Rams with the win. It wasn't pretty, but they got it done. And I'm seeing small signs of improvement. O line still has a long way to go, but they have gotten better.

We can't really blame the offensive line anymore, alot more of it is on Russ and even more so the play calling. He needs to learn how to help himself.

I will say the o line has played better of late.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• Defense was on fire today. I'm actually glad they get next week off, they left it all out there.

Offense... not so much.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• Russell had a lot of snaps with time and held the ball too long so he'd have to flee the pocket.
    Hollandhawk
    NET Rookie

• Getting back to 2013 means offense capitalizes on defensive takeaways. Defense for the most part was lock down outside first drive and earl did another HOF move.

Great road win but offense really needs to take these takeaways and put their foot down on teams throats.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:And the head to head over the Rams with the win. It wasn't pretty, but they got it done. And I'm seeing small signs of improvement. O line still has a long way to go, but they have gotten better.

We can't really blame the offensive line anymore, alot more of it is on Russ and even more so the play calling. He needs to learn how to help himself.

dude can't read defenses anymore it seems..

do we ever hear anymore "hes the first in the building and the last to leave"

I feel like we heard this echo for the first few years of his career. Has marriage changed him? being a father changed him?

If I am wrong please someone tell me.
    ***In Carroll We Trust***
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

• kthebestwayw wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:And the head to head over the Rams with the win. It wasn't pretty, but they got it done. And I'm seeing small signs of improvement. O line still has a long way to go, but they have gotten better.

dude can't read defenses anymore it seems..

do we ever hear anymore "hes the first in the building and the last to leave"

I feel like we heard this echo for the first few years of his career. Has marriage changed him? being a father changed him?

If I am wrong please someone tell me.

Being destroyed by Aaron Donald has made him quick to escape the pocket. I believe this is fixable with improvement on the offensive line which is currently taking place as we speak thankfully. I still think he needs to scan all his receivers, I often notice him ignoring wide open WR's on some plays, once again I think this has some to do with his internal clock i.e. running for his life for the last 3 years or really his entire career. He also needs to work on picking up blitzes and adjusting the line to block blitzes. He has tons of room for improvement there.

I still wouldn't even be mad if we signed a great offensive line free agent down the road. Joeckel has helped but I mean a true talent. Use that money spent on Graham on a great young free agent tackle.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• I used to think early byes were unfair to the teams who had them.

With the new CBA however, I think an early bye can be huge. It almost makes the preseason = offseason workouts, first 4 games = preseason, then a break for recovery and the real season begins.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:

You can't blame the offensive line when he was pressured and escaping on almost every snap?

You guys see a few times he has a clean pocket and choose to nitpick whether the receivers have separation or not. Ridiculous, O-line got owned most of the game :pukeface:
    Scorpion05
    NET Rookie

• THe oline is most definitely playing better every game. SOme of the sacks were just mistakes, rather than the complete collapse we were seeing earlier, and against a great pass-rushing team at thtat.
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• Scorpion05 wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:

You can't blame the offensive line when he was pressured and escaping on almost every snap?

You guys see a few times he has a clean pocket and choose to nitpick whether the receivers have separation or not. Ridiculous, O-line got owned most of the game :pukeface:

I would venture to say he was kept clean for most of the game, moreso than weeks past and even last year. This isn't saying the o line played perfect but he was escaping the pocket on plays when he had good protection.

And yes he could impove on going through all his reads.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

• Scorpion05 wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:

You will see what you want to see but is it really all there is in truth?I doubt it..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:

You will see what you want to see but is it really all there is in truth?I doubt it..

No, I see a Qb who misses some throws here and there. I also have NFL Redzone so I notice virtually every QB doing the same thing

My point is, if you rewatch the film Russell escaped A LOT of pressure today. Failure to see that is mind boggling honestly. We have some very low standards for this O-line. Now Jared Goff on the other hand, with that O-line, weapons, etc. was kept clean most of the game and only put up 10 points. He was nowhere close to being as harassed as Wilson

There are a couple plays you can point to, like Russell not seeing Jimmy Graham wide open running across the field. But on that same drive he threw to Jimmy Graham and scored a TD. Then we got the lead and Pete went into conservative mode against a great defense
    Scorpion05
    NET Rookie

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:

I would venture to say he was kept clean for most of the game, moreso than weeks past and even last year. This isn't saying the o line played perfect but he was escaping the pocket on plays when he had good protection.

