Defense gives up 10 to the best offense in the NFL so far

mistaowen

Reaction score
On the road (even tho stadium was half full)

3-2 and 2-0 in division.

sc85sis

Reaction score
And the head to head over the Rams with the win. It wasn't pretty, but they got it done. And I'm seeing small signs of improvement. O line still has a long way to go, but they have gotten better.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
sc85sis":1b254xr2 said:
And the head to head over the Rams with the win. It wasn't pretty, but they got it done. And I'm seeing small signs of improvement. O line still has a long way to go, but they have gotten better.

We can't really blame the offensive line anymore, alot more of it is on Russ and even more so the play calling. He needs to learn how to help himself.

I will say the o line has played better of late.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Defense was on fire today. I'm actually glad they get next week off, they left it all out there.

Offense... not so much.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Russell had a lot of snaps with time and held the ball too long so he'd have to flee the pocket.

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
Getting back to 2013 means offense capitalizes on defensive takeaways. Defense for the most part was lock down outside first drive and earl did another HOF move.

Great road win but offense really needs to take these takeaways and put their foot down on teams throats.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1shk6665 said:
sc85sis":1shk6665 said:

We can't really blame the offensive line anymore, alot more of it is on Russ and even more so the play calling. He needs to learn how to help himself.

dude can't read defenses anymore it seems..

do we ever hear anymore "hes the first in the building and the last to leave"

I feel like we heard this echo for the first few years of his career. Has marriage changed him? being a father changed him?

If I am wrong please someone tell me.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":ki0brjbi said:
NFSeahawks628":ki0brjbi said:
sc85sis":ki0brjbi said:

dude can't read defenses anymore it seems..

do we ever hear anymore "hes the first in the building and the last to leave"

I feel like we heard this echo for the first few years of his career. Has marriage changed him? being a father changed him?

If I am wrong please someone tell me.

Being destroyed by Aaron Donald has made him quick to escape the pocket. I believe this is fixable with improvement on the offensive line which is currently taking place as we speak thankfully. I still think he needs to scan all his receivers, I often notice him ignoring wide open WR's on some plays, once again I think this has some to do with his internal clock i.e. running for his life for the last 3 years or really his entire career. He also needs to work on picking up blitzes and adjusting the line to block blitzes. He has tons of room for improvement there.

I still wouldn't even be mad if we signed a great offensive line free agent down the road. Joeckel has helped but I mean a true talent. Use that money spent on Graham on a great young free agent tackle.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I used to think early byes were unfair to the teams who had them.

With the new CBA however, I think an early bye can be huge. It almost makes the preseason = offseason workouts, first 4 games = preseason, then a break for recovery and the real season begins.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":26rwx4le said:
sc85sis":26rwx4le said:

You can't blame the offensive line when he was pressured and escaping on almost every snap?

You guys see a few times he has a clean pocket and choose to nitpick whether the receivers have separation or not. Ridiculous, O-line got owned most of the game :pukeface:

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
THe oline is most definitely playing better every game. SOme of the sacks were just mistakes, rather than the complete collapse we were seeing earlier, and against a great pass-rushing team at thtat.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3n4gtx2e said:
NFSeahawks628":3n4gtx2e said:
sc85sis":3n4gtx2e said:

You can't blame the offensive line when he was pressured and escaping on almost every snap?

You guys see a few times he has a clean pocket and choose to nitpick whether the receivers have separation or not. Ridiculous, O-line got owned most of the game :pukeface:

I would venture to say he was kept clean for most of the game, moreso than weeks past and even last year. This isn't saying the o line played perfect but he was escaping the pocket on plays when he had good protection.

And yes he could impove on going through all his reads.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1hafz8h1 said:
NFSeahawks628":1hafz8h1 said:
sc85sis":1hafz8h1 said:

You will see what you want to see but is it really all there is in truth?I doubt it..

Scorpion05

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2tx9h9zw said:
Scorpion05":2tx9h9zw said:
NFSeahawks628":2tx9h9zw said:
sc85sis":2tx9h9zw said:

You will see what you want to see but is it really all there is in truth?I doubt it..

No, I see a Qb who misses some throws here and there. I also have NFL Redzone so I notice virtually every QB doing the same thing

My point is, if you rewatch the film Russell escaped A LOT of pressure today. Failure to see that is mind boggling honestly. We have some very low standards for this O-line. Now Jared Goff on the other hand, with that O-line, weapons, etc. was kept clean most of the game and only put up 10 points. He was nowhere close to being as harassed as Wilson

There are a couple plays you can point to, like Russell not seeing Jimmy Graham wide open running across the field. But on that same drive he threw to Jimmy Graham and scored a TD. Then we got the lead and Pete went into conservative mode against a great defense

Scorpion05

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":35c92gjb said:
Scorpion05":35c92gjb said:
NFSeahawks628":35c92gjb said:
sc85sis":35c92gjb said:

I would venture to say he was kept clean for most of the game, moreso than weeks past and even last year. This isn't saying the o line played perfect but he was escaping the pocket on plays when he had good protection.

And yes he could impove on going through all his reads.

Not saying he can't. But I simply don't buy that he had a clean pocket for most of the game when he's running from Aaron Donald and Quinn all game. Sorry, that's not factually correct and I the film can tell the story. It will show some plays he missed(like every QB), like when Jimmy Graham was wide open on a cross route. But it will show him escaping from pressure most of the time, Fact

ivotuk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1z511zze said:
IndyHawk":1z511zze said:
Scorpion05":1z511zze said:
NFSeahawks628":1z511zze said:

No, I see a Qb who misses some throws here and there. I also have NFL Redzone so I notice virtually every QB doing the same thing

My point is, if you rewatch the film Russell escaped A LOT of pressure today. Failure to see that is mind boggling honestly. We have some very low standards for this O-line. Now Jared Goff on the other hand, with that O-line, weapons, etc. was kept clean most of the game and only put up 10 points. He was nowhere close to being as harassed as Wilson

There are a couple plays you can point to, like Russell not seeing Jimmy Graham wide open running across the field. But on that same drive he threw to Jimmy Graham and scored a TD. Then we got the lead and Pete went into conservative mode against a great defense

This is what I saw also.

Redsand187

Reaction score
The Rams out yarded us bad. We had 5 takeaways and still barely squeaked out a win. Our offense is not productive. Currently defense has to play more minutes of the game and now has to take on scoring duties to be guaranteed we win a game. The only reason why the defense barely played less minutes this game is because they gave the offense the ball 5 TIMES!

We might as well cut all the high dollar offensive players, put the money into an even better defense and a kicker who can make a 60 yard field goal. :lol:

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Redsand187":25kf2nm3 said:
The Rams out yarded us bad. We had 5 takeaways and still barely squeaked out a win. Our offense is not productive. Currently defense has to play more minutes of the game and now has to take on scoring duties to be guaranteed we win a game. The only reason why the defense barely played less minutes this game is because they gave the offense the ball 5 TIMES!

We might as well cut all the high dollar offensive players, put the money into an even better defense and a kicker who can make a 60 yard field goal. :lol:

omg!!!!!! thats PLAY CALLING go to bed .

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I know what the stats say but that is NOT the best offense in the NFL. They have benefited from playing soft defenses which inflated the stats. I can think of several offenses that worry me a hell of a lot more than the Rams. We simply shut down Gurley and made them one dimensional. Goff can't carry them yet.