And yes he could impove on going through all his reads.

Not saying he can't. But I simply don't buy that he had a clean pocket for most of the game when he's running from Aaron Donald and Quinn all game. Sorry, that's not factually correct and I the film can tell the story. It will show some plays he missed(like every QB), like when Jimmy Graham was wide open on a cross route. But it will show him escaping from pressure most of the time, Fact
    Scorpion05
    NET Rookie

• Scorpion05 wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:

No, I see a Qb who misses some throws here and there. I also have NFL Redzone so I notice virtually every QB doing the same thing

My point is, if you rewatch the film Russell escaped A LOT of pressure today. Failure to see that is mind boggling honestly. We have some very low standards for this O-line. Now Jared Goff on the other hand, with that O-line, weapons, etc. was kept clean most of the game and only put up 10 points. He was nowhere close to being as harassed as Wilson

There are a couple plays you can point to, like Russell not seeing Jimmy Graham wide open running across the field. But on that same drive he threw to Jimmy Graham and scored a TD. Then we got the lead and Pete went into conservative mode against a great defense

This is what I saw also.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• The Rams out yarded us bad. We had 5 takeaways and still barely squeaked out a win. Our offense is not productive. Currently defense has to play more minutes of the game and now has to take on scoring duties to be guaranteed we win a game. The only reason why the defense barely played less minutes this game is because they gave the offense the ball 5 TIMES!

We might as well cut all the high dollar offensive players, put the money into an even better defense and a kicker who can make a 60 yard field goal. :lol:
    Redsand187
    NET Bench Warmer

• Redsand187 wrote:The Rams out yarded us bad. We had 5 takeaways and still barely squeaked out a win. Our offense is not productive. Currently defense has to play more minutes of the game and now has to take on scoring duties to be guaranteed we win a game. The only reason why the defense barely played less minutes this game is because they gave the offense the ball 5 TIMES!

We might as well cut all the high dollar offensive players, put the money into an even better defense and a kicker who can make a 60 yard field goal. :lol:

omg!!!!!! thats PLAY CALLING go to bed .
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I know what the stats say but that is NOT the best offense in the NFL. They have benefited from playing soft defenses which inflated the stats. I can think of several offenses that worry me a hell of a lot more than the Rams. We simply shut down Gurley and made them one dimensional. Goff can't carry them yet.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• A review of Earl knocking the ball out of Gurley's hand.

A minor point, but one worth noting:

On the play, the left tackle Andrew Whitworth kicks out and goes to block the corner - Shaq Griffin. Not only does Griffin not shy away - and most corners do in this situation, business decisions etc etc - he flips Whitworth upside down, taking him out of any chance of blocking at the second level, and still tries to look to make a play on Gurley.

That's a 6' 1 181 corner going up against a 6' 7 335 lb lineman.

uncle fester
    NET Veteran

• We only gave up 10 points, but I don't feel that's a testament to how well they played. The ultra-reliable Greg Zuerlein missed a 36-yard FG. They Rams also pounded it down our throat on the opening drive and we were VERY fortunate to escape with zero points on that drive. An incredibly heads-up play by Thomas, but still, that was really lucky. 95% of the time that's 20 points allowed. This is not even counting Kupp dropping a very-catchable game-winning TD pass. People will be quick to throw out the "bend don't break" narrative, but to me yesterday was a case of "better lucky than good".

On the other hand, it's hard to ignore the 5 turnovers. That's obviously a great sign.
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie

• JimmyG wrote:We only gave up 10 points, but I don't feel that's a testament to how well they played. The ultra-reliable Greg Zuerlein missed a 36-yard FG. They Rams also pounded it down our throat on the opening drive and we were VERY fortunate to escape with zero points on that drive. An incredibly heads-up play by Thomas, but still, that was really lucky. 95% of the time that's 20 points allowed. This is not even counting Kupp dropping a very-catchable game-winning TD pass. People will be quick to throw out the "bend don't break" narrative, but to me yesterday was a case of "better lucky than good".

On the other hand, it's hard to ignore the 5 turnovers. That's obviously a great sign.

You can say the same that if our offense had played better we would of scored on every turnovers. How many times have we played the Rams and how many times have it's always been one play away from winning. If it's luck, I would take it everytime against the Rams.
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information